• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChiefsLakers67

Holy shit 600 yards of total offense in the K.C./Cincy game and it's only the 3rd?

Dammit wish that game was on out here.

Go Chiefs!

skyline chili sucks!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He is playing his “we don’t know for sure because…” game to create an argument.

Things I'm sure of...

-the sun rises in the E and sets in the W

-the Pacific Ocean's full of salt water

and

-Nick Saban's NFL record has nothing to do with his unmatched CFB coaching greatness

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we are.

And Saban is arguably the GOAT coach in college football.

His track record is proof of that.

Not sure what you are trying to do here, but it is really lame.
I'm offering my opinion. You are getting bent out of shape as you do when someone does not share your opinion.

Never even said he's not the GOAT coach in CFB. Just said it's more due to his elite recruiting as opposed to on field coaching.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He is playing his “we don’t know for sure because…” game to create an argument.
I think it's you playing your "you better agree 100% with what I say or I'm going to have a meltdown" schtick.

Only area I said we don't know for sure here was he gets them more ready for the NFL than the rest.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I'm sure of...

-the sun rises in the E and sets in the W

-the Pacific Ocean's full of salt water

and

-Nick Saban's NFL record has nothing to do with his unmatched CFB coaching greatness

Heard something interesting awhile back. Saban was going into his 2nd season, the Dolphins were expected to make the playoffs and Drew Brees was available. Apparently, Saban wanted him, but the Dolphins FO decided to sign Daunte Culpepper instead.

I wonder what college football, and for that matter, the NFL would have looked like if the Dolphins had listened to him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm offering my opinion. You are getting bent out of shape as you do when someone does not share your opinion.

Never even said he's not the GOAT coach in CFB. Just said it's more due to his elite recruiting as opposed to on field coaching.

The on the field coaching is why he gets the recruits he gets. They go hand in hand. Top players who go to Alabama know that if they go there, they are likely to get to play for at least 1 NC and have a very good chance of making to the NFL because they know that they will be coached in a way that will help them get there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The on the field coaching is why he gets the recruits he gets. Top players who go to Alabama know that if they go there, they are likely to get to play for at least 1 NC and have a very good chance of making to the NFL because they know that they will be coached in a way that will help them get there.
Yet MSU and LSU were better after he left?

No doubt the guy has done an exceptional job there and been able to get a number of the best players.....and he gets the credit in turning that program around as if he never won that first one he wouldn't be where he is today.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard something interesting awhile back. Saban was going into his 2nd season, the Dolphins were expected to make the playoffs and Drew Brees was available. Apparently, Saban wanted him, but the Dolphins FO decided to sign Daunte Culpepper instead.

I wonder what college football, and for that matter, the NFL would have looked like if the Dolphins had listened to him.

If I remember that correctly the Dolphins had concerns about Drew's durability after a surgery. That turned out to be a major mistake on Miami's part.

And what the Dolphins could have been with him. Tough question to answer. But look what he did for the Saints. He was a true franchise QB that turned out to be very durable. I enjoyed watching him going back to his days at Purdue.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The on the field coaching is why he gets the recruits he gets. They go hand in hand. Top players who go to Alabama know that if they go there, they are likely to get to play for at least 1 NC and have a very good chance of making to the NFL because they know that they will be coached in a way that will help them get there.

He's turned Bama into an NFL player factory. What he's done in Tuscaloosa really is legendary.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's you playing your "you better agree 100% with what I say or I'm going to have a meltdown" schtick.

Only area I said we don't know for sure here was he gets them more ready for the NFL than the rest.

Yeah, I am having a meltdown.

Ok dude.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not bent out of shape.

But seriously.

There is nothing to argue here. I made an innocuous comment about Saban being basically unbeatable with a month to prep (which his record proves) and you try to create something to argue about.

When everyone here including you thinks he is the GOAT.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Brown took off his pads, gloves and shirt in the 3rd quarter and waved bye to the crowd as he exited the field.