• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Head Coach Thread:

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, look what happened yesterday. Peyton is hurting, the offense struggled MIGHTILY!!!

Flash in the pan!

That offense has both Thomas and Sanders and they struggled against the Colts. Manning's injury played a big part as the Broncos' offense struggled the last three weeks in the regular season. What will he do with Kap as QB and Patton, VD, Boldin catching passes. I don't even want to think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That offense has both Thomas and Sanders and they struggled against the Colts. Manning's injury played a big part as the Broncos' offense struggled the last three weeks in the regular season. What will he do with Kap as QB and Patton, VD, Boldin catching passes. I don't even want to think about it.

I seem to remeber a former OC for the 49ers that we all thought stunk and ending up wining a Superbowl a while ago. A certain Green Bay coach.. Hmm.. My point is another person trash could turn into gold in another place.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to remeber a former OC for the 49ers that we all thought stunk and ending up wining a Superbowl a while ago. A certain Green Bay coach.. Hmm.. My point is another person trash could turn into gold in another place.

very true.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't argue with this, BUT....

Mike Holmgren's not exactly growing on trees!

I see you're point.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gas-e- Wonderful....a guy Jed's age..they can go play on the monkey bars together...rookie OC teacher...just goes to show you what Jed 's word is worth...if they hire this green horn to be HC ....ohh my ....looks like we'll all be Giants and Warrior fans and the 49ers will be just a liitle play thing in the sports world closet.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just re-directing your question... Why is he NOT the right choice?.. I am asking because I think it's the lack of known things about him that make people dismiss his qualifications...

Doesn't have experience ...no HC experience..just an OC for 12 months..never won it all...more a product of Manning than his own abilities..as old as some of his players...no experience or products to show... So Jed are you hiring a proven commodity teacher or just a BS hire to fill a void with another YES Man???

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yeah right..but sometimes trash is just trash...and sometimes lies are just lies...like Jed telling everyone he wants to hire a teacher and a leader....this guy is too young to be a HC and has no experience...kind of a Manning clip board holder...not a proven commodity

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've always have high regards for Holmgren. He was a terrific QB coach and a great OC. He was not trash by any means. Gase is unproven and that is what I am afraid of. If Jed really wants someone who can be a "teacher", then he needs to consider someone with a bit more experience. Why isn't Denver considering him for their head coaching position?

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Base is a Martz disciple so not WCO...Martz QB disciple is Kurt Warner. Kap went to work with Warner to learn better pocket technique but it's a long process. Marty Qbs hold the ball a long time in the pocket and get beat up. Pocket passing in Martz system throws the ball before WR s are open on the break so a lot of anticipation which Kap totally lacks. Kap tends to thro,w when he sees open receivers so he's got a steep learning curve here if they go in the Gase /Martz direction. Looks like we won't be going to a WCO if we go back to this system unless Gase has abandoned and adopted a Manning system which he might have. Just not a big fan of this hire and it may be doomed to fail on many fronts.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I'm telling you just wait for it. The National Title game is over now so any day the Urban Meyer to San Fransisco news can start to leak.

The real rift between York and Harbaugh was always due to bad blood between a Wolverine and a Buckeye. York wanted Harbaugh out so he could bring in a fellow Ohio St. guy. He had the foresight of a true a Jed-i Master in knowing Meyer would lead Ohio St to a title and make this move a real headliner grabber.

I even hear Harbaugh himself is so behind this move it's the real reason his contract was lower than expected with Michigan. He was so excited over this move he was willing to pitch in part of his contract to help cover the cost of signing a guy like Meyer, because he knew from experience Jed wouldn't Pony up the money to get it done.

Now watch I make a joke about this and by the end of the week at actually happens ~_~

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do like McCarthy, but he did have Aaron Rogers. It's not like he took Trent Dilfer to the Superbowl.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The thought did go thru my mind last night about Urban Meyer to SF but thought nah...contract would still be to high for the chepo Jed the Palawan. Plus still have to deal with the college to pro adjustments..but we went this way last time so who knows. York also might just want to keep the Buckeyes strong also..so self interest vs. loyalty to state and college?."..... Meyer is intriguing but still prefer Shanny Sr +Shanny jr.+keeping Fangio at DC. Rumor has it Fangio would accept Shanny Sr as HC so get it done already.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I'm telling you just wait for it. The National Title game is over now so any day the Urban Meyer to San Fransisco news can start to leak.

The real rift between York and Harbaugh was always due to bad blood between a Wolverine and a Buckeye. York wanted Harbaugh out so he could bring in a fellow Ohio St. guy. He had the foresight of a true a Jed-i Master in knowing Meyer would lead Ohio St to a title and make this move a real headliner grabber.

I even hear Harbaugh himself is so behind this move it's the real reason his contract was lower than expected with Michigan. He was so excited over this move he was willing to pitch in part of his contract to help cover the cost of signing a guy like Meyer, because he knew from experience Jed wouldn't Pony up the money to get it done.

Now watch I make a joke about this and by the end of the week at actually happens ~_~

CANNOT STAND URBAN MEYER!!!! However, he is a GREAT coach and if he joined the greatest franchise in the NFL, well, he could do worse!

:yahoo:

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clown organization ...overbid for a rookie HC ....what should we expect from a rookie ownership group...god this depressing.:gaah:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it(just what Im hearing nothing serious) that we are going to wait for Quinn but we are not going to pay Top dollar.