• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know what yer somkin'. If it's an indica I want some.

To answer your question. HELL NO. Not Garrett. But Mayfield, a 1st rounder and any player not named Myles hell yeah.

Last I heard he doesn't want to play in Cleveland. But he'd play for the Giants. The Giants over the Browns? Odd. He'd have a better chance getting another ring in Cleveland. Browns have the better roster.

Fuck no

Myles?

Even though that roster (even without Garrett), with Wilson at QB, stands a very good chance at getting you to the Super Bowl?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I heard he doesn't want to play in Cleveland. But he'd play for the Giants. The Giants over the Browns? Odd. He'd have a better chance getting another ring in Cleveland. Browns have the better roster.

My guess is that is more about his wife than him. I don't know if he has a no trade clause or not...if he doesn't then it may not be his choice. I'm sure the Seahawks would try to accommodate him and send him where he wants to go, but end of the day, they have to do what's best for their organization.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To answer your question. HELL NO. Not Garrett. But Mayfield, a 1st rounder and any player not named Myles hell yeah.

That Giants rumor is probably generated by Ciara's people.

Edit: Sniped!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns fans...

You can get 33 year old Russell Wilson to be your QB..but the cost is Baker (26), Myles Garrett (26) and1st round pick...Do you pull the trigger?

@WiggyRuss @dtgold88 @Wamu @Stakesarehigh

Would Seattle want Baker? They would be stuck with that same decision as to whether or not to pay him, and a lesser version of Russell isn't going to get Seattle anywhere. I'm guessing they want at least 3 picks, maybe 2 1sts and a 2nd?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon. You guys don't want Garrett that bad. Tell ya what, we'll give you Neiman n and a half eaten hot dog for him...:heh:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Seattle want Baker? They would be stuck with that same decision as to whether or not to pay him, and a lesser version of Russell isn't going to get Seattle anywhere. I'm guessing they want at least 3 picks, maybe 2 1sts and a 2nd?

True and they may not. Personally, I've kind of looked at Mayfield as a poor mans Wilson. Imo, if they trade Wilson (which seems likely unless they move Pete to the FO or he retires) they will be looking to at least re-tool and can look at signing him to a shorter deal to see if the issue is that Baker just sucks or that he just needed a new situation.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True and they may not. Personally, I've kind of looked at Mayfield as a poor mans Wilson. Imo, if they trade Wilson (which seems likely unless they move Pete to the FO or he retires) they will be looking to at least re-tool and can look at signing him to a shorter deal to se if the issue is that Baker sucks or that he just needed a new situation.

That would all depend on what Baker is expecting from his next contract. I doubt he's aiming low, despite his struggles this year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that is more about his wife than him. I don't know if he has a no trade clause or not...if he doesn't then it may not be his choice. I'm sure the Seahawks would try to accommodate him and send him where he wants to go, but end of the day, they have to do what's best for their organization.

From dawg-pounddaily-.com

Don't expect Cleveland Browns to get in on Russell Wilson sweepstakes

Wilson has a no-trade clause and there's only three teams he's willing to play for- Giants, Saints, Broncos.

It's no secret N.Y. is his top choice. Browns aren't a 2nd or 3rd option.

I think you hit the nail on the head about it being more about his wife. If that's the case N.Y. makes alotta sense.

Wilson got married in 2016. Some interesting numbers. Playoff record before marriage: 7-3 (2012-15) / playoff record after marriage: 2-4 (2016-2020)

She might have his foot-balls in a glass jar.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would all depend on what Baker is expecting from his next contract. I doubt he's aiming low, despite his struggles this year.

That's why I say a shorter term deal. He'll still get a big contract, but for shorter years. I think Dallas did something similar with Dak before they finally signed him long term.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wilson has a no-trade clause and there's only three teams he's willing to play for- Giants, Saints, Broncos.

I think you hit the nail on the head about it being more about his wife. If that's the case N.Y. makes alotta sense.

Wilson got married in 2016. Some interesting numbers. Playoff record before marriage: 7-3 (2012-15) / playoff record after marriage: 2-4 (2016-2020)

Yeah, sometimes a player, especially when they get into their 30's, will give more weight to where their family wants to be, especially if they are looking at it as potentially their last place they will play. In Wilsons case, Ciara kind of gave up her career. So they may want to be where she can try to get back into it.

His record since getting married has more to do with the Seahawks not changing along with the rest of the NFL and letting their o-line go to shit.

If memory serves, based on what was reported, at least part of why Lebron chose LA was because his family wanted LA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I think that is a lot more about the Legion of Boom than it is about Russ.

The Seahawks were at their very best before Wilson was at his best. They were a bad play call away from winning back to back Super Bowls.

Since then, they have gotten older and lost a lot of the dynamic playmakers on defense that made the team special.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think that is a lot more about the Legion of Boom than it is about Russ.

The Seahawks were at their very best before Wilson was at his best. They were a bad play call away from winning back to back Super Bowls.

Since then, they have gotten older and lost a lot of the dynamic playmakers on defense that made the team special.

The Seahawks formula was run the ball, play defense and in the 4th quarter of close games...Russell save us.

That worked great when they had Beast Mode running the ball and the Legion of Boom defending. Not so much with what they've had the past several years.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, sometimes a player, especially when they get into their 30's, will give more weight to where their family wants to be, especially if they are looking at it as potentially their last place they will play. In Wilsons case, Ciara kind of gave up her career. So they may want to be where she can try to get back into it.

His record since getting married has more to do with the Seahawks not changing along with the rest of the NFL and letting their o-line go to shit.

If memory serves, based on what was reported, at least part of why Lebron chose LA was because his family wanted LA.

Truth be told I have no idea who his wife is. Is she a singer? If she is I couldn't name one of her songs.

But family should always come first. Wilson already has a HOF resume.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most QB's are only as good as the talent around them. Very few exceptions to that rule. TB12 & AR12 are the only two QB's I can think of that can take nothing and make something out if it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told I have no idea who his wife is. Is she a singer? If she is I couldn't name one of her songs.

But family should always come first. Wilson already has a HOF resume.

Yeah, she's a singer. She's been nominated for an American Music Award a couple of times for favorite female Soul/R&B singer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns fans...

You can get 33 year old Russell Wilson to be your QB..but the cost is Baker (26), Myles Garrett (26) and1st round pick...Do you pull the trigger?

@WiggyRuss @dtgold88 @Wamu @Stakesarehigh
Guessing a complete hypothetical as not even sure seattle wants $43 mil in salary back (unless they love Baker).

If I think Russ is a huge upgrade and he'll play minimum 4-5 years at a high level I'm at least considering it. Might ask for Metcalf in the deal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though that roster (even without Garrett), with Wilson at QB, stands a very good chance at getting you to the Super Bowl?
Even though I said I'd consider (unlike others who say no way) I'd at least be worried they didn't sniff a SB and the O seemed to regress....and that was with Metcalf/Lockett. True, he'd have better run game and assume line here (if Conklin stays and is healthy).