• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Head Coach Thread:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to Mike Shanahan but if the 49ers had any interest in giving over some personal power to a Head Coach then Jim Harbaugh would still be around and the job wouldn't even be available. I'd really rather we look to bring in an Offensive minded coach. the NFC West is choke full of defensive minded teams and really we're the one that started that trend. You know how you break it? By suddenly becoming a dominate offense again. Unless they feel they can bring in a defensive guy to keep the defense at the top of the NFC West while landing a stud OC I don't like the idea of going defense heavy.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lowest points per game average in the NFC West 19.5 is not going to get it done! Go 49ers!!

Agreed. While I have been wildly critical of the letting Harbs go, there is a potential positive outcome. I have never really liked his offense, too conservative for my tastes. I hope that we can add some offense and some innovation with a new coach and staff, loosen things up and score some points.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Completely agree on all points...just hate the way this developed starting with the denial they tried to trade Harbs to the Browns. We are the WCO that never existed so if Shanny is chosen it actually be exactly going back to basics and a major improvement for the offense.t:rollseyes:

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. While I have been wildly critical of the letting Harbs go, there is a potential positive outcome. I have never really liked his offense, too conservative for my tastes. I hope that we can add some offense and some innovation with a new coach and staff, loosen things up and score some points.

I think our offense showed this year that opening things up was a bad idea. Basically the only time we did well on O this year was using the same zone read/spread, and power run that we used since 2012.

Players have to execute or it doesn't matter how innovative or great the play is. Numerous commentators and analysts have commented at times throughout the year that a pass play was well designed with a great concept/pass routes, but Kap didn't pull the trigger, he threw to the wrong guy, we got sacked, or whatever.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcdaniels is an offensive guy. And to the David Shaw comments in this thread he has gotten worse each year. Is he losing harbs recruits or what? I say no way on Shaw. They are gonna interview between 10-15 people why get upset over one name? Lets wait and see who actually gets the job.

I know this, my comment was simply that I'd rather have an offensive guy. And McDaniels will get a lot of attention as a potential HC in the coming weeks!

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS!!! :agree:

Good post, zman!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS!!! :agree:

Good post, zman!

The same innovation we had prior to Kaep? I rather enjoyed our offense up until last season I thought it started to seem stale. I had high hopes with all the weapons we had this year but it never came together. We were very fun and dynamic to watch during Roman's first few years, but for some reason we lost a lot of our playbook the last 2.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO here but it seems like the FO is looking at too many DCs and only a few offensive minded coaches. Either this a dig on Fangio or they are just going thru the motions and the pick was Fangio all along. I had wanted M. Shanahan before we picked up Harbs but after his stint at Washington I think he might not be the guy to help the team.

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard any rumors about this at all, but think there is any way to pry Urban Meyer from OSU?

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same innovation we had prior to Kaep? I rather enjoyed our offense up until last season I thought it started to seem stale. I had high hopes with all the weapons we had this year but it never came together. We were very fun and dynamic to watch during Roman's first few years, but for some reason we lost a lot of our playbook the last 2.

Read option? Not gonna happen!

BOB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really getting tired of reading 49er fans on twitter and on forums say we got rid of a great coach. Don't get me wrong Harbaugh was a good coach,but great? Come on! In order to be great you have to win the Super Bowl. Harbaugh never did that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any updates. I haven't heard much as of late.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3