• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Head Coach Thread:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys could do much worse than Mike Shanahan.

Which reminds me, any news on Sexy Rexy coming to SF? :noidea:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

It wasn't all about the money. There were philosophical differences and I could bet one of them was Roman as OC. I have a feeling that Harbaugh knew that he was not going to coach past last season. Time to move on and hope for a good hire from Jed and Trent.

I don't think it was roman because if that was the reason then Roman be with Roman at Mich. Harbaugh didn't want him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way York would want Rex but I can see Rex in Atlanta or the Raiders. What about Rex in Buffalo so he can beat the Jets.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We are interviewing Ryan. That means we are interested or " way"..."No way"i is like Homgren not getting an interview.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was roman because if that was the reason then Roman be with Roman at Mich. Harbaugh didn't want him.

If Harbaugh didn't want him, why did he continue to be the OC despite the offensive struggles? Just because Roman did not go with Harbaugh to Ann Arbor, it didn't mean that Harbaugh did not want Roman? Did you even consider that Roman wanted to stay in the NFL? Maybe Roman did not want to go back to the college level.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

If Harbaugh didn't want him, why did he continue to be the OC despite the offensive struggles? Just because Roman did not go with Harbaugh to Ann Arbor, it didn't mean that Harbaugh did not want Roman? Did you even consider that Roman wanted to stay in the NFL? Maybe Roman did not want to go back to the college level.

From what I have read Roman is an NFL guy and not a college guy and the theory goes he did not want to go back to college.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We could definitely do worse, but I'm not liking the news of this package deal with both father and son on board. It sends all kinds of wrong messages. That Kyle Shanahan wouldn't have the OC job without Daddy, that Kyle is the lock to takeover once Daddy retires so whoever on the staff wants to be HC one day has nothing to look forward to with SF, and its the end for our defensive coaching staff.

One Seattle player was quoted anonymously (so take with a grain of salt) that one of the road blocks in their way every year is now out of the way and in college (Harbaugh). Dismantling the defensive coaching staff pretty much removes SF from being a threat to Seattle for a long time. We need our defense to be great (top 5), not just good. Our offense isn't going to be an explosive carry the team offense for at least a couple years if ever.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could definitely do worse, but I'm not liking the news of this package deal with both father and son on board. It sends all kinds of wrong messages. That Kyle Shanahan wouldn't have the OC job without Daddy, that Kyle is the lock to takeover once Daddy retires so whoever on the staff wants to be HC one day has nothing to look forward to with SF, and its the end for our defensive coaching staff.

One Seattle player was quoted anonymously (so take with a grain of salt) that one of the road blocks in their way every year is now out of the way and in college (Harbaugh). Dismantling the defensive coaching staff pretty much removes SF from being a threat to Seattle for a long time. We need our defense to be great (top 5), not just good. Our offense isn't going to be an explosive carry the team offense for at least a couple years if ever.

Promoting Fangio would preserve the defense.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Promoting Fangio would preserve the defense.

That's what I'm hoping for. There's the new rumor of Gus Malazhan out and it's interesting. I would need to look into that more, but if we don't go with Fangio, I would lean to Malazhan over Shanahan.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I want Fangio and hope for a good OC to come in.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

BINGO!!! :agree:

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld has rumor that Shanny to Bills as GM with son to HC Bils so that trumps our bid it would seem...so now it's time to cut bait and pray...not looking good"

Would be a good move for Shanahan, both of them.

For some reason, I don't see that happening.

:2cents:

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love if we could land both Mike and Kyle. And maybe Vic would still stay on board as DC, if not promote within.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love if we could land both Mike and Kyle. And maybe Vic would still stay on board as DC, if not promote within.

Same here. I do hope that Fangio stays as DC and Mike can work with Kap with his progressions and reads.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we don't land them. One is washed up and the other hasn't done much.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we don't land them. One is washed up and the other hasn't done much.

Why? Because his last stop didn't go well?? Ask yourself who the LAST coach was to be a perennial contender in Washington. FWIW, Shanahan was the last to win 10 games in Washington. AND The last coach to have back to back winning seasons in Washington, was Joe Gibbs mid 80s to early 90s.

Washington offensively went from 334 pts in '13 (w/ Kyle Shanny) to 301 in '14 (w/ McVay).

Cleveland offensively went from 307 in '13 (Norv) to 299 in '14 (K. Shan) WITHOUT JOSH GORDON for most of the year.

We all have our opinions on who should be the next HC, but I think using washed up on Mike Shan is inaccurate.

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Because his last stop didn't go well?? Ask yourself who the LAST coach was to be a perennial contender in Washington. FWIW, Shanahan was the last to win 10 games in Washington. AND The last coach to have back to back winning seasons in Washington, was Joe Gibbs mid 80s to early 90s.

Washington offensively went from 334 pts in '13 (w/ Kyle Shanny) to 301 in '14 (w/ McVay).

Cleveland offensively went from 307 in '13 (Norv) to 299 in '14 (K. Shan) WITHOUT JOSH GORDON for most of the year.

We all have our opinions on who should be the next HC, but I think using washed up on Mike Shan is inaccurate.

He is washed up. Hasn't won in a long time. Im talking about really winning. Winning a playoff game and coming back and doing it again. The only thing I will give him credit is that Gore and Hyde would love him. He does a nice job with the run scheme but the problem we already had that in Roman.