• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Head Coach Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Gase is the new HC. Wow. I guess he didn't like Denvers offer. Its not official but that is the word out of Denver. Gase and Fangio would be a nice fit if Fangio stays. Also reports Fangio would stay at DC if Shanahan was HC, and Kyle would be OC.

A lot of stuff is coming out soon. I think we will know 100% soon.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Gase is the new HC. Wow. I guess he didn't like Denvers offer. Its not official but that is the word out of Denver. Gase and Fangio would be a nice fit if Fangio stays. Also reports Fangio would stay at DC if Shanahan was HC, and Kyle would be OC.

Denver could not give him the job right away because of the Rooney rule. Rumor is Fangio would not stay if Gase is hired as HC. I hope that is not the case. I am not crazy about this hire as it is.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Denver hasn't even started their interview process. Like P65 stated, the Broncos could not offer him the HC position because of the Rooney rule. Sometimes you just spout things without thinking. You're better than that. I also read those reports that the only way Fangio stays if Mike Shanahan was hired as the HC.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver hasn't even started their interview process. Like P65 stated, the Broncos could not offer him the HC position because of the Rooney rule. Sometimes you just spout things without thinking. You're better than that. I also read those reports that the only way Fangio stays if Mike Shanahan was hired as the HC.

I heard the rumor of Fangio to Arizona. But he is still under contract with the 49ers. The 49ers cannot force Fangio to coach but they can deny him permission to interview with over teams for a DC position. I would deny him permission to interview with the Cardinals and would not let him go to another team in the division. If he has to go, let him go to an AFC team.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It will be Gase as our next HC, and he will hopefully turn Kap into a good passing QB

I hope he improves Kaep too, but if we're expecting 'good passing' it has to start from Kaep. A Coach can only coach so much, only scheme so much.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the rumor of Fangio to Arizona. But he is still under contract with the 49ers. The 49ers cannot force Fangio to coach but they can deny him permission to interview with over teams for a DC position. I would deny him permission to interview with the Cardinals and would not let him go to another team in the division. If he has to go, let him go to an AFC team.

I think that if Gase is hired, Fangio leaves. I won't blame him for leaving. Just a thought, if the Niners go 8-8 or 9-7 next year, will Jed say "at least we won with class."

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if Gase is hired, Fangio leaves. I won't blame him for leaving. Just a thought, if the Niners go 8-8 or 9-7 next year, will Jed say "at least we won with class."

The 49ers front office is taking a big risk with this hire, assuming it happens. If things really go south, they are going to be crucified.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers front office is taking a big risk with this hire, assuming it happens. If things really go south, they are going to be crucified.

but no matter who they select, if it goes South...............

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think Manning would fit in with 49ers cap situation and not sure what Manning has left anyway.

IMO adding Peyton would be moving backward.

so move forward with Kaep and plan for our next QB following him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

u are wrong. they had interview yesterday and having a 2nd interview today with denver. denvers last shot here.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this ends soon. time to move forward.

Mock2Speed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't understand the large appeal of Adam Gase, considering he was given Peyton Manning at QB, who really just runs himself. It's like awarding good driver insurance, even though they use a self-driving car.

Anyways, so assume we do hire Gase. I'm curious as to what offensive identity we'll have next season, given the strengths and weaknesses on the current roster along with the philosophies of Adam Gase.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What this seems to me is that the guy I would like to be the HC (Fangio) might not be in the running. If this is so then maybe taking their time to pick is a good thing. I see Fangio walking if he isn't picked so this concerns me about how some defensive players might react to having a new DC unless a coach is picked from the existing (Tomsula?). Most HCs pretty much like to bring in their own people so if Gase gets the nod we might not see any coaches from these last few years still here soon. IMO the only major fix needed was on the offense. I would hate to see the D decline due to another DC's game plan. With a healthy squad of players our defense would have made a huge impact this last season.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomsula is your new head coach.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so bad. Singletary Part 2 here we come.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers went the cheap route. York and baalke are so cheap. They took the easy way out.