• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, so good. He kept Donte Williams who is the one assistant I thought should be kept and seems to be massively upgrading the rest of the staff. Thats not even looking at what hiring him has done for recruiting. The 2023 recruiting class is top 10.

Of course, all of this has to equate to performance on the field, but no complaints so far.
Yes! but what do you think of him.

Riley can recruit of course… It’s not that hard to recruit California.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes! but what do you think of him.

Riley can recruit of course… It’s not that hard to recruit California.

Not sure what you mean by what do I think of him. Based on what he accomplished at Oklahoma, it seems like he can coach.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you mean by what do I think of him. Based on what he accomplished at Oklahoma, it seems like he can coach.
I ment the way he left Oklahoma. He doesn’t seem Kiffinish to you?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ment the way he left Oklahoma. He doesn’t seem Kiffinish to you?

Oh. No, not really. I think it was the result of the early signing day. Basically I love that we got him, but hate the way it happened. Without the early signing day, I think he stays at Oklahoma long enough to get them through the bowl game, etc. Or at least give Oklahoma a choice of whether they wanted him to or not.

But, with it, he probably felt like he needed to get to USC to get his staff hired and try to save the recruiting class. I'm really hoping that this is the last year that there's an early signing day. Several bowl teams were working with severely depleted coaching staffs because of it.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, with it, he probably felt like he needed to get to USC
Yeah because he’s afraid of the SEC schedule… If Caleb Williams bolts to USC, Riley SHOULD be known as the biggest COWARD ever.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because he’s afraid of the SEC schedule… If Caleb Williams bolts to USC, Riley SHOULD be known as the biggest COWARD ever.

Meh, I think the SEC schedule thing is way overblown. The only team that would be consistently better than what he had at OU is Alabama. Georgia is up there, but not consistent.

The rest of the SEC is overrated. I'll bet Texas might even be able to win 3 conference games a year in the SEC. 6-6 gets you into a bowl. Just be careful with your OOC scheduling. Make sure you do it the "SEC way".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my point whatsoever. The team should've realized that he wasn't leading them to a Super Bowl in his current state and thought of the future IMO, but my original point is that giving credit for getting surgery ASAP after the team shuts him down for week 18 with no playoffs coming seems unnecessary. Unless he was going to pull a Michael Thomas and not get surgery until next season to be a real prick, of course he would move forward with the surgery now.
I can agree not much credit should be given for shutting it down now......never thought he'd pull a Thomas.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I think the SEC schedule thing is way overblown. The only team that would be consistently better than what he had at OU is Alabama. Georgia is up there, but not consistent.

The rest of the SEC is overrated. I'll bet Texas might even be able to win 3 conference games a year in the SEC. 6-6 gets you into a bowl. Just be careful with your OOC scheduling. Make sure you do it the "SEC way".
So if Williams decides to transfer to USC?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington Football Team is announcing their team name on Feb. 2nd.

I'm hoping they either leave it as Washington Football Team or go with Insurrectionists.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. No, not really. I think it was the result of the early signing day. Basically I love that we got him, but hate the way it happened. Without the early signing day, I think he stays at Oklahoma long enough to get them through the bowl game, etc. Or at least give Oklahoma a choice of whether they wanted him to or not.

But, with it, he probably felt like he needed to get to USC to get his staff hired and try to save the recruiting class. I'm really hoping that this is the last year that there's an early signing day. Several bowl teams were working with severely depleted coaching staffs because of it.
In the end, there's really no ideal way to leave one school for another.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Williams decides to transfer to USC?
There is no honor amongst thieves.

CFB is the most cut throat of sports.

Hell, some players in the portal usually know where they go before they put themselves in there.

We won't even get into the bag game.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no honor amongst thieves.

CFB is the most cut throat of sports.

Hell, some players in the portal usually know where they go before they put themselves in there.

We won't even get into the bag game.
Exactly!

I bet if Williams went to Miami, you’d change your tone.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the portal favors the players obviously but it also favors the big programs. The same day Williams went on the portal Dillon Gabriel out of UCF transferred to OU. Already has 70 tds and has 3 years of eligibility left.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!

Why would he change his tone? One can hate how the game is played and still play it and take advantage of it.

When Riley came to USC, he immediately flipped two 5 star recruits from OU to USC and Caleb Williams looks to be in play too.

I hate the way we got Riley, I hate that the kids flipped like that (I'm old school and believe in committing to the school not the coach) and as I said, I hate the ESD.

Now ask me if I think USC shouldn't bring in those recruits that flipped or Caleb Williams if he wants to come to USC...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the portal favors the players obviously but it also favors the big programs. The same day Williams went on the portal Dillon Gabriel out of UCF transferred to OU. Already has 70 tds and has 3 years of eligibility left.

I have a feeling that we're going to see a lot of that among QB's going forward.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is 1000% right

Yep. Agree. Last I checked, not being a jerk isn't one of the requirements to be MVP. If someone is going to let how they feel about a player personally, regardless of whether it's positive or negative, influence their vote like that...they probably shouldn't be voting.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!

Miami has TVD who's going in as the best QB in the ACC. He's not needed and isn't coming to Miami.

Having said that, I've adapted to the current state of football.

Coaches are going to do what's best for their career. Players are going to do what suits them.

But I have no idea what tone I'm presenting to you. The rules allow Williams to do what he wants. The portal is going to hurt and benefit teams at varying points. Adapt or die.