• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, we will see. Smoke equals fire a lot of times. Those of us that have followed this program our whole lives knew something was wrong this year.

If the reports that he didn't want to go to the SEC are true, that would be reason enough for something to be wrong. That's a huge, program altering move.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over on that other site meeeechegan super-homer maizeNblue09 said UofM would have beaten Ohio State last year because of what happened this past weekend.

C'mon man, transitive property is always 100% spot on. You know this.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything you are posting is a bunch of emotion based stuff intended to smear Lincoln Riley and try to make Sooners fans feel better about losing him.

What I don't see, is anyone saying why him taking a higher paying job in a better (for him) location is wrong. I don't see anyone saying anything about OU apparently being given the chance to match LSU and choosing not to, or what he should have done differently (besides not leave). Also, which of these Sooners fans aren't leaving their current job if offered double their current salary in a nicer location.

I'm not even saying that any of it hasn't happened, but right now...with no actual proof to back anything up...it just looks like massive butthurt.

Well at least you said apparently, but you are basically doing what you are accusing me of. We will see what develops.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND actually cares about academics and has higher recruitment standards as a result. Limits their recruiting.

That, imo, is why Kelly is leaving.

I just heard a pretty telling stat on Cowherd. He said that Notre Dame has been able to land about one 5 star recruit every 4-5 years or so while LSU is landing 3 or 4 five star recruits a season.

So, Kelly coaches up his 3 and 4 star kids to the point that they only losing 1 or 2 games a year against what is always at least a fairly challenging schedule...but then he gets to a NY6 bowl or the cfp against some SEC team that has 10-12 five star players while he has maybe 1.

Because of that, he becomes the winningest coach in ND history but will never be given the respect of Holtz or Parseghian because he can't recruit the "dudes" that he needs to win an NC.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the sentiment re: Kelly is that he feels that he had maxed out what he could accomplish at ND and wants to win an NC.
In his comments to the team he referenced looking for a new challenge. The reality is that he waived the white flag on a challenge, winning a national title at ND. If he wins one at LSU he can join coaching giants Ed Oregeron and Les Miles haha. Abject morons can win national titles at LSU.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least you said apparently, but you are basically doing what you are accusing me of. We will see what develops.

No I'm not. I'm pointing out that OU fans are presenting and buying into a bunch or rumors and conspiracy theories, many of which seem far fetched instead of looking at and understanding why he actually left.

Case in point...You just quoted my post, didn't address a single one of the points I made and want to say I'm doing the same thing you are.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That, imo, is why Kelly is leaving.

I just heard a pretty telling stat on Cowherd. He said that Notre Dame has been able to land about one 5 star recruit every 4-5 years or so while LSU is landing 3 or 4 five star recruits a season.

So, Kelly coaches up his 3 and 4 star kids to the point that they only losing 1 or 2 games a year against what is always at least a fairly challenging schedule...but then he gets to a NY6 bowl or the cfp against some SEC team that has 10-12 five star players while he has maybe 1.

Because of that, he becomes the winningest coach in ND history but will never be given the respect of Holtz or Parseghian because he can't recruit the "dudes" that he needs to win an NC.
He can’t. Charlie Weis could. Weis recruited more 5 stars to ND in 5 years than Kelly did in 12 years. And Charlie was a shitty coach. It’s not easy to recruit ND but it’s not impossible. Also, there’s much to be said with his team’s not only losing but getting boat raced by those elite teams.

And I’ll be real…with each passing hour I hate the fucker more haha. Take my shit with a grain of salt.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm not. I'm pointing out that OU fans are presenting and buying into a bunch or rumors and conspiracy theories, many of which seem far fetched instead of looking at and understanding why he actually left.

Case in point...You just quoted my post, didn't address a single one of the points I made and want to say I'm doing the same thing you are.

Why he left has nothing to do with how he left. You see that right? You were doing the same thing by putting it out there OU possibly didn’t match. Trust me no one wants him back.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his comments to the team he referenced looking for a new challenge. The reality is that he waived the white flag on a challenge, winning a national title at ND. If he wins one at LSU he can join coaching giants Ed Oregeron and Les Miles haha. Abject morons can win national titles at LSU.

I don't blame him. Notre Dame won't loosen the requirements like they did for Holtz. Because of that, he can't get the recruits that he needs to have a chance against SEC teams. He has these great seasons, but gets into games against the top of the SEC and finds that he's fighting with 1 arm tied behind is back.

You can make fun of LSU and other schools, but that's why Notre Dame can't quite get back to the status they used to have and why they just lost the winningest coach in their history.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame him. Notre Dame won't loosen the requirements like they did for Holtz. Because of that, he can't get the recruits that he needs to have a chance against SEC teams. He has these great seasons, but gets into games against the top of the SEC and finds that he's fighting with 1 arm tied behind is back.

You can make fun of LSU and other schools, but that's why Notre Dame can't quite get back to the status they used to have and why they just lost the winningest coach in their history.
What conditions are different now from the Holtz era?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can’t. Charlie Weis could. Weis recruited more 5 stars to ND in 5 years than Kelly did in 12 years. And Charlie was a shitty coach. It’s not easy to recruit ND but it’s not impossible. Also, there’s much to be said with his team’s not only losing but getting boat raced by those elite teams.

And I’ll be real…with each passing hour I hate the fucker more haha. Take my shit with a grain of salt.

Charlie wasn't playing against and recruiting against this current SEC.

Also, Charlie was the head coach at ND from 2005-2009. He had 2 good seasons.

2005: 9-2
2006: 10-2
2007: 3-9
2008: 6-6
2009: 6-6

Overall: 34-25

He either wasn't getting many 5 stars, or he didn't know what to do with them when he got them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What conditions are different now from the Holtz era?

They loosened their entrance requirements. I forget what they called it, but under Holtz, they allowed 2 recruits each year who didn't meet their minimum standards.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why he left has nothing to do with how he left. You see that right? You were doing the same thing by putting it out there OU possibly didn’t match. Trust me no one wants him back.

How else was he supposed to leave? There's no good way to leave.

What is the "good way" to break up with someone? I've broken up with women and had women break up with me...it always sucked. There's just no "good way" to do it.

Hell, I had to leave a job once where my boss was one of my closest friends...that sucked. But I had been presented with a better opportunity.

If he were to be fired like some OU fans wanted...would OU fans be melting down over "how he was fired"?

USC fired Lane Kiffin in a small conference room at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix. He didn't even get to fly back with the team. Clay Helton was fired after 2 games...I don't remember anyone melting down over "how they were fired".

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie wasn't playing against and recruiting against this current SEC.

Also, Charlie was the head coach at ND from 2005-2009. He had 2 good seasons.

2005: 9-2
2006: 10-2
2007: 3-9
2008: 6-6
2009: 6-6

Overall: 34-25

He either wasn't getting many 5 stars, or he didn't know what to do with them when he got them.
The latter

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 probably puts you on a weaker team with a weaker QB though. That ego can lead you down the wrong path, if that's why he might stay.
I'm just talking about his draft stock but who knows the real reason. Maybe he doesn't think he is ready? Maybe he wants to win a title? Reasons to win it all is what I hope. They came close last year and they will be have more experience next season.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How else was he supposed to leave? There's no good way to leave.

What is the "good way" to break up with someone? I've broken up with women and had women break up with me...it always sucked. There's just no "good way" to do it.

Hell, I had to leave a job once where my boss was one of my closest friends...that sucked. But I had been presented with a better opportunity.

If he were to be fired like some OU fans wanted...would OU fans be melting down over "how he was fired"?

USC fired Lane Kiffin in a small conference room at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix. He didn't even get to fly back with the team. Clay Helton was fired after 2 games...I don't remember anyone melting down over "how they were fired".

Let me ask you a question, have you heard anything at all about possible candidates since Helton was fired in September?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They loosened their entrance requirements. I forget what they called it, but under Holtz, they allowed 2 recruits each year who didn't meet their minimum standards.
Kelly has that too. That was Aaron Lynch and Louis Nix. The standards at ND for Holtz are the same standards they are for Kelly. The Davie and Willingham days saw a crackdown on standards. They learned when Meyer picked Florida over ND that they had to fix that. They did that during the Weis era. Holtz success was Vinny Cerato. That man was the real magic behind the Holtz era. As soon as he left for the Redskins, ND recruiting under Holtz died. There are over 65 existing rules in the NCAA rule book that are a direct result of Cerato at ND. During the national title Fiesta Bowl in 1989, Cerato had Tony Rice on the phone from the sidelines with Rick Mirer. Cerato didn't coach a position. He just recruited. You can't have a coach on the staff anymore that doesn't hold a position coaching the team. While everyone else was focused on the game they had this week, Vinny was out barnstorming the country going to high school practices and games. Dude found and exploited every angle out there.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, what you're referring to is Proposition 48 which is no longer a thing at any NCAA school.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the difference, though. He said possibly because we don't know....you think everything you are hearing is gospel as long as it supports your agenda.