• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Head Coach Thread:

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it is stupid to say Tomsula is cheap, when you don't even know his contract amount? in any case, does it really matter?

If York hired Fangio at $8M/year, does it really matter? if he hired Tomsula at $1M per year, does it really matter? what matters is the performance of that HC.

Yes it does matter if it's a lowball figure and especially when thhe Yorks have a prior reputation of being cheap. All the other talk is just fluff if the bottom line is we hired the coach based on money...in life and especially the job market place $$$= quality =respect. Hence the phrase show me the money. But at this point we all know Tomusula is not going to be paid don't we? Does he get Harbs money! Does he get Ryan money? (5m). What's the over under on his pay going to be? Does it really matter no.but just saying I don't expect to be paying up so overr/under is like 3M/yr.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that Marc Trestman is a possible OC?! Anyone else hear this rumor?

If it happens, I'm on board with Tomsula! ALSO- we need a DC. I heard the guy from the Raiders?? :wtf2::L

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it does matter if it's a lowball figure and especially when thhe Yorks have a prior reputation of being cheap. All the other talk is just fluff if the bottom line is we hired the coach based on money...in life and especially the job market place $$$= quality =respect. Hence the phrase show me the money. But at this point we all know Tomusula is not going to be paid don't we? Does he get Harbs money! Does he get Ryan money? (5m). What's the over under on his pay going to be? Does it really matter no.but just saying I don't expect to be paying up so overr/under is like 3M/yr.

The answer is no, it doest matter how much a the team pays a head coach so long as he is under contract and both parties are happy. The Yorks showed they are willing to pay top dollar to a HC candidate when they hired Harbaugh.

Where did you get the impression this decision is based on money? Tomsula is and was their guy. Doesnt have much to do with money but has more to do with who they can get along with and how much control Baalke and York keep. I imagine that it also had to do with some coaching traits Jim Tomsula brought to the table. I'll say it again there is a reason Tomsula is so respected around the league, a reason they have been grooming him and making sure he was part of this team. It has little to do with money and lot more to do with who Tomsula is as a coach and person.

This just is not as bad a signing as you are making it. Sorry to disappoint you.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The answer is no, it doest matter how much a the team pays a head coach so long as he is under contract and both parties are happy. The Yorks showed they are willing to pay top dollar to a HC candidate when they hired Harbaugh.

Where did you get the impression this decision is based on money? Tomsula is and was their guy. Doesnt have much to do with money but has more to do with who they can get along with and how much control Baalke and York keep. I imagine that it also had to do with some coaching traits Jim Tomsula brought to the table. I'll say it again there is a reason Tomsula is so respected around the league, a reason they have been grooming him and making sure he was part of this team. It has little to do with money and lot more to do with who Tomsula is as a coach and person.

This just is not as bad a signing as you are making it. Sorry to disappoint you.

Oh I understand just fine why they hired him...continuity and the fact he's. Kissing butt..seen this of thing many times. Point is is he experienced and qualified for the position of HC? Problem is he isn't an offense guy and that's what's broke..problem is when you promote him over Fangio you end up totally dissing Fangio in the process so collateral dAmage so you end up losing him also...now whole coaching staff is gone just about so what started as a HCchange turns into a wholesale rout of the whole coaching staff so a reload turns into a rebuild and you end up loosing everything you hoped to established...cohesiveness. you loose your fan base to boot...wonderful job of mismanagement. Not my money so I really don't care..just saying money is a sign of respect and the mgmt team tends to disrespect guy who made this team a whole lot better.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
contract amount is suppose to be 4 years 8-12 mill. So that is 2 to 3 mill a year. That is cheap.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
On the positive side, this probably helps to get Justin Smith to come back.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Right on my over/under 3m a yr figure guesstimate...so fulfills saving money requirement and does nothing to dull the "cheapest hire" argument. "Cheap is as cheap does....if you don't pay for the position the label sticks...certainly not the most qualified for the position other than being a company man,well liked,and a good DL coach. To hell with experience all that seems to matter is
Loyalty....just like a mafia man.. York the water boy strikes again...

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok..one way to rectify situation ..go all in on youth movement and hire the best fit/scheme of Shanny Jr., Gase, Chud-sky, and hire Shanny Sr. As an advisor if willing .

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
contract amount is suppose to be 4 years 8-12 mill. So that is 2 to 3 mill a year. That is cheap.

If this is true, then that's on the low end. Where's the link? I would like to read it. Thanks.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok..one way to rectify situation ..go all in on youth movement and hire the best fit/scheme of Shanny Jr., Gase, Chud-sky, and hire Shanny Sr. As an advisor if willing .

I don;t think Shanahan Sr wants that sort of roll. the 49ers had the highest paid assistant coaching staff in the league last year with 12 coaches on the offensive side of the ball. I would say that money was not well spent. Too many chiefs

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I understand just fine why they hired him...continuity and the fact he's. Kissing butt..seen this of thing many times. Point is is he experienced and qualified for the position of HC? Problem is he isn't an offense guy and that's what's broke..problem is when you promote him over Fangio you end up totally dissing Fangio in the process so collateral dAmage so you end up losing him also...now whole coaching staff is gone just about so what started as a HCchange turns into a wholesale rout of the whole coaching staff so a reload turns into a rebuild and you end up loosing everything you hoped to established...cohesiveness. you loose your fan base to boot...wonderful job of mismanagement. Not my money so I really don't care..just saying money is a sign of respect and the mgmt team tends to disrespect guy who made this team a whole lot better.

For the record, I did not want Tomsula at all. But from what I've heard he is not a yes man.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that Marc Trestman is a possible OC?! Anyone else hear this rumor?

If it happens, I'm on board with Tomsula! ALSO- we need a DC. I heard the guy from the Raiders?? :wtf2::L

I am not a big Trestman person. I guess I am biased based on Eddie D firing him back in the day and the team looking better under Mariucci

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fangio is already the highest paid DC in the NFL. I don't think it is money for him at this point

Unfortunately I think you are right...with him is smells of a
Lack of respect and appreciation for what he has done ..the whole passed over for a younger guy thing...and the fact the guy was under him.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don;t think Shanahan Sr wants that sort of roll. the 49ers had the highest paid assistant coaching staff in the league last year with 12 coaches on the offensive side of the ball. I would say that money was not well spent. Too many chiefs

Ya I hear you man..not probably what he wants to be or do. Just pointing out he and his son could still be worked in but certainly not high probably given control issues both parties have.