• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Neftali Feliz

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried telling people from the start not to count on Feliz or Lewis this season. Nobody believed me.

I have said the same thing all along

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Dallas reporting this morning Harrison was pulled from his rehab start with numbness in his fingers. Hope he's not having another flair up of the thoracic outlet problem. In any case still too soon to pencil him into the Sept rotation!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Dallas reporting this morning Harrison was pulled from his rehab start with numbness in his fingers. Hope he's not having another flair up of the thoracic outlet problem. In any case still too soon to pencil him into the Sept rotation!

Don't believe he's ever had a problem with thoracic outlet syndrome.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought he did like 3 of 4 years ago and he had some procedure to remove one of his ribs which he said helped his velocity. I could be thinking of something else but I thought it was the thoracic outlet syndrome that was the cause of that.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he did according to this:

Harrison, who underwent two back surgeries on April 23 and May 1 to repair a herniated disk in his lower back, will likely be sent back to Arlington to be examined by Dr. Keith Meister. Harrison missed much of the 2009 season because of surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome. That's a condition where a rib bone presses against a nerve and can cause numbness in a person's hand.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harrison, who underwent two back surgeries on April 23 and May 1 to repair a herniated disk in his lower back, will likely be sent back to Arlington to be examined by Dr. Keith Meister. Harrison missed much of the 2009 season because of surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome. That's a condition where a rib bone presses against a nerve and can cause numbness in a person's hand.

Hmm. I thought the surgery was in his low back.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very good info; thanks! I had forgotten this!

The Rangers pitching staff can't seem to catch a break!

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Harrison comes back strong next year and we re-sign Garza and with the way Perez is pitching, what do we do with Ogando and Feliz?

I foresee a starting staff of Darvish, Holland, Garza, Harrison and Perez and a pen of Cotts, Frasor, Nathan, Ross, Scheppers and Soria which leaves 1 spot open for either Feliz or Ogando

Last edited by a moderator:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Harrison comes back strong next year and we re-sign Garza and with the way Perez is pitching, what do we do with Ogando and Feliz?

I foresee a starting staff of Darvish, Holland, Garza, Harrison and Perez and a pen of Cotts, Frasor, Nathan, Ross, Scheppers and Soria which leaves 1 spot open for either Feliz or Ogando

Feliz and Ogando in the pen, Frasor probably doesn't get resigned, or Nathan's option isn't picked up

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feliz and Ogando in the pen, Frasor probably doesn't get resigned, or Nathan's option isn't picked up

think they pick up Nathan's option. frasor has been too good to not re-sign

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think they pick up Nathan's option. frasor has been too good to not re-sign

A decision has to be made somewhere, there's no room

Ogando and Feliz are already under contract, unless Feliz can actually start the year in AAA and work on his command then thats another option, not sure if he has any options left, but I doubt it

The most likely option going forward though is that Frasor doesn't get re-signed

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ogando and Feliz are already under contract, unless Feliz can actually start the year in AAA and work on his command then thats another option, not sure if he has any options left, but I doubt it

The most likely option going forward though is that Frasor doesn't get re-signed

okay I think they both have been mainstays in the pen but let them walk

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Frasor is 36. Doubt they will re-sign him. Nathan will be 38. Thinking he will be gone too. Cotts is 33 I think and if present performance continues I think he gets a one year deal with an option. We have Soria already locked for next year. However the core of our BP is youth. SCHEP, Ross, Feliz and yes Ortiz. Add Soria and Cotts to that and we have a good BP again next year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nathan is teaching himself right out of a job for next year. He's teaching everything he knows to Scheppers. I highly doubt Nathan is back next year.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nathan is teaching himself right out of a job for next year. He's teaching everything he knows to Scheppers. I highly doubt Nathan is back next year.

I don't remember what his option year was money wise. I thought it was a really modest number at like 5 million and if I am Texas I would exercise that option and just have that depth in the bullpen. If need be you can always trade him mid season and get something for him but nothing leads me to believe Nathan will be anything but really damn good next season as well.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't remember what his option year was money wise. I thought it was a really modest number at like 5 million and if I am Texas I would exercise that option and just have that depth in the bullpen. If need be you can always trade him mid season and get something for him but nothing leads me to believe Nathan will be anything but really damn good next season as well.

Baseball References for Nathan reports TEX 2014 $9mil club option and $500k buyout.

Joe Nathan Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com

Cots does not list the TEX 2014 club option and lists $750k buyout.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ah4PW47PiAi-dDBkXzk2MFNvamZQMXhnTUc0VFJ6dXc&output=html