• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the Guardians?

But they won’t do that.

And LOL, no their pitching is not good enough to contend unless 2-3 guys do way better than projected.. They have 1 ace, 2-3 proven bats and a theoretically good bullpen.

Who are you basing that on beyond Bieber?
Yes, they wont do that. That's the point. Did you not follow when I said IF they showed a will to win and spent league average?

Bieber, Civale, McKenzie, Quantrill

spend league average and guess what? They could add at least another 3-4 proven bats.

Again, if you are basing this on what has and will happen there is no doubt they might have wasted this window.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they wont do that. That's the point. Did you not follow when I said IF they showed a will to win and spent league average?

Bieber, Civale, McKenzie, Quantrill

spend league average and guess what? They could add at least another 3-4 proven bats.

Again, if you are basing this on what has and will happen there is no doubt theyo might have wasted this window.

Just glad detroit is spending again.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he won't jump for another job I just don't see OU
If ND offers Fickell’s choice would be ND over OU. He’s a Midwest guy and he and his wife are Roman Catholic. The rumors on Fickell have long been that he’s staying at Cincinnati unless ND or OSU calls.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ND offers Fickell’s choice would be ND over OU. He’s a Midwest guy and he and his wife are Roman Catholic. The rumors on Fickell have long been that he’s staying at Cincinnati unless ND or OSU calls.

Pretty much this. I could see him jumping to ND (just like Kelly) but OU seems like an odd fit for him imo. I could also see Urbs deciding he'd like to go back to college and take on ND at this point

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe Fickell has gotten his shit together- but his 1 season as OSU coach after Urb left was a disaster. ---> OSU fans hated him.

Campbell would be amazing but I dont know if you could get him- he seems very loyal. He would be the guy though.

Another outright lie from you, nothing new. Just like when you said LeBron's legacy is ruined because he didn't get an injured Lakers team to the playoffs his first year in Los Angeles.

Fickell took one for Ohio State back in 2011. By the time Tricky Tressel was no longer the HC the Buckeyes had few options to replace him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the Guardians?

But they won’t do that.

And LOL, no their pitching is not good enough to contend unless 2-3 guys do way better than projected.. They have 1 ace, 2-3 proven bats and a theoretically good bullpen.

Who are you basing that on beyond Bieber?

The Guardians. What a stupid name. Should have went with the Spiders. From now on I'll call them the Cleveland Baseball Team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about awkward...Apparently, one of ND's assistants was actually in a recruits living room when the announcement happened and didn't know until he left that Kelly was leaving.

Can you imagine that...

Talking to recruit: "Oh yeah, no problem...Brian Kelly isn't going anywhere"

In his rental car looking at his phone: "What the fuuuuuuuuck?"

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Guardians. What a stupid name. Should have went with the Spiders. From now on I'll call them the Cleveland Baseball Team.
I'm still calling them the Indians or the team that is held back by the Dolans. I mean it's just insane, if you own a baseball team and aren't willing to spend even close to the league average....sell. It's pathetic.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still calling them the Indians or the team that is held back by the Dolans. I mean it's just insane, if you own a baseball team and aren't willing to spend even close to the league average....sell. It's pathetic.
Right? If you really are a fan like he said he was why buy the team with no will to win?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally get it. A lot of people hate capitalism in sports. They feel more comfortable in a world where Northwestern and Vanderbilt can ride coattails and receive financial windfalls based on things programs like Michigan Ohio St Alabama and Texas have done to cultivate their brand over a hundred plus years. They hate Notre Dame because ND doesn’t need that model in order to stay viable.

What other team is allowed to float without a conference? It's preferential treatment more than capitalism.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And stayed in Cleveland at the same time.

LA was slipping before OBJ got there anyway. OBJ had one of best stat lines Monday since 10/24/20 vs the Cowboys and has only been with the team for week's worth of practices, not going to blame him for anything yet.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has hired one coach with head coaching experience since 1945, Schnellenburger. It’s very important to get an OU guy around here. Getting some toughness from a guy like Venables is necessary to move to the SEC.

That flow of Heisman candidate QBs may be over though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see that, I mean if that were to happen I guess all bets would truly be off. The NCAA needs tampering rules during the season like the NFL has. This is getting ridiculous.

I can't imagine Urban at a Catholic school, lol. Highly improbable.