• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He told you that? what's to be so afraid of? Bama might not be Bama when Saban decides to retire. UGA looks great this year but they usually find a way to shit the bed most seasons. who else is so scary in the SEC?

And, sure, no one has ever wanted to move to SoCal for a lot of money.
Yeah, I’m not buying this. At LSU two mediocre coaches have won national titles in Les Miles and Ed Oregeron. Both guys have been meh coaches elsewhere in other stops. I doubt Riley is scared to compete in the SEC…at LSU. But I get his reluctance in having to reboot OU to compete in the SEC.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I look forward. will they all be unnamed or will any of names?

I’ve got names now but you won’t believe it. Former QB Dean Blevins who is a sportscaster here for one. Just watch. Those of us that know this program knew something wasn’t right, we had more talent this year than we have had in a long time and made no adjustments throughout the season. Riley is better than we got this year.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve got names now but you won’t believe it. Former QB Dean Blevins who is a sportscaster here for one. Just watch. Those of us that know this program knew something wasn’t right, we had more talent this year than we have had in a long time and made no adjustments throughout the season. Riley is better than we got this year.
I mean OU loses at least one game nearly every season with him but he lost 2 this year so he gave up? could it be his QB play not quite as good as recent seasons factored in or just his fear?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, sure, the QB leads the offense, but he does not drop perfect passes...many on 3rd down to end drives.

Mayfield was 18-37 yesterday. So tell me of his 19 incompletions how many were dropped?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude…I don’t think the OU defense has made a successful adjustment in a decade. Weird litmus test.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean OU loses at least one game nearly every season with him but he lost 2 this year so he gave up? could it be his QB play not quite as good as recent seasons factored in or just his fear?

He was checked out, probsbly still better than most but not his usual self. There will be a lot coming out I’m confident in that. Here’s one story. When he told the coaches he teared up. Ex great rb Demarco Murray who is rb coach said cut that shit out, you made your choice. That pretty much ended the meeting.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield was 18-37 yesterday. So tell me of his 19 incompletions how many were dropped?
Thinking 5-6?

FYI, not saying he played well but his receivers/TEs/RBs did him no favors. His own fumble and Landry fumble hurt as well. Most really costly as they were 3rd down and ended drives.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was checked out, probsbly still better than most but not his usual self. There will be a lot coming out I’m confident in that. Here’s one story. When he told the coaches he tested up. Ex great rb Demarco Murray who is rb coach said cut that shit out, you made your choice. That pretty much ended the meeting.
Tested up?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was checked out, probsbly still better than most but not his usual self. There will be a lot coming out I’m confident in that. Here’s one story. When he told the coaches he teared up. Ex great rb Demarco Murray who is rb coach said cut that shit out, you made your choice. That pretty much ended the meeting.
I mean, there's not much data you have to prove otherwise. Riley landed two back-to-back Heisman winning QBs that both respectively ended up being starting QBs in the NFL that were drafted #1. Going from that to Spencer Rattler is a significant downgrade.

As a Miami fan, I can tell you what having a stud QB does to mask the deficiencies of your team. If we didn't have Tyler Van Dyke, Miami would've been lucky to win 5 games this year with how poor our coaching is.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, there's not much data you have to prove otherwise. Riley landed two back-to-back Heisman winning QBs that both respectively ended up being starting QBs in the NFL that were drafted #1. Going from that to Spencer Rattler is a significant downgrade.

As a Miami fan, I can tell you what having a stud QB does to mask the deficiencies of your team. If we didn't have Tyler Van Dyke, Miami would've been lucky to win 5 games this year with how poor our coaching is.

Rattler was the no 1 qb recruit in the country, just like Caleb Williams.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stefanski said he is going to start Baker going forward. I can clearly see he is hurt but he is being stubborn. Not that it matters...the offense w/o a running game is nothing special. Would need an Aaron Rodgers to make it special.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking 5-6?

FYI, not saying he played well but his receivers/TEs/RBs did him no favors. His own fumble and Landry fumble hurt as well. Most really costly as they were 3rd down and ended drives.

I didn't see that many, saw 3 or 4. Mayfield's obviously struggling through the season. At this point is he helping or hurting the team by playing?

He's had more bad games than good so far this year. But as far as next year do the Browns have to offer him an extension in the offseason or his under contract for 2022? Don't follow player contracts so not sure where things stand.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rattler was the no 1 qb recruit in the country, just like Caleb Williams.
A lot of QB evals happen on these camp circuits, you'll see a lot of bumps in ratings. Athleticism also plays a part as well in how a guy at QB gets rated. Look back at successful QBs in the NFL, and you'd find that most of them were not highly rated QBs. Rattler was a head case and a lot of people knew Rattler was highly overrated.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stefanski said he is going to start Baker going forward. I can clearly see he is hurt but he is being stubborn. Not that it matters...the offense w/o a running game is nothing special. Would need an Aaron Rodgers to make it special.
I mean, if doc, trainers say he's good to go and Baker wants to play it comes down to who looks best in practice to them and gives best chance to win. Very possible that guy is Baker.

It's not just QB play...if it was, Bmore does not even come close to winning that one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see that many, saw 3 or 4. Mayfield's obviously struggling through the season. At this point is he helping or hurting the team by playing?

He's had more bad games than good so far this year. But as far as next year do the Browns have to offer him an extension in the offseason or his under contract for 2022? Don't follow player contracts so not sure where things stand.
I can remember DPJ, Njoku, Hooper, Felton for sure dropping passes. Think there were at least 1-2 more )Hooper might have had 2). all huge drops. DPJ gives us first down inside the 10. Another 2-3 were on 3rd down and ended drives. Landry fumble in their territory too.

He's under contract for 2022. Unless they find a better vet option (or we greatly improve after bye like last season) he goes into next year without a deal and they first see what he does healthy...hopefully with a decent WR added.