• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nebraska @ Purdue week

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There have been so many games that were just thrown out the window by this losing coaching staff like they don't mean a Goddamned thing this season, that no matter who plays at QB today I don't believe Nebraska would win. Of course I hope I'm wrong.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been so many games that were just thrown out the window by this losing coaching staff like they don't mean a Goddamned thing this season, that no matter who plays at QB today I don't believe Nebraska would win. Of course I hope I'm wrong.
That's the spirit! :suds:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using my old brain, I believe it was said (on 1620) there are 17 O Linemen on scholarship at Nebraska. If indeed there are only 5 that can play, it speaks volumes to how bad it has gotten in Lincoln.
Especially since 1 of those 5 is a RS freshman. From people who know what they are talking about when it comes to O-line (I admittedly don't, unless they really screw up...unfortunately, I've been able to identify some deficiencies this year which is really bad) the dropoff is very big. The upperclassmen on scholarship have been consistently beaten out throughout their careers by our starters this year and last...that should tell you something about how bad they really are because our line the last few years has NOT been very good.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's the spirit! :suds:

After receiving that drubbing from a 1-6 ?powerhouse? now you see why I had no optimism. almost 50 passes from a QB who has hardly any real experience?! Despite this, he still passed for over 400yds! On the other hand, he threw 4 picks. TA would have thrown 4 or more picks and maybe another gem like the pick six he threw against NW, so I'm certainly not going to blame General Fyfe, or if TA had played and threw some picks, him either for a drubbing. A sensible offensive gameplan with a paring down of the passes to dramatically lower the turnover risk factor, would have given Nebraska the best chance for something that certainly has been fleeting from west coast Riley, and that is a win.