• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing a complete hypothetical as not even sure seattle wants $43 mil in salary back (unless they love Baker).

If I think Russ is a huge upgrade and he'll play minimum 4-5 years at a high level I'm at least considering it. Might ask for Metcalf in the deal.

You think the Seahawks would trade Russ and Metcalf for Baker, Myles and a pick?

Good luck with that.

I think realistically the deal would probably look a lot like the Stafford trade last summer if it were to happen.

It won’t though. Doesn’t sound like Russ wants to play in Cleveland.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I said I'd consider (unlike others who say no way) I'd at least be worried they didn't sniff a SB and the O seemed to regress....and that was with Metcalf/Lockett. True, he'd have better run game and assume line here (if Conklin stays and is healthy).

I think the issue in Seattle is much more about the pieces around Wilson than Wilson himself.

They still want to use the old formula of running game and defense to keep it close and then Wilson seals it or brings them back to win in the 4th quarter. The problem is, they are in a division with more modern offenses. So they have a harder time keeping the games closer now and when they do, they don't have the pieces around him to turn those games into win.

Part of what intrigues me about the Browns, especially with Wilson, is that they are probably built the closest to those old Seahawks teams with a strong running game and strong defense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I said I'd consider (unlike others who say no way) I'd at least be worried they didn't sniff a SB and the O seemed to regress....and that was with Metcalf/Lockett. True, he'd have better run game and assume line here (if Conklin stays and is healthy).
Not saying RW can't be damn good with mediocre weapons but the Browns need to improve their WR core for any QB...it's just a logjam of mediocre guys imo. We saw it can work and they can make the playoffs but they just need more reliable weapons.

An offseason plan I would like to see:
1st round pick - draft a WR (Wilson, Williams, Burks, Olave)
Cut/Trade - Hooper, Tretter, Landry (maybe)
Sign Njoku to a good deal
Sign a FA WR and a DT - WR - Mike Williams, Allen Robinson, Chark or best fit.
Extend Ward
QB - Go one year with Baker (if an option) or sign-and-trade and work out a deal for another QB. Hard to say at this point what a trade would look like or who are the options.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shouldn't be in. Imo, in the NFL, no one but an elite QB should be untouchable.
I agree in most cases but guys like Garrett and Watt are untouchable imo. Especially how young they are. I mean we are talking about future HOFrs. If this was his second contract 4 years down the road then I could agree.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree in most cases but guys like Garrett and Watt are untouchable imo. Especially how young they are. I mean we are talking about future HOFrs. If this was his second contract 4 years down the road then I could agree.

While an elite DE/LB can have huge impact on the occasional game, elite QB's can mean the difference between a deep playoff run and not making the playoffs. Individual defensive players don't do that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the Seahawks would trade Russ and Metcalf for Baker, Myles and a pick?

Good luck with that.

I think realistically the deal would probably look a lot like the Stafford trade last summer if it were to happen.

It won’t though. Doesn’t sound like Russ wants to play in Cleveland.
This is a hypothetical and in mine I don't think Seattle makes the proposed deal unless they love Baker. IF they did, sure, they'd include DK in a deal they get back a QB they love, an elite DE and a 1st rounder.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying RW can't be damn good with mediocre weapons but the Browns need to improve their WR core for any QB...it's just a logjam of mediocre guys imo. We saw it can work and they can make the playoffs but they just need more reliable weapons.

An offseason plan I would like to see:
1st round pick - draft a WR (Wilson, Williams, Burks, Olave)
Cut/Trade - Hooper, Tretter, Landry (maybe)
Sign Njoku to a good deal
Sign a FA WR and a DT - WR - Mike Williams, Allen Robinson, Chark or best fit.
Extend Ward
QB - Go one year with Baker (if an option) or sign-and-trade and work out a deal for another QB. Hard to say at this point what a trade would look like or who are the options.
Pretty sure a huge cap hit to dump Hooper otherwise no-brainer to cut him........Tretter could go but only if they believe in Harris. I think Landry is gone (near sure thing)

Agree on Njoku.....and WR (figure round 1 or 2 AND in FA)

Are their sign/trades in NFL?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns - underachievers, painful to watch, unlikable
Cavs - overachievers, a joy to watch, likable

Just like Cleveland fans expected, right?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
steelers are offered Burrow or Herbert for Watt I'm confident in saying Watt is gone....along with a 1st rounder.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a hypothetical and in mine I don't think Seattle makes the proposed deal unless they love Baker. IF they did, sure, they'd include DK in a deal they get back a QB they love, an elite DE and a 1st rounder.

I mean, I guess?

But that is a really big if.

No logical reason to think Seattle would love Baker.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think that is a lot more about the Legion of Boom than it is about Russ.

The Seahawks were at their very best before Wilson was at his best. They were a bad play call away from winning back to back Super Bowls.

Since then, they have gotten older and lost a lot of the dynamic playmakers on defense that made the team special.
This was Seattle in a nutshell. Credit to Pete Carrol for putting that defense together, plus Russ was outplaying his contract, it was perfect timing. That interception will haunt them as you mentioned, they could've had back-to-back SBs.

But once Russ's second contract hit, and the LOB got older, Pete wasn't able to reload properly. Couple that with Seattle never getting their OL right, this is why you saw their playoff record dip.

I don't think it's on his wife why his playoff record went down; it just happens to run parallel with the fact that RW's contract started to hit which ate up the salary cap compared to what his contract was their SB year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While an elite DE/LB can have huge impact on the occasional game, elite QB's can mean the difference between a deep playoff run and not making the playoffs. Individual defensive players don't do that.
I will say I thought RW was older than 33 so that does make a difference. Adding in the picks and that is a lot of risk if there are other options out there. Add in the fact a lot of things like does RW want to be in CLE long-term/retire, do they have weapons now for him to succeed, coaching and scheme, etc.
So in the right circumstance yes you are right but for the Browns right now. No way. I don’t trust Stefanski enough but that could just be me.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
steelers are offered Burrow or Herbert for Watt I'm confident in saying Watt is gone....along with a 1st rounder.
RW is 33. Burrow/Herbert 24-25. A huge difference but that isn’t even mentioning all the things I stated in the post above. A lot of factors so it isn’t as clear as a yes or no. Plus Baker would have to agree long-term in Seattle

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure a huge cap hit to dump Hooper otherwise no-brainer to cut him........Tretter could go but only if they believe in Harris. I think Landry is gone (near sure thing)

I think Landry could stay if he restructures. Much like I said his first year...he isn't a 1. But he's a solid 2.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Landry could stay if he restructures. Much like I said his first year...he isn't a 1. But he's a solid 2.
Landry is one guy I think could stay especially if they make a move at QB.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think they believe in Harris but they can find options. Just thinking of possible guys to clear some more cap space. Hooper can't until '22 that's right. Too bad, he isn't very good imo. Yeah pretty sure but I guess pretty rare.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say I thought RW was older than 33 so that does make a difference. Adding in the picks and that is a lot of risk if there are other options out there. Add in the fact a lot of things like does RW want to be in CLE long-term/retire, do they have weapons now for him to succeed, coaching and scheme, etc.
So in the right circumstance yes you are right

Oh yeah, the reason for the Browns to do it, would be to win right now. The Browns have the roster to win right now, whether or not they have the QB is the question. It's kind of hard to know with him because between injuries and a coaching carousel, there hasn't been the consistency to help him develop. The problem the Browns have is that it's about time to pay him, they still don't know what he is and it looks like the local media and fans are starting to turn on him.

As far as RW wanting to go to Cleveland, they're not on his list, but if I'm the Browns and am considering moving on from Baker...I think I at least contact his agent and try to make a pitch to him. The answer is probably still no, but at least they would have made him tell them no instead of just assuming it's a no.

I don’t trust Stefanski enough but that could just be me.

I don't think it's just you...today is the first time I have seen folks on the talk shows starting to question if he's the right guy or not.