• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move really helps the PAC 12. I liken this to OSU signing Urban Meyer a few years ago. That launched a recovery for the whole B10 in the national perception after they had taken a competitive back seat to the B12 and SEC.
Loved the hire, but OSU was also pretty good under Tressel. will say Meyer stepped up recruiting compared to Tress.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N.D. fans gotta be like oh shit right about now. I see no reason why Riley won't be successful at USC.
Not at all. ND is operating above their ceiling right now. They’re 54-9 in the last 5 years still playing school while competing with football factories. ND’s edge on Southern Cal is on the line of scrimmage. USC has long held a big advantage at the skill positions. If Riley demonstrates more well rounded success in recruiting and he can get the lineman on both sides of the ball he didn’t get at OU then it would be time to worry. But also…every real ND fan knows ND football winning a national title again is a pipe dream that isn’t likely to ever happen again. 2/3 of the Rivals 300 won’t even return prospecting mail from ND because they don’t offer a path of least resistance kind of curriculum. Even those guys who major in Film and Cinematography have to take classes that involve writing 5-6 papers per class. ND does a great job at maximizing their brand and being different in gaining the success they have. But they’ll never be truly elite again until they add a Rocks For Jocks easy to navigate, show up and here’s a B style of curriculum the big state schools offer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine the transfer portal will be heating up as well...

No doubt. And I read your comment and immediately thought of that Dr. Pepper transfer porthole commercial.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

You hear about this yet? Another player's daddy went to the social medias to rip the team.

Article from fansided- Kareem Hunt's dad throws Browns offense under the bus on facebook
Yep...heard. These players need to tell their family members to shut the hell up.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine the transfer portal will be heating up as well...
They can try but they’re going to find USC’s roster is already in good shape. They have NFL guys at TB, WR and Jaxson Dart in Riley’s system is going to be the tits if he stays healthy. The QBs will want to flock to Riley. But they will likely wear a ball cap and chart Dart’s plays. That kid is gonna be a good one.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. ND is operating above their ceiling right now. They’re 54-9 in the last 5 years still playing school while competing with football factories. ND’s edge on Southern Cal is on the line of scrimmage. USC has long held a big advantage at the skill positions. If Riley demonstrates more well rounded success in recruiting and he can get the lineman on both sides of the ball he didn’t get at OU then it would be time to worry. But also…every real ND fan knows ND football winning a national title again is a pipe dream that isn’t likely to ever happen again. 2/3 of the Rivals 300 won’t even return prospecting mail from ND because they don’t offer a path of least resistance kind of curriculum. Even those guys who major in Film and Cinematography have to take classes that involve writing 5-6 papers per class. ND does a great job at maximizing their brand and being different in gaining the success they have. But they’ll never be truly elite again until they add a Rocks For Jocks easy to navigate, show up and here’s a B style of curriculum the big state schools offer.

I keep in touch with some N.D. fans back home. They're so disgusted that Kelly surpassed Rockne's school win total they refuse to follow them until he's gone.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...heard. These players need to tell their family members to shut the hell up.

You don't control your family though. Have to remember these family members are likely not running these things by the players prior to posting

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the hire, but OSU was also pretty good under Tressel. will say Meyer stepped up recruiting compared to Tress.
Meyer begot Harbaugh and a general uptick for the B10. Tressel was a great coach but had too many national defeats in big spots toward the end of his tenure and that started to fuel that anti-B10 narrative if you remember correctly.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First OBJ's daddy & now Hunt's daddy. Who da hell do those two think they are? Fucking idiots.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t matter, he was never going to LSU. The SEC thing is what sent him packing.

Yeah, the way he handled it was fucking brilliant, imo.

Notice that him being against the move to the SEC didn't come out until after the deal with USC was complete. Because of that, he was able to leverage the $12 million LSU offered to, apparently get $15 million from USC. So he used a school that he apparently really had no intention of going to...to get more money from the one he wanted to go to anyway.

It would be interesting to see what he would have done if USC had balked at $15 million.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep in touch with some N.D. fans back home. They're so disgusted that Kelly surpassed Rockne's school win total they refuse to follow them until he's gone.
No offense but “those fans” who still see ND as the leather helmets kings and win one for the Gipper blah blah are an obstacle to ND success. Those ND fans still demand that ND wins national titles while also posting 100% graduation rates. They don’t understand that times have changed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can try but they’re going to find USC’s roster is already in good shape. They have NFL guys at TB, WR and Jaxson Dart in Riley’s system is going to be the tits if he stays healthy. The QBs will want to flock to Riley. But they will likely wear a ball cap and chart Dart’s plays. That kid is gonna be a good one.

Doesn't have to be to USC, just to a proven program if they question OU's path forward.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck me in the asshole. Bad enough the Phillies have to worry about the Braves being one of the better run franchises in the MLB in their own division. Now the Mets went out and signed Scherzer. FML!

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't have to be to USC, just to a proven program if they question OU's path forward.
I get what you’re saying now. You were talking transfer portal just at OU with rats leaving the sinking ship. I read it as people lining up to transfer to USC now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He told you that? what's to be so afraid of? Bama might not be Bama when Saban decides to retire. UGA looks great this year but they usually find a way to shit the bed most seasons. who else is so scary in the SEC?

And, sure, no one has ever wanted to move to SoCal for a lot of money.

widely known? Any quotes from real people who would know to confirm this?

I don't know about widely known, at least not prior to yesterdays announcement, but it has come out that he was against the move to the SEC and that if not for that move...he likely stays at Oklahoma (although, $15 million would still be tough to turn down).

There could be some ego in this too. He was the top dog coach in the Big 12 and he'll likely be the top dog coach in the PAC-12. In the SEC he would be, at best, #2 behind Saban and maybe #3 behind Saban and Smart. Being the top dog coach gets you top dog recruits.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the way he handled it was fucking brilliant, imo.

Notice that him being against the move to the SEC didn't come out until after the deal with USC was complete. Because of that, he was able to leverage the $12 million LSU offered to, apparently get $15 million from USC. So he used a school that he apparently really had no intention of going to...to get more money from the one he wanted to go to anyway.

It would be interesting to see what he would have done if USC had balked at $15 million.

Who knows if that amount is true. USC is a private school and it doesn’t have to be made public. I would be surprised if that number is correct.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't control your family though. Have to remember these family members are likely not running these things by the players prior to posting
No doubt...but after it happens player needs to tell them they are not helping anything.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense but “those fans” who still see ND as the leather helmets kings and win one for the Gipper blah blah are an obstacle to ND success. Those ND fans still demand that ND wins national titles while also posting 100% graduation rates. They don’t understand that times have changed.

Until Notre Dame locks into a conference and loses the preferential treatment they receive from media, I'll continue to hate lol.