• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hit was harder, but I still think the whiplash effect of the first hit was worse.

EDIT: ahh, NFL blocked their content
If you really think the impact of the hit against the Bills is greater than that of the Bengals, I'd delete your account now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PJ Walker could get the starting job then....because Baker hasn't played well and Rhule is on the hot seat.

According to Rhule, he never considered pulling Baker. I wonder if that was because he didn't have Darnold available?

I think he made a mistake starting Baker over Darnold. Not that Darnold is necessarily better. But he was already familiar with the offense and his weapons.

Based on reports, Baker picked up the offense pretty quickly. But it's a much shorter training camp, so there isn't the time to learn and develop timing with his teammates.

There was a weird momentum that built up behind giving Baker the starting job that seemed to be based on the belief that he wouldn't handle not being named the starter as well as Darnold would, so Rhule went with that.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Rhule, he never considered pulling Baker. I wonder if that was because he didn't have Darnold available?

I think he made a mistake starting Baker over Darnold. Not that Darnold is necessarily better. But he was already familiar with the offense and his weapons.

Based on reports, Baker picked up the offense pretty quickly. But it's a much shorter training camp, so there isn't the time to learn and develop timing with his teammates.

There was a weird momentum that built up behind giving Baker the starting job that seemed to be based on the belief that he wouldn't handle not being named the starter well as Darnold would, so Rhule went with that.
Fair enough.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean..I doubt atlanta runs for 220 yards with Myles out there. His poor off field choice led to that.

Fortunately they are still in first. A lot of football to play.
could even argue losing Clowney hurts more in the run game.

Agree far from over.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two hits were in no way identical. Tua had just threw a pass and was in the air when a LB pushed him which caused him to fall to the ground and bump his helmet into the ground. Thursday's hit was far brutal. Saying both hits were similar is completely inaccurate.

I am not going to say the Thursday hit was less severe.

It wasn’t.

However, on the Thursday hit, he appeared to take the brunt of it on his shoulder and back. Yes, his head made forceable contact with the turf.

But, it did seem to me like the head trauma from the hit against the Bills as as great or greater because of the whiplash effect.

Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talanoa Hufanga showing the NFL why USC fans loved him.