• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure you heard his comments but sure does not sound like a guy who wants to be here. Said something like "I'll talk to family and agent and figure out what to do".....not coaches, doctors, etc.

Fuck him then. He badmouthed the fans. His wife went to social media and called out the team. If the GM can work some kinda trade in the off season get him outta Cleveland.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn

I see his side to a degree. Dude fully embraced a city not loved by many. Has played hurt all year. Got injured hustling back on a pick.

But

Played like absolute trash the last half of the year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck him then. He badmouthed the fans. His wife went to social media and called out the team. If the GM can work some kinda trade in the off season get him outta Cleveland.
I mean, he badmouthed the fans who deserved to be badmouthed. Kind of dumb to scream when your offense has the ball. If he's playing well, his wife can call out each player by name for all I care.

If they have a better option he'll be gone. If not he wont.

Seems like very worst case is he's back, hopefully healthy, having to prove himself one more time. Not bad for worst case.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn

I see his side to a degree. Dude fully embraced a city not loved by many. Has played hurt all year. Got injured hustling back on a pick.

But

Now don't do that....must either be a fanboy or harsh critic. No in between.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure you heard his comments but sure does not sound like a guy who wants to be here. Said something like "I'll talk to family and agent and figure out what to do".....not coaches, doctors, etc.
That’s just the new way, I wouldn’t read anything into it

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure you said Myles is untouchable and someone mentioned TJ was as well. If either team thinks they need a QB they'd trade their star DEs for that QB and not look back. Throw in picks, as well. steelers for sure would do it.

All I'm saying.
Well NOBODY is truly untouchable in unrealitic mode but if we are talking unrealistic trades like Burrow and Herbert of course they would in include him but not even close to the RW possibility, which imo is still pretty unrealisitic from both sides

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An elite edge rusher might be the 2nd most important position in modern NFL.

But it still pales in comparison to the value of a young, high end franchise QB.

Only way a player like that gets traded is if they pull a DeSean Watson and says he isn’t playing for the team anymore.

Even then it isn’t a lock to happen.

If Pittsburgh offered Watt + 3 1sts for Burrow, Cincy would surely hang up the phone on them.
But we were talking about somewhat realistic options. Burrow and Herbert are extremely unrealistic, in that world nobody is untouchable. So that really isn’t the same case and we are also talking about the Browns. RW really isn’t realistic imo so yes, in a realistic world Garrett is untouchable barring some crazy shit. There is a difference

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn

But

Yep but I also have to look at the big picture too. His decision-making is very questionable

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the death threats have his wife pretty shook up.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we were talking about somewhat realistic options. Burrow and Herbert are extremely unrealistic, in that world nobody is untouchable. So that really isn’t the same case and we are also talking about the Browns. RW really isn’t realistic imo so yes, in a realistic world Garrett is untouchable barring some crazy shit. There is a difference

Well, I don’t totally agree.

Garret and Watt aren’t truly untouchable.

Herbert and Burrow actually are untouchable.

There are a very small number of players in both the NFL and NBA.

In the NFL, a star QB on a rookie contract has unfathomable value. There is just no possible way to match it in a deal short of trading Herbert and Burrow for each other, which makes about 0 sense.

In the NBA, a budding superstar on a rookie contract is also untradeable. Just totally impossible to find anything close to equal value in a deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3