• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Head Coach Thread:

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All good..trying times for all..its not that I'm against Tomsula either..it's just can't we mange the situation in such a way that we don't end up getting rid of Fangio in the process especially with the mismanaged Harbs parting? We breaking up an area where we could have been very cohesive for uncertainty. And we still don't have any of the Offensive side of the equation clarified or solved. No offsite philosophy solved just more disarray is what I see. No senior counselor role seen working..just so vague on offense with any plain hire of OC. ..hence my desire to see a Shaany Sr. Hire I the first place...but alas it isn't to be.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Reeks of continued mismanagement band aid approach is point I'm getting at...which sorts it's way out with more waisted years with more turmoil and lack of cohesive overall plan

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We get a teacher who is defense oriented so fine for the defense hopefully but not the area that needs tutor teacher right now and offense is area that needs full time tutor/teacher genius. And that's not the direction we seem to be going toward..meaning more of the same stuff we have been seeing for the last 15 years. So who is the offensive genius who is going to get us to the level? Ugh don't know but probably no genius just a journeyman is my guess.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For the record, I did not want Tomsula at all. But from what I've heard he is not a yes man.

Certainly not a guy who has been vocal either and gets along with most during a time (7yrs.) of turmoil. So company man certainly which generally means a guy who doesn't make waves or has as strong of convictions as one usually sees in Head coaches. I like strong will in my coaches personally especially if they can wear the genius label well. Just don't see it in this hire. Jmo. Time will tell...but we just gave away the jewel position so hard to do better than what we have just seen and if that's the best we got well it leaves something to be desired and doesn't bode too well for the OC hiree...bandaid retread is most likely.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not a lot of upside in this hire...just a guy to hold the line..not much for the future...just so mediocre is the problem. If 49ers were a stock I would short any uptick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke and York wants 49ers to go to a 4-3 more often so they can get Willis, Bowman, Borland, Lynch and Smith on the field on pass rushing downs.

OLB- Bowman, MLB Borland, OLB Willis DE Smith and DE Lynch and J. smith(if he comes back moves to DT and either tank or Williams or Dorsey the other DT. . That would be scary.

49ers expected to switch to 4-3 defense under Jim Tomsula - Niners Nation

Last edited by a moderator:

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Truest an is 59 I believe...so too old given wholesale firing of old staff today and prior lawsuit alledging age discrimination by 49ers. Sure glad we arent rebuilding but just retooling....sic ....so now we have nobody on staff who is smarter than Jed...since we have no staff....guess Jed tout if Denver fired everyone he could too...problem is now a total lack of credibility to any of his prior statements and it would seem great performance has no bearing on job retention as both Fangio,Donatello,and Harbs all perform excellently by most metrics of job parameters. Looking more and more like a Baalke power grab and silencing of critics or strong voices...wholesale regime change coaching wise. Sad sad day....well there is always baseball and basketball to look forward to....maybe even the Raiders...as we seem almost as dis functional as them.