• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Head Coach Thread:

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok...back to normal..it isn't a done deal yet so there is still hope we done hire a Martz clone..just not likely to be successful with Kap style of play.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rumor has it(just what Im hearing nothing serious) that we are going to wait for Quinn but we are not going to pay Top dollar.

So what your saying is we're being.........cheap....ok ...mystery solved...York is as York pays...show me the money....:bullshit:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...back to normal..it isn't a done deal yet so there is still hope we done hire a Martz clone..just not likely to be successful with Kap style of play.

We may not always agree, but I share your opposition to Gase.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is so freaking hilarious... On the same thread, the organization is being criticized for potentially over paying then a couple of replies later, being criticized for being cheap... BY THE SAME POSRER!!!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone from somewhere else (former poster here) said his buddy worked at the a Denver airport and the Niners jet arrived recently (Baalke had been there already). York?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Someone from somewhere else (former poster here) said his buddy worked at the a Denver airport and the Niners jet arrived recently (Baalke had been there already). York?

It was Baalke... This is from an aricle in CSNBAYAREA...

"... General manager Trent Baalke on Tuesday traveled to Denver to meet with Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase for a second time about the 49ers’ head-coaching job...."

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok just throwing this out there: If it is between Quinn or Gase who do you want?

IN my opinion take the defensive guy and hope he brings in a good OC. On the other side we bring a Offensive guy(who I think is good because of Payton and we don't have Payton) but have a shot to keep Fangio because he does have 1 year left and can't leave unless its for a HC position or a college position. Now I don't see 49ers keeping him if he doesn't want to be here. Cant go through the same thing we did with harbaugh.

Overall if those are the 2 front runners I would go with Quinn. I think Fangio is a long shot just because we haven't heard anything about him being the HC.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know they could be interviewing Gase for the OC job. I mean Denver did just Fire the head coach so the staff there is likely free to look at other jobs. It could still be Fangio as HC with Gase as OC.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok just throwing this out there: If it is between Quinn or Gase who do you want?

IN my opinion take the defensive guy and hope he brings in a good OC. On the other side we bring a Offensive guy(who I think is good because of Payton and we don't have Payton) but have a shot to keep Fangio because he does have 1 year left and can't leave unless its for a HC position or a college position. Now I don't see 49ers keeping him if he doesn't want to be here. Cant go through the same thing we did with harbaugh.

Overall if those are the 2 front runners I would go with Quinn. I think Fangio is a long shot just because we haven't heard anything about him being the HC.

I guess I'll repeat it here, I'd take Quinn over Gase.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know they could be interviewing Gase for the OC job. I mean Denver did just Fire the head coach so the staff there is likely free to look at other jobs. It could still be Fangio as HC with Gase as OC.

I read that Tomsula is favorite from the inisde to get the job. I don't agree with that, should be Fangio

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QUINN --- WITHOUT QUESTION!!

But in reality, NEITHER!!!

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a thought, but why? Why not let the HC hire the OC?!!

I seriously doubt this, but maybe.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is so freaking hilarious... On the same thread, the organization is being criticized for potentially over paying then a couple of replies later, being criticized for being cheap... BY THE SAME POSRER!!!

Let me clear it up for you then...if you get into a bidding war for an Unproven HC like Gase , you're paying too much and are stupid chasing an unproven product...let's say the going rate is now 5.5M/yr. the Ryan rate as a new base. Harbaugh now looks cheap at 5M/yr. for a Proven winner and for a guy who is a HC bringing you to the pinnacle of success the SB. And league championship games. By most measures pretty damn good performance by Harbs and inexpensive for the success he gave our team..the Money spent definitely well spent. Now to contrast, suppose you entertain hiring Shanny Sr. For say 7M a yr for HC..nominally more expensive but being paid for a guy with a Proven track record who has won it all..yet I would say it is cheap relative to the 5.5m for unproven Gase. So if York doesn't want to pay for proven success at 7M yes I will say he is Cheap if he settles for 5.5Mor more unproven HC If he ends up paying 7M for Gase or another unproven I would say he is desperate to save face and is throwing money and panicking. So York is cheap not wanting to spend 7m for Shanny Sr. Proven vet HC and cheap for spending less for unproven Gase at 5.5M and stupid if he pays Gase 7M in a panic scenario . So to sum up being "cheap" is defined by one's willingness to pay for proven success vs. paying a feww dollars less for unproven young guns. Not saying it won't work just saying paying more is sometimes worth it...and all small compared to the 130M salary cap of the team. So Harbs 5m= inexpensive cuz he won a lot and has experience..Gase expensive at 5.5M cuz he isnt experienced and is being bid up..and Shanny Sr. Fair value at 5.5m+ due being a proven HC and winner of 2 SB. All around the same money but value is different due to experience level and what they have proven.:suds:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Baalke... This is from an aricle in CSNBAYAREA...

"... General manager Trent Baalke on Tuesday traveled to Denver to meet with Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase for a second time about the 49ers’ head-coaching job...."

Thanks, but Ray said this was a second jet or at least that the Jet came after it was known that Baalke was there.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be Gase as our next HC, and he will hopefully turn Kap into a good passing QB