• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Head Coach Thread:

Mock2Speed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Yorks strike again. Went with the candidate that no one was talking about and no one wants. Doesn't even have any NFL coordinator experience, and they're instantly elevating him to the top??? The York clearly do not care anymore and now just want to stick it to us fans after we helped build the stadium.

Mock2Speed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Considering how this is unfolding, do you think they already had made this decision long before and the entire interview process was a big facade? I don't remember ever hearing that he formally interviewed. Unless he was one of those assistants that were lobbying for the job according to reports midseason.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Jed York is going to get trashed relentlessly by 49er fans.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers went the cheap route. York and baalke are so cheap. They took the easy way out.

Here is where I would agree with an owner being cheap, if the contract is low.

When people say an owner is cheap when they don't sign a player they like, that to me is stupid. There's a minimum salary cap and you don't really keep the money you don't spend as far as that goes. The money under the cap is rolled over to next year and the minimum is raised. I suppose an owner could perpetually pay the minimum, but I haven't seen much of that.

It usually is about team building or egos. They either think the player can be had for cheaper and spend elsewhere or the player is replaceable and the money they ask is too much. They could be wrong, but I don't see cheap.

Coaches salary, on the other hand, is straight from the owner and what he doesn't spend is money "earned." ("A penny saved...")

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yorks strike again. Went with the candidate that no one was talking about and no one wants. Doesn't even have any NFL coordinator experience, and they're instantly elevating him to the top??? The York clearly do not care anymore and now just want to stick it to us fans after we helped build the stadium.

If we're going to be upset with this decision and call this a York move, we have to give him credit and take the Harbaugh hire as a York move, too. Unfortunately, driving Harbaugh out was a York move, too. Net loss.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how this is unfolding, do you think they already had made this decision long before and the entire interview process was a big facade? I don't remember ever hearing that he formally interviewed. Unless he was one of those assistants that were lobbying for the job according to reports midseason.

Maiocco said there were interviews last week, but how long, I don't know.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no one should be surprised our new HC isn't as 'top name' as Harbaugh. as long as Tomsula gets the respect of players, gets them to buy in. Nest, he has to choose the right assistants, and manage them too. no question he has to find good Coordinators, cause they'll do most of the teaching.

for years many fans wanted us to pass, when we started losing this season we kept reading more and more post about power running.........getting back to our roots......getting back to what worked........yada yada

IF Tomsula leans power running fine by me, cause its the results we'll want, not the method. This last season proves fans will switch opinion no matter. So winning is what we want, even by a field goal cause it beats losing.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it is stupid to say Tomsula is cheap, when you don't even know his contract amount? in any case, does it really matter?

If York hired Fangio at $8M/year, does it really matter? if he hired Tomsula at $1M per year, does it really matter? what matters is the performance of that HC.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read over on not especially Entertaining and sometimes SPorts Network about Tomsula's interim head coach stint (Singeltary(sp)short term replacement) that the players said he prepared them soooo much better in that they practiced things like situational stuff such as 3rd and one, last 2 minutes and other situations and the players of that time and those that are still here said he was a very good coach. Justin Smith said in the short time he went from coaching him as D-line guy and took over as Head coach he was the best head coach he had every had at that time.

Now all that said I am not confident but not in despair that they are apparently choosing Tomsula.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't he. If I was him I would be insulted

Maybe not if he already knew the Niners have been grooming him to be HC for some time. Maybe he gets it, But I could understand if he took it as an insult.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and he should be!

I agree. I wouldn't stick around even if they offered more money. It's about your pride and self-respect. I hope that it works out with Tomsula, but if the Niners struggle next year, Jed will spew the same old crap about holding him accountable.