• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the difference, though. He said possibly because we don't know....you think everything you are hearing is gospel as long as it supports your agenda.

Lol I havent said anything is gospel. Trust me the gospel is pretty far away from most things college football right now.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I havent said anything is gospel. Trust me the gospel is pretty far away from most things college football right now.
LOL? It sure seems like you are buying everything you are hearing. If you aren't, why is this such an issue someone took a position he thought was better for him and his family?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thou shalt exert game control
The opportunistic defense shalt inherit the turnover
Mary Magdelene was a whore

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you a question, have you heard anything at all about possible candidates since Helton was fired in September?

There were all kinds of candidates names thrown out there. Heck, Mike Tomlin had to deal with a question from a reporter when his name came up.

In no particular order (and probably missing a couple) here is the list of names that I have seen/heard mentioned in connection with USC:

Luke Fickell*
Matt Campbell*
Pete Carroll
Mike Tomlin
Eric Bienimy
Raheem Morris
Matt Rhule*
Dave Aranda*
Lincoln Riley
Mel Tucker
Jeff Fisher
Brian Kelly
James Franklin*
Chris Petersen*
Urban Meyer
Lane Kiffin

(* was considered the favorite for the job or predicted to get it)
The only thing that was at all unusual was that, outside of Mike Tomlin who was mentioned by Carson Palmer in an interview, none of those names appear to have been leaked by USC.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL? It sure seems like you are buying everything you are hearing. If you aren't, why is this such an issue someone took a position he thought was better for him and his family?

As with everything in life how you do things matter. It is strongly suspected that Riley has been on his way out the door for most of the season. Would that be right if true?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, what you're referring to is Proposition 48 which is no longer a thing at any NCAA school.

And? Different schools have different standards. It's much easier to get into LSU than it is to get into Notre Dame.

5 star recruits are going to these schools to major in football and get to the NFL. Even if a 5 star recruit can get into Notre Dame...why is he going to choose Notre Dame where he's actually expected to do his own work and excel in the classroom instead of a school where he's just expected to excel at football?

Stanford has it like that as well. They actually have a little bit lower standards for athletes to get in, but they are expected to keep up in the classroom and many choose not to go because of that.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this can be blamed on the early signing period, has to be fixed. I hope no one is thinking I’m saying OU is not going to be fine, we most certainly will be.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with everything in life how you do things matter. It is strongly suspected that Riley has been on his way out the door for most of the season. Would that be right if true?
Is it right? Maybe not, but that is how it goes in CFB. No one acknowledges he is taking another job (or thinking about it) until he takes another job.

You (and those complaining) are just not happy because it happened to the team you cheer for.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can’t. Charlie Weis could. Weis recruited more 5 stars to ND in 5 years than Kelly did in 12 years. And Charlie was a shitty coach. It’s not easy to recruit ND but it’s not impossible. Also, there’s much to be said with his team’s not only losing but getting boat raced by those elite teams.

And I’ll be real…with each passing hour I hate the fucker more haha. Take my shit with a grain of salt.

You have every right to be salty

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this can be blamed on the early signing period, has to be fixed.

That's what I've been saying all along and interestingly, what the talk shows have been saying all morning. The early signing period is putting coaches in an even more impossible position than they were already in when it comes to moving on from a program.

Under normal circumstances, Riley and USC don't even come to an agreement until after the upcoming CCG weekend and depending on when Oklahoma's bowl game is played, it either doesn't get announced until after the bowl game, or it's announced before the bowl game and Riley, the team and OU decide if he's going to coach the bowl game or not.

But with the early signing period, now he has to get to his new school asap so he can try to save and add to the recruiting class at USC while OU has to try to save their own recruiting class while also trying to get a coach hired. It's crazy.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it right? Maybe not, but that is how it goes in CFB. No one acknowledges he is taking another job (or thinking about it) until he takes another job.

You (and those complaining) are just not happy because it happened to the team you cheer for.

I went to OU so it’s a lot more than that. OU plucked this guy out of Muleshoe, TX via calling plays at East Carolina. OU is one of a handful of blueblood programs, has never happened before. The entire issue is that Riley may have dropped the ball this year on players that should have been our best team in a lot of years. Literally everyone has been saying all year that Riley didn’t look right, he simply did not react to what was thrown at him like someone of his abilities should have. We will see what comes out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU plucked this guy out of Muleshoe, TX via calling plays at East Carolina.

So that means he's not allowed to leave?

OU can fire him if they decide they want to move on from him for any reason...but because they "plucked him out of Muleshoe, TX" he's not allowed to leave if he wants to?

Seems a tad hypocritical.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to OU so it’s a lot more than that. OU plucked this guy out of Muleshoe, TX via calling plays at East Carolina. OU is one of a handful of blueblood programs, has never happened before. The entire issue is that Riley may have dropped the ball this year on players that should have been our best team in a lot of years. Literally everyone has been saying all year that Riley didn’t look right, he simply did not react to what was thrown at him like someone of his abilities should have. We will see what comes out.
You watch them more than anyone here I believe, but they only lost a couple games......also took a big step back at the most important position.

I have nothing against OU, so hopefully you find a decent replacement....just need to accept it's an at will position and they can fire him and he can leave if that's what either party wants.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You watch them more than anyone here I believe, but they only lost a couple games......also took a big step back at the most important position.

I have nothing against OU, so hopefully you find a decent replacement....just need to accept it's an at will position and they can fire him and he can leave if that's what either party wants.

None of you are listening, he can leave, that’s up to him. How you do things in life shouid matter.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of you are listening, he can leave, that’s up to him. How you do things in life shouid matter.

And yet, you still have not said what the "good way to leave'' is.

It seems to me, that everyone is listening just fine. You're just looking at things emotionally.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see THIS is still going on...

Lets Go Football GIF by ESPN
Fight On Usc Football GIF by USC Trojans