• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the guy luck. As I just stated in here recently, you can’t win a national title at ND. Man has the right to want that and 10 years 100 million!!! You can’t turn that down. He left the program in a much better place than what he was handed. After 3 failures, he may have saved Notre Dame football. Wish he won a national title but I truly believe he has ND at their ceiling.

Also…I was just busting OU fans for getting cucked with a coach jumping for another program and that karma came back around quick! Sorry you got caught up in that haha.

My handicap for next coach:
Fickell
Matt Campbell
Dark horse candidate - Marcus Freeman gets promoted

I will also say I thought Kelly was more of a USC fit than an LSU fit. Not as shocked that he left but shocked it’s LSU.

It will be interesting to see how much LSU's style changes offensively. Burrow brought that passing game up for a school that was historically not QB driven. With Kelly?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine Urban at a Catholic school, lol. Highly improbable.

I can’t imagine ND would take him, but I can’t believe Kelly took LSU so all bets are off I guess. It’s the Wild West.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they wont do that. That's the point. Did you not follow when I said IF they showed a will to win and spent league average?

Bieber, Civale, McKenzie, Quantrill

spend league average and guess what? They could add at least another 3-4 proven bats.

Again, if you are basing this on what has and will happen there is no doubt they might have wasted this window.

I am following.

That is not contender quality pitching staff unless you also have elite hitting lineup, which the Guardians are more than 3-4 solid free agents away from.

What that is is 1 ace and 3-4 solid MLB SPs. Nothing special as it relates to the pitching staff.

This isn’t close to what Cleveland had 3 years ago. Civale and McKenzie have some potential, but they aren’t there yet.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a bit, but we don’t know what Caleb Williams is for sure doing yet.

Probably contingent on the replacement, I imagine. USC could potentially land former OU commit Malachi Nelson, so I don't think they'll necessarily pursue him (or Rattler).

I don't understand why Nelson would choose OU anyway with both Rattler and and Caleb already there. NFL prospect QBs are typically 3 year players; how long would it take for Nelson to even see the field? His 3rd year potentially? That's a small window to prove your worth for draft scouts.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably contingent on the replacement, I imagine. USC could potentially land former OU commit Malachi Nelson, so I don't think they'll necessarily pursue him (or Rattler).

I don't understand why Nelson would choose OU anyway with both Rattler and and Caleb already there. NFL prospect QBs are typically 3 year players; how long would it take for Nelson to even see the field? His 3rd year potentially? That's a small window to prove your worth for draft scouts.

Oh there is zero question all of those CA recruits are going to USC. Riley effectively recruited them for USC on OUs dime. No other way to look at it.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep.

Scumbag

You wouldn’t believe the stories that are coming out here now. Arrogant narcissist is the best way I can describe it. He wasn’t the first coach OU has made and he won’t be the last. I just hate what has been created by all this though, it’s ugly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn’t believe the stories that are coming out here now. Arrogant narcissist is the best way I can describe it. He wasn’t the first coach OU has made and he won’t be the last. I just hate what has been created by all this though, it’s ugly.

Gotta believe some of those stories are carrying an unnecessary (or inaccurate altogether) slant though...

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta believe some of those stories are carrying an unnecessary (or inaccurate altogether) slant though...

Not from the people that are telling them, no. We are talking life long people that have either played at ou or covered ou, or both. I’ve seen enough with my own eyes about the paranoia to say what I said. He isn’t what we thought he was, that’s fine, wish him luck.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not from the people that are telling them, no. We are talking life long people that have either played at ou or covered ou, or both. I’ve seen enough with my own eyes about the paranoia to say what I said. He isn’t what we thought he was, that’s fine, wish him luck.

You don't expect life-long OU fans/employees to have a slant about the OU coach that just left them for USC? If they were unrelated to the program I would consider them more factual.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't expect life-long OU fans/employees to have a slant about the OU coach that just left them for USC? If they were unrelated to the program I would consider them more factual.

Hey believe what you want, I’m here and I’ve been here a long time. I know who to believe and who not to. Wish him the best, he knows who made him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much this. I could see him jumping to ND (just like Kelly) but OU seems like an odd fit for him imo. I could also see Urbs deciding he'd like to go back to college and take on ND at this point
Urban’s Stinky Pinky on the bye week was the final nail in that coffin. Not happening or Notre Dame is the new picture in the dictionary next to the entry of “hypocrite”.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't believe stories until they're proven as fact. I don't know anything about Riley so won't make a judgement about him. And I'm not doubting what you're saying. You obviously follow the Sooners a lot closer than I do.

I have to question the timing of these stories now that he's gone. Example. When LeBron left Miami heard stories that were never backed up that he went out every night cheating on his wife and that he cut off all ties with his brother when he got to the league. Both complete bullshit. And LeBron has no siblings.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have said I can't lead N.D. to a national title.
Nah. I’m as big a fan of ND you’ll find out there and even I’m willing to say he’s right. I don’t think it can be done until ND changes from within. But they won’t. They aren’t sacrificing their standing as a top end undergrad degree to develop curriculum to provide football players an easy way out. Now…they’ll cheat like all fuck and have tutors do school work for kids until they’re caught. But they won’t change the structure of the university.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. I’m as big a fan of ND you’ll find out there and even I’m willing to say he’s right. I don’t think it can be done until ND changes from within. But they won’t. They aren’t sacrificing their standing as a top end undergrad degree to develop curriculum to provide football players an easy way out. Now…they’ll cheat like all fuck and have tutors do school work for kids until they’re caught. But they won’t change the structure of the university.

Well damn. Figured with a big name coaching hire this would improve. After all N.D. is N.D., a national brand. Alotta kids wanna play there.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other team is allowed to float without a conference? It's preferential treatment more than capitalism.
Haha! That’s fucked up. You’re calling a team that goes it alone to pay the bills the one that gets preferential treatment? It isn’t Rutgers, Purdue, Kansas St, Iowa St, etc…who get paid because networks and bowls want the OUs, Alabamas, and OSUs of the world? Yikes. That’s the preferential treatment. What network is giving a contract for access to TCU games? Please…

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe stories until they're proven as fact. I don't know anything about Riley so won't make a judgement about him. And I'm not doubting what you're saying. You obviously follow the Sooners a lot closer than I do.

I have to question the timing of these stories now that he's gone. Example. When LeBron left Miami heard stories that were never backed up that he went out every night cheating on his wife and that he cut off all ties with his brother when he got to the league. Both complete bullshit. And LeBron has no siblings.

You just have to be here, no one criticizes the current OU coach for much, it just doesn’t happen. People have kept all that stuff close to the vest going all the way back to Switzer, it’s the price you pay for access.