• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska @ Purdue week

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Purdue.

Fire Eichorst.

A real man would admit they made a colossal fuck up, but a milquetoast man will do nothing and hang on to his $1,000,000 job as long as they can. Where else can you get paid a $1,000,000 and be a complete fuck up and not really do a damn thing.

Does Eichorst even appear at any events anymore?

Shawn Eichorst

"Eichorst has made nearly 300 public appearances describing his primary mission to lead Nebraska Athletics in providing Husker student-athletes with the resources and support they need to be successful in academics, athletics and life."

From that, I have to hope the football players are successful in academics, because the football players are not successful in athletics. They sort of used to be though.

"The overwhelmingly positive reaction to the high-profile hiring spoke not only to Riley’s reputation, but also to Eichorst’s ability to look beyond traditional measures by which coaches are judged and find an ideal cultural fit to lead the tradition-rich Nebraska football program. Eichorst secured one of the finest football minds in the world, a teacher of young men and a positive-thinking leader who will represent Nebraska Athletics in a first-class manner while reflecting the department’s core values of Integrity, Trust, Respect, Teamwork and Loyalty."

Blow it out your ass, Eichorst.

Credit Eichorst, in his second year at Nebraska, for removing the emotion of the regular-season-ending victory from his decision on Pelini. Credit him for recognizing that, if Nebraska expects to reach its desired position in the Big Ten and beyond, it's not about beating Iowa.

"In the final analysis," he said, "I had to evaluate where Iowa was."

Let me see here, your evaluation on Iowa sucked too, since you used that as an excuse on the firing. The firing was because of the 100% personality clash Pelini had with Eichorst, Perlman, media, and the fanbase. Why do things have to be sugar-coated?

Now, Nebraska is 3-5, and Iowa 7-0. Will another evaluation of where Iowa is at take place?

1998 Iowa was 3-8, in 1999 (Ferentz first year) 1-10, 2000 3-9, 2001 7-5.
In 2014 Nebraska was 9-4, 2015 Nebraska is 3-5 and I have zero hope for a winning record.

If 2016 goes further in the toilet, at this point in time there is nothing telling me it is going to improve, another evaluation had better take place of where this coaching staff is compared to IOWA.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players need to play for pride and show heart. I don't see that happening though with this group and it is just a shame.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is bo left a mental mess and avg talent. Its clear the team is giving up and not buying in. When you get a new coach that had opposite schemes and philosophy than the old staff its gonna take time. At this rater MR is gonna need 5-6 years to get talent and that might not be enough

The process is gonna take awhile depending on coaching staff fans arent gonna sit around for 7-8 wins in the name f improvement

MR is gonna need to understand this is neb fans wont buy excuses past 2016. I was with the staff but most of our losses were winnable..recruit recruit

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope to hell the underclassmen buy into the new schemes/staff as they only got minimally indoctrinated by the former regime. I also agree that Fuchorst is a milktoast wannabe and he thought he could do no wrong. It is just SAD that we have to let this whole shitshow play out. Not much thought about the offensive philosophy of potential hires was made by Fuchorst. If they would have went with a coach with similar offensive scheme as last year, we would have seen better results on the field offensively. I am still not sold on Banker either.

9babe29a8707b10090f8b4b19c890d9d.jpe

:finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2:

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously am never watching any games with HB10. He scares the shit out of me

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when is......

wtf%20(2).gif

an "overwhelmingly positive reaction to the high-profile hiring"?

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armstrong injured

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anybody know the specifics of why Jonathan Rose's suspension? I apologize if this has already been discussed elsewhere.

With this inept coaching staff, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he broke
Fuck Purdue.

Fire Eichorst.

A real man would admit they made a colossal fuck up, but a milquetoast man will do nothing and hang on to his $1,000,000 job as long as they can. Where else can you get paid a $1,000,000 and be a complete fuck up and not really do a damn thing.

Does Eichorst even appear at any events anymore?

Shawn Eichorst

"Eichorst has made nearly 300 public appearances describing his primary mission to lead Nebraska Athletics in providing Husker student-athletes with the resources and support they need to be successful in academics, athletics and life."

From that, I have to hope the football players are successful in academics, because the football players are not successful in athletics. They sort of used to be though.

"The overwhelmingly positive reaction to the high-profile hiring spoke not only to Riley’s reputation, but also to Eichorst’s ability to look beyond traditional measures by which coaches are judged and find an ideal cultural fit to lead the tradition-rich Nebraska football program. Eichorst secured one of the finest football minds in the world, a teacher of young men and a positive-thinking leader who will represent Nebraska Athletics in a first-class manner while reflecting the department’s core values of Integrity, Trust, Respect, Teamwork and Loyalty."

Blow it out your ass, Eichorst.

Credit Eichorst, in his second year at Nebraska, for removing the emotion of the regular-season-ending victory from his decision on Pelini. Credit him for recognizing that, if Nebraska expects to reach its desired position in the Big Ten and beyond, it's not about beating Iowa.

"In the final analysis," he said, "I had to evaluate where Iowa was."

Let me see here, your evaluation on Iowa sucked too, since you used that as an excuse on the firing. The firing was because of the 100% personality clash Pelini had with Eichorst, Perlman, media, and the fanbase. Why do things have to be sugar-coated?

Now, Nebraska is 3-5, and Iowa 7-0. Will another evaluation of where Iowa is at take place?

1998 Iowa was 3-8, in 1999 (Ferentz first year) 1-10, 2000 3-9, 2001 7-5.
In 2014 Nebraska was 9-4, 2015 Nebraska is 3-5 and I have zero hope for a winning record.

If 2016 goes further in the toilet, at this point in time there is nothing telling me it is going to improve, another evaluation had better take place of where this coaching staff is compared to IOWA.

There can be no doubt that Pelini's firing was because of personality clashes between Eichorst and Pelini, and not only that, but Eichorst just wanted a body to fill the head coaching job at Nebraska, any "body" would do, instead of trying to lure a legitimate winner here.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope to hell the underclassmen buy into the new schemes/staff as they only got minimally indoctrinated by the former regime. I also agree that Fuchorst is a milktoast wannabe and he thought he could do no wrong. It is just SAD that we have to let this whole shitshow play out. Not much thought about the offensive philosophy of potential hires was made by Fuchorst. If they would have went with a coach with similar offensive scheme as last year, we would have seen better results on the field offensively. I am still not sold on Banker either.

View attachment 45259

:finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2::finger2:

He's another egomaniac just like Steve Pederson is.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So other than not hire the coach you wanted, what exactly has Eichorst done that is so terrible? You guys say he's an egomaniac like SP, yet in the same breath ask if he even makes appearances any more. Not sure if you guys recall, but Pedey loved to be the center of attention. Eichorst is anything but that. I've yet to see any criticism of Eichorst on here that wasn't "Waaahhh...we didn't get a big-time hire!" Never mind the fact that "big-time hire" is not exactly the way we do things here in Nebraska. So what is it that has you guys so worked up about SE?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it now.

Fyfe goes out and looks great against a shitty Purdue defense. The following week Tommy has healed, and gets the nod, as Riley declares "you don't lose your job because of injury". The Huskers lose to Mich St and everybody flips that Fyfe should have started.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it now.

Fyfe goes out and looks great against a shitty Purdue defense. The following week Tommy has healed, and gets the nod, as Riley declares "you don't lose your job because of injury". The Huskers lose to Mich St and everybody flips that Fyfe should have started.
Seems like par for the course. Although I'm going to call my shot now and say I think that is the right decision so I'm not accused of just supporting blindly. I think Fyfe would get mauled by MSU.

I'm worried about TA getting healthy though. His left foot wasn't right either on Saturday. Several times he came up gimpy during the game, and he threw off his back foot a ton even by his standards. Now his right foot is hurt as well. Not a great scenario.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So other than not hire the coach you wanted, what exactly has Eichorst done that is so terrible? You guys say he's an egomaniac like SP, yet in the same breath ask if he even makes appearances any more. Not sure if you guys recall, but Pedey loved to be the center of attention. Eichorst is anything but that. I've yet to see any criticism of Eichorst on here that wasn't "Waaahhh...we didn't get a big-time hire!" Never mind the fact that "big-time hire" is not exactly the way we do things here in Nebraska. So what is it that has you guys so worked up about SE?

Why should we want a big time hire here when we can enjoy more Callahan like results from a coach with a losing record his last 5 seasons at OSU? Yeah you're right, none of us should be upset with Eichorst.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seems like par for the course. Although I'm going to call my shot now and say I think that is the right decision so I'm not accused of just supporting blindly. I think Fyfe would get mauled by MSU.

I'm worried about TA getting healthy though. His left foot wasn't right either on Saturday. Several times he came up gimpy during the game, and he threw off his back foot a ton even by his standards. Now his right foot is hurt as well. Not a great scenario.

And a healthy TA would get mauled by MSU even if he has some good protection.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should we want a big time hire here when we can enjoy more Callahan like results from a coach with a losing record his last 5 seasons at OSU? Yeah you're right, none of us should be upset with Eichorst.
Just wondering if anybody had any complaints outside of who he hired. Pretty much anybody who knows anything about football knows that it is too early to tell whether it was a good hire or not.