• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that AB’s ankle was sore and he wanted out of the game.

Arians wanted him to go back in and he said no.

That was when the meltdown started.

This sounds more accurate

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst of it is that Culpepper was coming off of a knee injury that he never fully recovered from and ended up getting benched.

Holy crap. That makes it even worse for the Dolphins.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did it to themselves, had plenty of opportunities
Yes, but this notion we need to not rely on other teams and shouldn't be in that situation is a little misleading in a way. It's true, but guess what....if we win out (and Cincy will be trying to get 1 or 2 seed in our game) then Cincy needed other teams' help to win the division. Those other teams were GB, LAC, Pitt, Bmore. etc.

We did have some issues this year, no doubt. QB, coaching, etc. It sucks and does us no good for this year, of course, but IF we finish 1 game behind Cincy, having swept them with a tougher schedule, are we that far behind them? Thinking we have a better D and a stud WR could easily close the gap....and next year we should have a slightly easier schedule. I do hope we win next 2 and want to see us play hard, but if losses mean last place schedule it wont bother me much if we don't.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers, Chiefs, and Green Bay. With how those games were played, they should have went 2-1 at least
and LV, Steelers, Bmore.

Of those 6, I thought most winnable were probably Steelers, LV and LAC.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChiefsLakers67 forgot to ask you, why didn't the Chiefs just let Cincy score when it was under 2 to go and they were at the 2 or 3? Chiefs had 2 timeouts. Let them score there and now Mahomes get the ball with probably 145ish and 2 timeouts
was thinking that at one point, but, I mean, they had them stopped so if not for penalty game goes to OT.

Needed to make sure the DBs all knew a penalty on them was far worse than giving up a TD.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, I thought the same. It's hardly the only way we screwed up today, though....

Hoping they learn from this...
KC did nothing wrong. Browns needed them to win. They never stood a chance. In fact, they became the Browns on the 3rd and 27 and the penalty in the EZ for good measure.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m gonna need a Browns report from you guys at some point today. With them being eliminated does that change who plays tonight? Will they sit Mayfield and get him started for surgery on the shoulder early? I expect the Steelers to be all geeked up tonight with Ben’s last home game. At the same time, the Steelers blow, the Browns have division revenge going, and the Browns are the better team. Let me know what you guys are hearing.
Been saying all year Baker cannot make injury worse by playing....and I suspect they want 2 more games of film on him to evaluate. I'd be shocked if they didn't play the regulars who were cleared to play.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, that changes things a lot.

AB didn’t handle it well, but this is on Arians.

If a player says he is hurt and not ready to play, it is the coach’s responsibility to respect the player in that moment.

Sounds like Arians told him to leave, and he did.

AB is an ass, but he shouldn’t be catching all the Heat for this. Trying to force a player into the game when they aren’t right is awful.
I don’t believe this for a second. Arians seems to be about as standup of a guy as there is out there and Brady would not be so quick to jyst say he’s not on our team anymore if there was an inkling of truth to any of that.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, that changes things a lot.

AB didn’t handle it well, but this is on Arians.

If a player says he is hurt and not ready to play, it is the coach’s responsibility to respect the player in that moment.

Sounds like Arians told him to leave, and he did.

AB is an ass, but he shouldn’t be catching all the Heat for this. Trying to force a player into the game when they aren’t right is awful.
Ah, so that was the reason for the tit for he threw. Still, all that carrying on was unnecessary...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question AB's "injury". Supposedly, he said he had a sore ankle. He wasn't limping and his ankle sure didn't look sore when he was jumping up and down in the end zone and waving to the crowd on his way off the field.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question AB's "injury". Supposedly, he said he had a sore ankle. He wasn't limping and his ankle sure didn't look sore when he was jumping up and down in the end zone and waving to the crowd on his way off the field.
I can’t believe anyone is giving any credibility whatsoever to that crap. Come on people, the NFLPA would be all over this if true. Jeez.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t believe anyone is giving any credibility whatsoever to that crap. Come on people, the NFLPA would be all over this if true. Jeez.

He can’t even be officially released until 4.

They surely will be involved. Expect a grievance soon.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can’t even be officially released until 4.

They surely will be involved. Expect a grievance soon.
Yeah ok, I’d bet against it heavily

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I have more than my fair share of experience with sprained ankles. If his ankle hurt bad enough to keep him from playing, he's not jumping and skipping through the end zone like that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He said he “mentally felt like his ankle wasn’t right”.

AB is wrong for sure.

But Arians is too.

Telling somebody to play when they claim to be hurt is the wrong move on many levels.

Play the backups who are mentally ready, try to win the game and then place AB on IR or cut him later if you feel like he is lying.

Challenging an unstable guy like AB in the way Arians did is never going to end well.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AB is wrong for sure.

But Arians is too.

Telling somebody to play when they claim to be hurt is the wrong move on many levels.

Play the backups who are mentally ready, try to win the game and then place AB on IR or cut him later if you feel like he is lying.

Challenging an unstable guy like AB in the way Arians did is never going to end well.
Sorry but I can’t help but laugh at this. Arians knows what he is doing and is not about to do anything to hurt the team. Maybe this was the last straw, either way he did his job, a job he earned with a lot of work over a lot of years.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AB is wrong for sure.

But Arians is too.

Arians tried twice to get him to go in. He refused, so Arians said get out and AB did what he did. This is on AB. I don't care what issues he's having. He needs to be an adult and get the help he needs himself.

This is a culmination of all of the bullshit he's done and the shitty way he has treated people for several years now. He has no "chances" left.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arians tried twice to get him to go in. He refused, so Arians said get out and AB did what he did. This is on AB. I don't care what issues he's having. He needs to be an adult and get the help he needs himself.

This is a culmination of all of the bullshit he's done and the shitty way he has treated people for several years now. He has no "chances" left.

Never say never (coughJoshGordoncough). Even largely useless WRs still get rostered if they did something impressive a decade ago.