• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arians tried twice to get him to go in. He refused, so Arians said get out and AB did what he did. This is on AB. I don't care what issues he's having. He needs to be an adult and get the help he needs himself.

This is a culmination of all of the bullshit he's done and the shitty way he has treated people for several years now. He has no "chances" left.

The public spectacle wasn’t good for Arians or for the Bucs.

He could have easily avoided it by keeping his cool and releasing AB after the game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arians tried twice to get him to go in. He refused, so Arians said get out and AB did what he did. This is on AB. I don't care what issues he's having. He needs to be an adult and get the help he needs himself.

This is a culmination of all of the bullshit he's done and the shitty way he has treated people for several years now. He has no "chances" left.
Guess it's a matter of looking at his whole"body of work" so to speak. And truth to tell, he has burned a lotta bridges over the course of his career...

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question AB's "injury". Supposedly, he said he had a sore ankle. He wasn't limping and his ankle sure didn't look sore when he was jumping up and down in the end zone and waving to the crowd on his way off the field.
This.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but I can’t help but laugh at this. Arians knows what he is doing and is not about to do anything to hurt the team. Maybe this was the last straw, either way he did his job, a job he earned with a lot of work over a lot of years.

Yes, Arians is a good coach.

But, do you honestly believe that telling AB to leave the sidelines was anything other than an emotional response from Arians?

As wrong as AB is, and he is wrong, Arians is wrong in the way he handled it also.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he “mentally felt like his ankle wasn’t right”.

AB is wrong for sure.

But Arians is too.

Telling somebody to play when they claim to be hurt is the wrong move on many levels.

Play the backups who are mentally ready, try to win the game and then place AB on IR or cut him later if you feel like he is lying.

Challenging an unstable guy like AB in the way Arians did is never going to end well.

Also he had ankle injuries all season and was on the injury report

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never say never (coughJoshGordoncough). Even largely useless WRs still get rostered if they did something impressive a decade ago.

Josh Gordon's situation was a little different...but yeah, if someone feels like he can help, he probably gets another chance. Hopefully he gets his shit together first.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know about next week. I had read in the lead up that yesterday was the only game guaranteed and that there was a possibility that TB starters would possibly sit or only play a half next week. That’s why myself and so many others were all over his prop bets yesterday. Dude was looking at 1 million total in 3 bonuses for something like 8 catches, 70 more receiving yards and a TD. I mean the real reason is because this cat is unstable. I’m one of those guys who buys into the CTE theory. There may have already been some issues with brain chemistry for AB and concussions may have made those issues worse. Overall, just a sad tale. Dude has so much natural talent and ability and he’s made a mess of what was trending to be a hall of fame career as one of the best WRs of his generation.
It's not CTE. AB's had behavioral issues for years before he even played college ball. That's the reason he got kicked out of his home at such a young age.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess it's a matter of looking at his whole"body of work" so to speak. And truth to tell, he has burned a lotta bridges over the course of his career...

Exactly...anyone who thinks this is just about this one incident is fooling themselves. This is the same dumbass that ended up getting suspended earlier this season for using a fake vaccination card and was ratted out by his personal chef because AB refused to pay him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, so that was the reason for the tit for he threw. Still, all that carrying on was unnecessary...
AB seemed to get off the field just fine with that "sore" ankle.

Sorry, that guy has a history of being a shit head. I'm Team Not AB.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The public spectacle wasn’t good for Arians or for the Bucs.

He could have easily avoided it by keeping his cool and releasing AB after the game.

The only public spectacle was AB. Not Arians. This looks bad on AB and only AB. I have yet to see any talk show hosts or former players criticize anyone but AB on this.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question AB's "injury". Supposedly, he said he had a sore ankle. He wasn't limping and his ankle sure didn't look sore when he was jumping up and down in the end zone and waving to the crowd on his way off the field.
Ding ding ding

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly...anyone who thinks this is just about this one incident is fooling themselves. This is the same dumbass that ended up getting suspended earlier this season for using a fake vaccination card and was ratted out by his personal chef because AB refused to pay him.

Sure, but yesterday's outburst was about yesterday's situation. Old shit is just old shit. He's obviously a whackadoodle, and Arians knew that too.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he “mentally felt like his ankle wasn’t right”.

AB is wrong for sure.

But Arians is too.

Telling somebody to play when they claim to be hurt is the wrong move on many levels.

Play the backups who are mentally ready, try to win the game and then place AB on IR or cut him later if you feel like he is lying.

Challenging an unstable guy like AB in the way Arians did is never going to end well.
I see that more of a coach calling a player out on his bullshit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ding ding ding

I'm guessing any stress on his ankle would've been more likely aggravated by planting and cutting. If he was having issues with even running and jumping, he wouldn't have been active in the first place.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB seemed to get off the field just fine with that "sore" ankle.

Sorry, that guy has a history of being a shit head. I'm Team Not AB.

He had ankle injuries for almost 2 months. Does ankle injury mean you can't walk or jog? Im sure he would fake an ankle injury and miss out on some money waiting for him. Totally makes sense

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but yesterday's outburst was about yesterday's situation. Old shit is just old shit. He's obviously a whackadoodle, and Arians knew that too.

If you think that's true...you aren't in the real world. This is about all of the shit he's been pulling. When the Bucs signed him, they said if pulled any bullshit, he was out. They gave him a second chance after the vaccination card thing and then he pulls this shit.

He got what he deserved. His bed, he sleeps in it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only public spectacle was AB. Not Arians. This looks bad on AB and only AB. I have yet to see any talk show hosts or former players criticize anyone but AB on this.

The public spectacle was AB.

You think the public spectacle happens if Arians just ignores him on the bench instead of telling him to leave?

AB is crazy. If you back crazy in to a corner, you get a crazy response.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Arians is a good coach.

But, do you honestly believe that telling AB to leave the sidelines was anything other than an emotional response from Arians?

As wrong as AB is, and he is wrong, Arians is wrong in the way he handled it also.
Sorry but sometimes the benefit of the doubt is deserved, all the evidence over a number of years says this is one of those cases. In fact I would wager they are being incredibly nice to Brown by not coming right out with the whole story.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that more of a coach calling a player out on his bullshit.
The guy was out nearly 2 months due to this ankle injury and missed practice this week due to it as well but let's assume someone who was out most of the year with this same injury was faking it.