• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought his issues were more last 2 drives. Needed to run a lot more IMO.
You take the 3 point on 4th and 3 on the first drive. A nice long drive that came up empty, I hate that call. Of course then 3 points is the difference…Brisett played well again though. One stupid decision but again he shouldn’t have been in that situation

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it isn't. Not sure how much more clear that he was found by medical doctors to have not suffered a concussion needs to be made for you.

You can keep repeating this bullshit all you want and it won't change the fact that there was no concussion on Sunday.

Gotta love all of these medical experts who can diagnose a concussion and overrule doctors from their couch.

And you thinking that the hit on Thurdsay wasn't a risky hit whether concussed or not has me wondering what you think you watched. The back of his head slammed into the turf.

Do you still have this same opinion after all the continued stink over this situation? The independent expert was fired. Smoking gun?

You're misinterpreting my statement re: the Thursday hit. It wasn't close to as violent as Sunday's hit against the turf and "may" not have caused a concussion had he not already been concussed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On changing concussion protocol to the "mobile instability" or whatever that is that they're looking at.

Dan Patrick raised a good question:

There was a fairly recent playoff game where Patrick Mahomes hurt his knee on a play, struggled to get up, took a step or 2 then his knee buckled causing him to go down. Hec was helped up, stayed in the game and the Chiefs won. If they do what is apparently being discussed, Mahomes would have been forced out of the game.

I wonder what the narrative will be when they pull a guy from a game for something like that and the team loses?

DP also questioned what the "several mistakes" were that led to the independent guy being fired and what happens with the team doctor who would have had to agree with the independent guy for Tua to play?

I get player safety, I get protecting players from themselves and think that the game needs to be as safe as possible.

However, football is a tough, violent sport and you can get hurt playing it. These are grown men choosing to play. If you choose to play, you accept the risk.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they bowed to public pressure? Curious, who are you blaming for his playing? Only the doc? Not Tua nor the Phins at all?

They are all to blame. Tua misled doctors, doctors didn't rule him out from the obvious hands to the helmet/shaking out cobwebs/stumble/fall/etc, team didn't rule him out either (and McDaniel said he "only" had a concussion, implying a lack of concern about head injuries), the NFL continues to fall short on these matters, etc. Anyone working a game is afraid to call out the league on these issues, as they know they can be shown the door instantly no matter their assumed "pull" in the industry (just ask Bob Costas).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you still have this same opinion after all the continued stink over this situation?

Yes.

The independent expert was fired. Smoking gun?

So, the independent guy gets fired because he "made several mistakes", but the league and union haven't disclosed what those mistakes were.

There appears to have been no action against the team doctor who would have had to agree with the independent guy for Tua to play. Why is that?

So far, this looks like the NFL reacting to Karens.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On changing concussion protocol to the "mobile instability" or whatever that is that they're looking at.

Dan Patrick raised a good question:

There was a fairly recent playoff game where Patrick Mahomes hurt his knee on a play, struggled to get up, took a step or 2 then his knee buckled causing him to go down. Hec was helped up, stayed in the game and the Chiefs won. If they do what is apparently being discussed, Mahomes would have been forced out of the game.

I wonder what the narrative will be when they pull a guy from a game for something like that and the team loses?

DP also questioned what the "several mistakes" were that led to the independent guy being fired and what happens with the team doctor who would have had to agree with the independent guy for Tua to play?

I get player safety, I get protecting players from themselves and think that the game needs to be as safe as possible.

However, football is a tough, violent sport and you can get hurt playing it. These are grown men choosing to play. If you choose to play, you accept the risk.

If it's an obvious non-head injury, that is taken into account. This shouldn't become a blind "he staggered, he's out" rule. There needs to be some sort of impact to the head/neck area or a whiplash situation.

The biggest mistake was by the NFL by having the protocol involve ruling out any other injury as a potential cause. That left open the loophole of blaming it on a back injury (which Tua likely learned from other players). The simple whiplash head impact to the ground followed by any sign of injury (staying down, struggling to get up, grabbing his helmet, shaking his head, staggering, falling, needing help off the field, losing consciousness, etc) should immediately put the player into concussion protocol.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua misled doctors,

You don't know that. The independent guy was fired because he made mistakes that haven't been disclosed, no one has said that Tua had a concussion on Sunday and Tua said it was his back.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's an obvious non-head injury, that is taken into account.

That's not what is being suggested. So no, it wouldn't be. The Karens have now added "even if there was no concussion, he had a back injury...why did they let him back in with an injured back?" to their narrative.

Last edited:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are all to blame. Tua misled doctors, doctors didn't rule him out from the obvious hands to the helmet/shaking out cobwebs/stumble/fall/etc, team didn't rule him out either (and McDaniel said he "only" had a concussion, implying a lack of concern about head injuries), the NFL continues to fall short on these matters, etc. Anyone working a game is afraid to call out the league on these issues, as they know they can be shown the door instantly no matter their assumed "pull" in the industry (just ask Bob Costas).
Do you know that Tua misled the doctors? And, I understand that my opinion is somewhat biased since I'm a Phins fan. Having said that, maybe the Phins made the decision to play Thursday because Tua was cleared, so no reason to hold him out. Or, maybe they bribed the doctor to clear him, who knows?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

So, the independent guy gets fired because he "made several mistakes", but the league and union haven't disclosed what those mistakes were.

There appears to have been no action against the team doctor who would have had to agree with the independent guy for Tua to play. Why is that?

So far, this looks like the NFL reacting to Karens.

Karens? Tell Tua's family that. I would not be surprised to see a lawsuit follow this mess. A man much more susceptible to repeated brain trauma due to his first concussion Sunday was rushed back into play and bypassed the protocol. We all saw the unfortunate result of that Thursday when a similar situation played out again. Had he been in protocol, he couldn't have been cleared by Thursday's game. With this quick 2nd concussion, he will likely need to be out for an extended period of time. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised to the Dolphins try to have him back out starting next Sunday.

The NFL is going to be much more hesitant to admit wrong-doing than the NFLPA, who immediately went after the independent guy. The NFL is trying to protect it's product vs the science.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what is being suggested. So no, it wouldn't be. The Karens have no added "even if there was no concussion, he had a back injury...why did they let him back in with an injured back?" to their narrative.

Is that not an appropriate question, even if it shouldn't be part of the concussion discussion?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karens? Tell Tua's family that. I would not be surprised to see a lawsuit follow this mess. A man much more susceptible to repeated brain trauma due to his first concussion Sunday was rushed back into play and bypassed the protocol. We all saw the unfortunate result of that Thursday when a similar situation played out again. Had he been in protocol, he couldn't have been cleared by Thursday's game. With this quick 2nd concussion, he will likely need to be out for an extended period of time. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised to the Dolphins try to have him back out starting next Sunday.

The NFL is going to be much more hesitant to admit wrong-doing than the NFLPA, who immediately went after the independent guy. The NFL is trying to protect it's product vs the science.

Yes, Karens. No one has confirmed that he had a concussion on Sunday and you continuing to claim he did isn't going to change that. If you can't even acknowledge the fact that he was determined to not be concussed...don't respond to any more of my posts.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, whether Tua had a concussion Sunday or not is irrelevant to the hit he took on Thursday. The hit he took against Cincy was one of the worst hits I've seen a QB take. If Tua was out Thursday because of the Bills game, then played the following week and took a similar hit, he'd likely still have a concussion. The argument you're making is a lot of "What abouts". And I doubt the Dolphins are going to rush him back. If he's not cleared, he won't play. If he's cleared, he'll play.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that not an appropriate question, even if it shouldn't be part of the concussion discussion?

Not really, no. Someone's back can spasm or "lock up" briefly without being something that keeps a player out of a game.