• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, the reason for the Browns to do it, would be to win right now. The Browns have the roster to win right now, whether or not they have the QB is the question. It's kind of hard to know with him because between injuries and a coaching carousel, there hasn't been the consistency to help him develop. The problem the Browns have is that it's about time to pay him, they still don't know what he is and it looks like the local media and fans are starting to turn on him.

As far as RW wanting to go to Cleveland, they're not on his list, but if I'm the Browns and am considering moving on from Baker...I think I at least contact his agent and try to make a pitch to him. The answer is probably still no, but at least they would have made him tell them no instead of just assuming it's a no.

I don't think it's just you...today is the first time I have seen folks on the talk shows starting to question if he's the right guy or not.
I definitely think the Browns need to move on from Baker as well. Cleveland has a roster that's ready to win now.

Also, if I'm RW, Cleveland as a city may not be the most desirable place to live. But if you win in Cleveland, you're an absolute legend. You're not getting that with the Giants who are horribly mismanaged.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely think the Browns need to move on from Baker as well. Cleveland has a roster that's ready to win now.

Also, if I'm RW, Cleveland as a city may not be the most desirable place to live. But if you win in Cleveland, you're an absolute legend. You're not getting that with the Giants who are horribly mismanaged.

Wilson has a no trade clause. And I think his willingness to play for the Giants is more about his wife wanting to be in N.Y. than Wilson himself actually caring about winning at this point in his career.

The Giants aren't set up to win right now. But the Browns have a good enough roster that with the right QB they should be a playoff lock. But you're right if he would win in Cleveland he immediately becomes legendary.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has a no trade clause. And I think his willingness to play for the Giants is more about his wife wanting to be in N.Y. than Wilson himself actually caring about winning at this point in his career.

The Giants aren't set up to win right now. But the Browns have a good enough roster that with the right QB they should be a playoff lock. But you're right if he would win in Cleveland he immediately becomes legendary.
You're absolutely right. I think it's the wife who's more influencing NY than Russ. Having said that, move to NY after your playing career is over. He has what, maybe 5 years left in his career? Afterwards, follow her ass around. Russ is still a prime QB and should dictate where they go.

If Russ was complaining about personnel decisions in Seattle, just wait until NY. Is it worth living there if you have a worst OL situation than you have in Seattle?

And like you said, throw a top 10 QB on Cleveland right now, you have a team at minimum that will contend for the AFC and make things interesting. They're that solid outside of QB.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In lots of opinions. No one but you and tlance back AB on this. I havent heard any talk show host or any former player back AB. Havent seen where even 1 current or former teammate has backed him.
Because, they haven't.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why I think Wilsons list is more about his family. Specifically his wife. Looking at it from a "chance to win, just needs a QB" perspective, it would be hard to pick a place more set up to win, than the Browns.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think Wilsons list is more about his family. Specifically his wife. Looking at it from a "chance to win, just needs a QB" perspective, it would be hard to pick a place more set up to win, than the Browns.
could use a legit #1 WR but not much else a QB might want.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because, they haven't.

It's starting to look like this may turn into a Kawhi vs. the Spurs deal. Apparently, AB is trying to use his ankle to make the Bucs pay him and the Bucs are trying to use it to not pay him. Apparently AB has gone to a doctor from outside the Bucs organization.

Problem for AB is that he doesn't have that "capitol/resume" that Kawhi had.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's starting to look like this may turn into a Kawhi vs. the Spurs deal. Apparently, AB is trying to use his ankle to make the Bucs pay him and the Bucs are trying to use it to not pay him. Apparently AB has gone to a doctor from outside the Bucs organization.

Problem for AB is that he doesn't have that "capitol/resume" that Kawhi had.
Exactly.

And he was jumping around acting like a fool as he left the field.....doesn't give much credence to "I'm hurt y'all."

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And despite what Mike Florio said after the game about how teams may still be interested him......I don't think many teams will be interested based on his past history with teams.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And despite what Mike Florio said after the game about how teams may still be interested him......I don't think many teams will be interested based on his past history with teams.
In the past two/three years, he's burnt bridges with the Steelers, Patriots, Raiders and Bucs. The former two are seen as "Class Act" franchises. Some teams are not going to take on that headache...a desperate team for lack of depth at WR may do so. But, if Arians and Bellichick couldn't keep AB from being his own worst enemy, I doubt other coaches would do attempt to do the impossible.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree in most cases but guys like Garrett and Watt are untouchable imo. Especially how young they are. I mean we are talking about future HOFrs. If this was his second contract 4 years down the road then I could agree.

Yeah, age and contract could make players like them more available, but not likely with those two now. Of course, if either were to draft a replacement in the first round and needed to offload salary, that again could loosen things up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're absolutely right. I think it's the wife who's more influencing NY than Russ. Having said that, move to NY after your playing career is over. He has what, maybe 5 years left in his career? Afterwards, follow her ass around. Russ is still a prime QB and should dictate where they go.

If Russ was complaining about personnel decisions in Seattle, just wait until NY. Is it worth living there if you have a worst OL situation than you have in Seattle?

And like you said, throw a top 10 QB on Cleveland right now, you have a team at minimum that will contend for the AFC and make things interesting. They're that solid outside of QB.

Really good point about Wilson's issues with personnel decisions in Seattle compared to what he'd have to deal with in NY. Going to the Giants would be a step backwards compared to Seattle.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They'll get to NY then Ciara will divorce Russell and start dating some dude from Broadway.

But all jokes aside if he's putting family before anything else I won't bash him for it. Family should always come first.