• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,121.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, heard about Venables to OU also.

I'm starting to wonder if ND might want Urbs if the NFL isn't for him.

I don’t see that, I mean if that were to happen I guess all bets would truly be off. The NCAA needs tampering rules during the season like the NFL has. This is getting ridiculous.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,747.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Venables to OU rumors are picking up. If that ends up being the case, then that's bad. I see Venables as a lifelong coordinator type. Being a Miami fan, our fanbase loves sticking with the "devil we know" by trying to go with guys that have ties to the program; Venables strikes me as something similar.

OU should've been able to land an elite HC. It looks like me that settling on a DC to be your next coach signifies that you're not trying to spend a lot of money and are going in with expectations that you'll be a mid-level team in the SEC. At least from public perception.

To be fair, they're in a tough spot. They just lost Riley only about 2 weeks before early signing day, they are hemorrhaging recruits and it sounds like their fanbase is panicking.

At the least, Venables is a familiar name that will calm the fanbase and should be able stop or at least slow, the recruit exodus and maybe get some to re-commit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Kelly really left us @fightinfunbags
I wish the guy luck. As I just stated in here recently, you can’t win a national title at ND. Man has the right to want that and 10 years 100 million!!! You can’t turn that down. He left the program in a much better place than what he was handed. After 3 failures, he may have saved Notre Dame football. Wish he won a national title but I truly believe he has ND at their ceiling.

Also…I was just busting OU fans for getting cucked with a coach jumping for another program and that karma came back around quick! Sorry you got caught up in that haha.

My handicap for next coach:
Fickell
Matt Campbell
Dark horse candidate - Marcus Freeman gets promoted

I will also say I thought Kelly was more of a USC fit than an LSU fit. Not as shocked that he left but shocked it’s LSU.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the guy luck. As I just stated in here recently, you can’t win a national title at ND. Man has the right to want that and 10 years 100 million!!! You can’t turn that down. He left the program in a much better place than what he was handed. After 3 failures, he may have saved Notre Dame football. Wish he won a national title but I truly believe he has ND at their ceiling.

Also…I was just busting OU fans for getting cucked with a coach jumping for another program and that karma came back around quick! Sorry you got caught up in that haha.

Fickell
Matt Campbell

I will also say I thought Kelly was more of a USC fit than an LSU fit. Not as shocked that he left but shocked it’s LSU.

Need to quit wasting time and join the ACC. It is possible to win a title but the margin of error is so damn small due to the lack of a Conference Title Game. It is either 12-0 or likely no playoffs spot unless you get a crazy season like the one we are currently having where 11-1 can possibly get you in

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to quit wasting time and join the ACC. It is possible to win a title but the margin of error is so damn small due to the lack of a Conference Title Game. It is either 12-0 or likely no playoffs spot unless you get a crazy season like the one we are currently having where 11-1 can possibly get you in
Access isn’t the problem. The problem is that 2/3 of the top 300 won’t even consider ND because of academics. You can’t nail down the consecutive top 5 classes you need to beat two top 5 football teams needed to win the national title. I don’t think joining the ACC fixes that. ND would have to add Rocks for Jocks curriculum and they don’t want to do anything like that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of times I missed my parlay by 1 leg in the last week is insane.

Missed out on 10K with the boys yesterday because the titans couldn't lose by under 15.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fickell
Matt Campbell

maybe Fickell has gotten his shit together- but his 1 season as OSU coach after Urb left was a disaster. OSU fans hated him.

Campbell would be amazing but I dont know if you could get him- he seems very loyal. He would be the guy though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indians? are you kidding? Pitching already good enough to contend and it they'd just spend league avg. could add at least 3-4 stud hitters/fielders through FA or trade and still have money to spend to get to lge. avg.

You mean the Guardians?

But they won’t do that.

And LOL, no their pitching is not good enough to contend unless 2-3 guys do way better than projected.. They have 1 ace, 2-3 proven bats and a theoretically good bullpen.

Who are you basing that on beyond Bieber?

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, coach. You sure Heinecki sucks...?

Played well the last few games for sure.

Definitely better than what they had last year.

But not expecting him to consistently be even league average. Make the plays when they are there, avoid the dumb mistakes and keep the defense playing well.

If those things happen, WFT isn’t half bad.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe Fickell has gotten his shit together- but his 1 season as OSU coach after Urb left was a disaster. OSU fans hated him.

Campbell would be amazing but I dont know if you could get him- he seems very loyal. He would be the guy though.
Fickell was thrown immediately into an interim role. I think he’s grown as a HC since. This is not the same coach that lost to Al Golden at Miami. You put both coaches against each other, regardless of talent advantage in sure Fickell bludgeons Golden.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that year may have been too much too fast for Fickell. I think that experience has likely made him a better coach and prepared him for his next big chance. We will see.