• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would have been reported already by those with inside info if that was the case. PFT, Schefty, Rapoport, Glazer, or etc
Not necessarily if there was an agreement that he gets paid

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in your opinion

In lots of opinions. No one but you and tlance back AB on this. I havent heard any talk show host or any former player back AB. Havent seen where even 1 current or former teammate has backed him.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's only 50-60 people who know the truth and they're not going to talk.
The guy quit on his team, I mean even Jalen Rose called him a quitter. That’s pretty bad when you get turned on by Jalen Rose. The Bucs are being nice by paying him for another gane I expect.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In lots of opinions. No one but you and tlance back AB on this. I havent heard any talk show host or any former player back AB. Havent seen where even 1 current or former teammate has backed him.

Yet to see a current teammate speak out against him as well. That tells me a lot.

Whatever the truth is they know it and are staying quiet because they have a superbowl to try and win starting next weekend. No need for any additional drama

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy quit on his team, I mean even Jalen Rose called him a quitter. That’s pretty bad when you get turned on by Jalen Rose. The Bucs are being nice by paying him for another gane I expect.

lol he was told to get out and that's what he did. Should have walked to the locker room without the extra stuff. I'll ask you another real world situation. Something happens at your job that leads to your manager telling you to get our or go home. Are you going to ignore him/her and keep working or will you go home?

They're not doing him any favors. They scared he going to sign with another team and destroy that shitty secondary in the playoffs. Quit lying to yourself about why he is still on the team.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet to see a current teammate speak out against him as well. That tells me a lot.

Whatever the truth is they know it and are staying quiet because they have a superbowl to try and win starting next weekend. No need for any additional drama

lol

They dont typically criticize a teammate. They either defend him or they dont comment. So yeah, it does say a lot.

Former teammates dont have a Super Bowl to win.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

They dont typically criticize a teammate. They either defend him or they dont comment. So yeah, it does say a lot.

Defending him in this case would make their coach look bad so staying quiet is the best course of action. Now in the spring when some players moved on to different teams is when we will hear the real....whatever that may be

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol he was told to get out and that's what he did. Should have walked to the locker room without the extra stuff. I'll ask you another real world situation. Something happens at your job that leads to your manager telling you to get our or go home. Are you going to ignore him/her and keep working or will you go home?

They're not doing him any favors. They scared he going to sign with another team and destroy that shitty secondary in the playoffs. Quit lying to yourself about why he is still on the team.
Lmao, I assure you I’m the farthest thing from a Bucs fan. Sorry but if what you are saying was even close to true it’s all over the tv at the moment. No one gets a pass now days, no one.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Mayfield for getting surgery as soon as possible. It’s a shame Michael Thomas didn’t do what he should have done in the off-season to get on the field this year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Mayfield for getting surgery as soon as possible. It’s a shame Michael Thomas didn’t do what he should have done in the off-season to get on the field this year.

Would have been nice

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he wanting out of New Orleans or what? Thst whole situation made no sense.

It been damn near completely silent since they said he was out for the season but I would love to have him back but won't be surprised if he is gone. Seems like him and SP got back on the same page though which is a step in the right direction

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

No they wont

So….

Let’s just say hypothetically that AB has a stress fracture.

And that AB was telling the training staff that he was hurt and can’t go back in.

But Arians told him to go back in anyway. And then got pissy and told AB to leave when AB said no.

Are you for real that would not make Arians look bad?

Or are you just team “no way AB is hurt because he was jumping around”?

And @bksballer89 and I aren’t saying Brown was right in how he acted.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So….

Let’s just say hypothetically that AB has a stress fracture.

And that AB was telling the training staff that he was hurt and can’t go back in.

But Arians told him to go back in anyway. And then got pissy and told AB to leave when AB said no.

Are you for real that would not make Arians look bad?

Or are you just team “no way AB is hurt because he was jumping around”?

And @bksballer89 and I aren’t saying Brown was right in how he acted.

lol

Instead of hypotheticals, how about the real world where Arians has already said that AB never mentioned his ankle, others have said he never mentioned it and he looked anything but injured when he was jumping and skipping off the field.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Instead of hypotheticals, how about the real world where Arians has already said that AB never mentioned his ankle, others have said he never mentioned it and he looked anything but injured when he was jumping and skipping off the field.

Who are these others? Not a single bucs player or another coach addressed this and those are the only ppl who would know

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to believe Arians side that is cool. We don't have to agree but yeah im going to side with the guy who been dealing with an ankle injury for over 2 months and didn't practice leading up to the game with that same ankle injury. Also, just because you don't look injured doesn't mean you are not hurt. Jimmy Butler turned his ankle on Monday. Video of him walking fine yesterday but he is out for the game tonight and likely the game in Saturday. Are we expecting players in a wheelchair when they have a leg/ankle injury?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Yeah, I don’t know what you are reading, but I have not seen any evidence of that beyond Arians claim.

Going to wait to see what comes out in the coming days.

If AB didn’t mention the injury, then yeah. It is all on him. That may not be the case.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to believe Arians side that is cool. We don't have to agree but yeah im going to side with the guy who been dealing with an ankle injury for over 2 months and didn't practice leading up to the game with that same ankle injury. Also, just because you don't look injured doesn't mean you are not hurt. Jimmy Butler turned his ankle on Monday. Video of him walking fine yesterday but he is out for the game tonight and likely the game in Saturday. Are we expecting players in a wheelchair when they have a leg/ankle injury?

Paul Pierce would say yes. Always use a wheelchair for an ankle tweak.