• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Head Coach Thread:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan looks like the best hire canidate

Could do worst
Ryan has done pretty well with the Jets all things considered. He had one of the worst Front Office+GM tandems in the NFL feeding him players. He did make a few AFC Title games with Mark Sanchez as his QB. I could see Ryan being a good coach with a better management team behind him. I read he is the Falcons top pick though so I expect him to end up there.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 49ers hire Rex Ryan as HC then Jed must be sniffing glue. I might actually puke if that happens. Talk about drama which is Ryan's middle name.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the status of David Shaw at Stanford? He is a class guy and has a good offensive football mind. I have not heard his name mentioned. Is he locked in at Stanford?

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did'nt Shaw coach with Fangio under Harbaugh at Stanford? Might be a good fit to get both men to lead the 49ers in 2015.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 49ers hire Rex Ryan as HC then Jed must be sniffing glue. I might actually puke if that happens. Talk about drama which is Ryan's middle name.

I agree, but he'd be one helluva def coord if Fangio were to leave! However, I expect him to get hired as a HC somewhere.

What is the status of David Shaw at Stanford? He is a class guy and has a good offensive football mind. I have not heard his name mentioned. Is he locked in at Stanford?

I've heard that Shaw has no desire to follow in Harbaugh's footsteps again. Don't have a link as I can't remember where I read it! :doh:

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf2: Rex Ryan? Are they out of their frigging mind to let Jim go for this loser of a coach? I do not believe he will even be considered.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:wtf2: Rex Ryan? Are they out of their frigging mind to let Jim go for this loser of a coach? I do not believe he will even be considered.

the 49ers will NOT get a HC any where near Harbaugh. If anyone is expecting something better, go beat yourself up NOW.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Redskins blogger thinks that the Niners HC job might be the most attractive vacancy out there. That's gotta mean something, right? We should have our pick of the best candidates. Who here wants Mike Shanahan to get the job? My concerns are that he didn't do so well at his last HC job and that he had a bad relationship with his QB. On the latter concern, I think that it shouldn't be a problem here because Kaepernick seems to be a lot more coachable than RG3.

Report: Mike Shanahan in the mix for top NFL coaching vacancy | Comcast SportsNet Washington

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Redskins blogger thinks that the Niners HC job might be the most attractive vacancy out there. That's gotta mean something, right? We should have our pick of the best candidates. Who here wants Mike Shanahan to get the job? My concerns are that he didn't do so well at his last HC job and that he had a bad relationship with his QB. On the latter concern, I think that it shouldn't be a problem here because Kaepernick seems to be a lot more coachable than RG3.

Report: Mike Shanahan in the mix for top NFL coaching vacancy | Comcast SportsNet Washington

Thanks for posting the story. I have always been a Shanahan fan since he was the 49ers OC and the 1994 offense through the 1994 SB run was explosive. I would have a hard time giving Shanahan or any coach control over personnel decisions. Giving that much power to a coach fails more often than not in the modern NFL

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting the story. I have always been a Shanahan fan since he was the 49ers OC and the 1994 offense through the 1994 SB run was explosive. I would have a hard time giving Shanahan or any coach control over personnel decisions. Giving that much power to a coach fails more often than not in the modern NFL

Good point. I want a guy who will not have too much on his plate. I've read that it's not uncommon for a head coach to work 100 hours a week. Here's an article about John Harbaugh:

Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh clocks long hours to prep for game day - ESPN The Magazine - ESPN

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I want a guy who will not have too much on his plate. I've read that it's not uncommon for a head coach to work 100 hours a week. Here's an article about John Harbaugh:

Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh clocks long hours to prep for game day - ESPN The Magazine - ESPN

Especially in this era. There is the salary cap and free agency to deal with. Walsh handled alot of those duties although he had John McKay. Plus Walsh worked in an era where there wasn't a cap or pure free agency. (plus he was Bill Walsh)

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially in this era. There is the salary cap and free agency to deal with. Walsh handled alot of those duties although he had John McKay. Plus Walsh worked in an era where there wasn't a cap or pure free agency. (plus he was Bill Walsh)

Damn, we should've cloned Bill Walsh. It's crazy to think about how much these guys work. It makes me feel like a lazy bum.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good post! I like the thought of either Shanahan actually! But if Mike wants some control of the front office stuff, that seems to cause issues! Would love to have him as a HC for sure, have him bring in Kyle to run the offense and groom him to take over at some point!

I'm hoping like hell Fangio stays, just not crazy about 1. A first time HC 2. A defensive mind as HC

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yikes yes. Keeping Fangio ought to be job #2 after job #1 of hiring a new HC. The D performed unbelievably well this year considering all the injuries and youngsters. But maybe he is not classy enough.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have to find a way to keep Fangio. I can live without Tomsula as coach but Fangio must stay.