• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone siding with AB after years of evidence indicating otherwise are just doing this as an exercise
Yeah not trusting that looney, that's like trusting Kyrie x10. He could be right but very small chance

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May still be a solid #2 but I question that a little now.

So little dead money in his contract if cut, I have to think he's gone. I also think he's still a solid asset in the right offense. He could have a Cole Beasley type resurgence (or replace Beasley if the Bills want to dump him, similar dead money situation to Landry, but only half the salary).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And despite what Mike Florio said after the game about how teams may still be interested him......I don't think many teams will be interested based on his past history with teams.

Dallas would sign him immediately

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not trusting that looney, that's like trusting Kyrie x10. He could be right but very small chance

Thing is, I have been very clear from the start that AB is in the wrong.

People making it seem like I am making excuses for what he did.

All I am saying is if there is an ounce of truth to AB’s side, Arians is wrong too.

And time will tell. Might not be until after the season that we really know.

But while it is true nobody is coming out and supporting AB’s side, I haven’t see anybody but Arians is refute it either.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Myles and Baker for Burro

Let's go

Here ya go...

Burro_full.jpg

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don’t totally agree.

Garret and Watt aren’t truly untouchable.

Herbert and Burrow actually are untouchable.

There are a very small number of players in both the NFL and NBA.

In the NFL, a star QB on a rookie contract has unfathomable value. There is just no possible way to match it in a deal short of trading Herbert and Burrow for each other, which makes about 0 sense.

In the NBA, a budding superstar on a rookie contract is also untradeable. Just totally impossible to find anything close to equal value in a deal.
Sure young, star QB's are on a different level but that is a given. If you think the Browns would trade Garrett, Mayfield, and 1st's to RW, I don't know what to say. Like I said, RW is great but he is in no way comparable to Burrow or Herbert and I'm not even sure why it was brought up. So the point is in a realistic trade scenario with all things considered, yes Watt and Garrett are right there at untouchable and cornerstones of their organizations.

I mean what is a realistic scenario Garrett gets traded? It won't be for a non-QB position so then we look at QB's. No organization is trading a Burrow, Jackson, Herbert, Murray, Mahomes, Allen, etc. So that leaves middle aged, veteran QB's or older star QB's like RW, Ryan, Carr, Rodgers and obviously the Browns would not trade Garrett for Deshaun Watson with his recent history. I don't think Garrett would get traded for any of those guys and the closest would be Rodgers but he is 37. Then you have to take into the factors of Rodgers and does he want to be in Cleveland. Take all this into account and that's why Garrett is untouchable. It isn't just a simple I would trade Garrett for this player but that's not how it works in the NFL. So maybe in your terms he isn't untouchable but there is a reason star, future HOF edge rushers do not get traded in their prime unless there are internal issues, player asking for a trade, contract issues, etc. If one of those issues comes up then sure they would look to trade him but that's any player in these times.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So little dead money in his contract if cut, I have to think he's gone. I also think he's still a solid asset in the right offense. He could have a Cole Beasley type resurgence (or replace Beasley if the Bills want to dump him, similar dead money situation to Landry, but only half the salary).
He'll be asked to take a paycut. If he refuses he'll be released as no way we'll pay him $16 mil for what he can produce.....and, sure, he might want to leave.

I could see him still producing, especially if he's playing with a true #1. My guess is someone pays him around $8 mil or so.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Mayfield for getting surgery as soon as possible. It’s a shame Michael Thomas didn’t do what he should have done in the off-season to get on the field this year.

Soon as possible would've been week 3 if we want to give props...

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure young, star QB's are on a different level but that is a given. If you think the Browns would trade Garrett, Mayfield, and 1st's to RW, I don't know what to say. Like I said, RW is great but he is in no way comparable to Burrow or Herbert and I'm not even sure why it was brought up. So the point is in a realistic trade scenario with all things considered, yes Watt and Garrett are right there at untouchable and cornerstones of their organizations.

I mean what is a realistic scenario Garrett gets traded? It won't be for a non-QB position so then we look at QB's. No organization is trading a Burrow, Jackson, Herbert, Murray, Mahomes, Allen, etc. So that leaves middle aged, veteran QB's or older star QB's like RW, Ryan, Carr, Rodgers and obviously the Browns would not trade Garrett for Deshaun Watson with his recent history. I don't think Garrett would get traded for any of those guys and the closest would be Rodgers but he is 37. Then you have to take into the factors of Rodgers and does he want to be in Cleveland. Take all this into account and that's why Garrett is untouchable. It isn't just a simple I would trade Garrett for this player but that's not how it works in the NFL. So maybe in your terms he isn't untouchable but there is a reason star, future HOF edge rushers do not get traded in their prime unless there are internal issues, player asking for a trade, contract issues, etc. If one of those issues comes up then sure they would look to trade him but that's any player in these times.
Yeah, Cleveland isn't trading Garrett for RW.

Mayfield and a few 1sts? Sure. But, they'd be stupid to trade Garrett.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think they would do that

But only because Russ is 33 and coming off a relatively bad season.

Had he still been playing like a pro bowler, Then maybe.

Even then, Baker + multiple picks would always be more likely.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soon as possible would've been week 3 if we want to give props...
Well I don’t think the team had a problem with him playing. If they did they didn’t have to play him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll get to NY then Ciara will divorce Russell and start dating some dude from Broadway.

But all jokes aside if he's putting family before anything else I won't bash him for it. Family should always come first.

Agree. I posted yesterday that sometimes, when players hit their 30's. There chosen destinations tend to become more about what their families want. From what was reported at the time, what his family wanted was a big part of why Lebron went to LA when, from a ready to win now perspective, there were teams in far better shape than the Lakers.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For a chance to win a Super Bowl now? Garrett doesn't have near the impact on winning that an elite QB would have.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I posted yesterday that sometimes, when players hit their 30's. There chosen destinations tend to become more about what their families want. From what was reported at the time, what his family wanted was a big part of why Lebron went to LA when, from a ready to win now perspective, there were teams in far better shape than the Lakers.
And the Lakers still won!!!!

LOL.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they thought they could get HOF level Russ for 3-4 years? Of course they'd trade Garrett.