• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ you bitch when people troll you but then do the exact same shit. It's the first of the year. People are busy. But seeing you eat your words was worth stopping in for.

if this was twitter i would have sent his post to freezing cold takes

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow the Ole Miss Sr QB just got carted off the field

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love everyone ganging up on Herby. This is fun lol

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Didn't begrudge any of the OSU players who sat out

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Jaylon Smith injury which basically ruined his career is why these clowns shouldn't have an issue with kids sitting out a meaningless bowl game if the kid plan on going pro

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NIL stuff changes things and I would not be surprised in the future to see some deals tied to playing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on the fence about players sitting out bowl games.

On one hand, I am from an era where you concern yourself with the team you are on, not the team you might be on later. If your team has a game and you are healthy enough to play...you play. Period. No questions asked, no second thought. Bowl games, even ones that didn't effect the NC, were important because for many, it's their last chance to compete with their teammates.

On the other hand, there is more money at stake than ever and we've already seen guys freefall or not get drafted after being injured in a bowl game, costing them millions. So, I do understand why a player might want to skip a bowl game.

I guess I'll never be completely "okay" with guys sitting out, but I'm also not going to criticize what is ultimately a business decision.

I will say one thing though, people need to drop the "guilt-trip young people into playing for free" narrative. College players have never played for free and with NIL, they're for sure not going to be playing for free.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on the fence about players sitting out bowl games.

On one hand, I am from an era where you concern yourself with the team you are on, not the team you might be on later. If your team has a game and you are healthy enough to play...you play. Period. No questions asked, no second thought. Bowl games, even ones that didn't effect the NC, were important because for many, it's their last chance to compete with their teammates.

On the other hand, there is more money at stake than ever and we've already seen guys freefall or not get drafted after being injured in a bowl game, costing them millions. So, I do understand why a player might want to skip a bowl game.

I guess I'll never be completely "okay" with guys sitting out, but I'm also not going to criticize what is ultimately a business decision.

I will say one thing though, people need to drop the "guilt-trip young people into playing for free" narrative. College players have never played for free and with NIL, they're for sure not going to be playing for free.
After watching guys like Jaylon Smith and Butt from Michigan essentially ruin their careers before it gets started I’ve changed my mind on this. Corral lost money last night.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corral lost money last night.

Maybe. Depends on the injury. If it was a sprained ankle (apparently Kiffin said the x-rays were negative), then I doubt it costs him any money. But if it's something worse, then he very well may have lost some money.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Depends on the injury. If it was a sprained ankle (apparently Kiffin said the x-rays were negative), then I doubt it costs him any money. But if it's something worse, then he very well may have lost some money.
That’s good. I was going by the cart.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching guys like Jaylon Smith and Butt from Michigan essentially ruin their careers before it gets started I’ve changed my mind on this. Corral lost money last night.
If so it’s money he never would have had a chance to get if not for having a school make an investment in him. I bet Corral will not question the decision.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If so it’s money he never would have had a chance to get if not for having a school make an investment in him. I bet Corral will not question the decision.

Eh

If it wasn't Ole Miss it would've been another school.

Like others have said the bowl games started losing their impact when ESPN rolled out 957 of them. Had we kept the number lower I think you would see them mean more to the kids.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh

If it wasn't Ole Miss it would've been another school.

Like others have said the bowl games started losing their impact when ESPN rolled out 957 of them. Had we kept the number lower I think you would see them mean more to the kids.

^^^This^^^

Bowls are supposed to be a reward for a good/winning season. But we've had many 6-6 and even 5-7 teams get into bowl games. There are something like 42 bowl games now, plus the playoffs. If a bowl game can't get teams that are at least 7-5...we probably don't need that bowl game.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better players with amazing coaching.

Every time they panned they Alabama sideline you see a different former NFL head coach as 1 of Saban’s assistants.

You might sneak up on them if they have a week to prep.

But a month?

Forget about it.
I still think it's far more the players. I don't say that to demean saban at all as recruiting is way more than half the battle in CFB and he might be the best. If they switched coaches for the game would Cinci have won? I say no chance.

Has to say something about his coaching that a guy who I'd call a lesser coach than him overall (Miles) did more at LSU than Saban did. Hell, Orgeron won a title at LSU and Saban never did. Same at MSU with Dantonio after Saban left.

I'd say this about the OSU coaches, too. I don't think Meyer beat Saban in the CFP because of all the time he had. It was more the players. Switch coaches last night and OSU still wins.....hell, maybe easier than they did.