• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're diabetic, I think you need to revamp your entire lifestyle and stay away from candies entirely.
Sure. But that’s untenable for long term health. I’m not saying the diabetic needs to feast on sugar free Reese’s every day. But for someone who made that lifestyle change but really misses a treat like that, this is a treat that comes with little real sacrifice from that lifestyle. All things in moderation.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of QB evals happen on these camp circuits, you'll see a lot of bumps in ratings. Athleticism also plays a part as well in how a guy at QB gets rated. Look back at successful QBs in the NFL, and you'd find that most of them were not highly rated QBs. Rattler was a head case and a lot of people knew Rattler was highly overrated.
To compound off of this, I remember Miami took a commitment from Arthur Sitkowski (spelling?) a few years ago when Richt was still Miami's HC. Sitkowski looked great in these camps and was a solid 4-star QB. But when you looked at his HS film, it was mediocre. Many questioned the eval. When Sitkowski decommitted and went to Rutgers, some people actually thought that Rutgers landed a QB that would get them out of the basement of the Big 10; Miami fans knew better. A few years later, it was a missed eval.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can remember DPJ, Njoku, Hooper, Felton for sure dropping passes. Think there were at least 1-2 more )Hooper might have had 2). all huge drops. DPJ gives us first down inside the 10. Another 2-3 were on 3rd down and ended drives. Landry fumble in their territory too.

He's under contract for 2022. Unless they find a better vet option (or we greatly improve after bye like last season) he goes into next year without a deal and they first see what he does healthy...hopefully with a decent WR added.

I wasn't doubting how many drops. I watched the game, but didn't see every single snap.

It's damn tough to properly judge Mayfield this season. He's playing through some stuff. And while I asked in a different comment should Mayfield still be playing right now a less than 100% Mayfield's probably still better than journeyman Keenum.

In two weeks basically the season will be decided when the Ravens play in Cleveland. If there's a must-win game it's the one coming up. And right on about getting some wr help. It's badly needed.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you definitely havent been paying attention.
I absolutely have. I watch a ton of college football. OU just gave up 37 points to a one dimensional offense with fluke Trash at QB in Spencer. The OU story is the same every year. Light up 45-50 PPG vs B12 fluke trash. Score 21-28 on the big stage with an elite opponent but give up 40-50 vs said elite opponent. Rinse. Repeat.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12

How you like Riley at USC? No doubt he'll have an easier path to the playoffs in the 12 Pac compared to the SEC.

And with Riley's coaching resume I see no reason why he doesn't turn things around pretty quick. I thought it was a great hire.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12

How you like Riley at USC? No doubt he'll have an easier path to the playoffs in the 12 Pac compared to the SEC.

And with Riley's coaching resume I see no reason why he doesn't turn things around pretty quick. I thought it was a great hire.
Not sure if Riley gets USC back to national title contention. But he's the best coach since Pete Carroll. At worst, he stocks the cupboards for the next HC. I wish I was a USC fan right now, I think he'll do great as Cali is a farmland of QBs along with athletes that Riley now gets first dibs on.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12

If you follow college football recruiting you’re already seeing that he’s the pied piper right now. OU’s class is decommitting left and right and many are now projected to USC. Timing was great for that from the perspective of the kids. If this happens 3 weeks from now, kids would have been locked into commitments during the early signing day 2 weeks from now.

Yet to be determined…can Riley recruit the OL and defense he needs to win big? To this point he hasn’t. Maybe he has better luck on that recruiting from USC.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if Riley gets USC back to national title contention. But he's the best coach since Pete Carroll. At worst, he stocks the cupboards for the next HC. I wish I was a USC fan right now, I think he'll do great as Cali is a farmland of QBs along with athletes that Riley now gets first dibs on.
This move really helps the PAC 12. I liken this to OSU signing Urban Meyer a few years ago. That launched a recovery for the whole B10 in the national perception after they had taken a competitive back seat to the B12 and SEC.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move really helps the PAC 12. I liken this to OSU signing Urban Meyer a few years ago. That launched a recovery for the whole B10 in the national perception after they had taken a competitive back seat to the B12 and SEC.
I'm thinking selfishly, right now Miami fans are clamoring for Mario Cristobal who's Oregon's HC. I think he's a B-hire (there are rare A hires), but he'd be a significant upgrade over Manny Diaz who's one of the worst HC's I've ever seen in all of football. People were wondering if Mario would leave Oregon since he has the conference locked up right now with his only challenge being Utah. That has now changed with Riley to USC.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he can get them back into national title contention. What's gonna help Riley in recruiting is he's coached to Heisman winners. Wouldn't be surprised if USC lands a top QB very soon.

And no doubt he's the best HC they've had since Carroll. Now the question is can he have similar success? USC fans should be excited.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you follow college football recruiting you’re already seeing that he’s the pied piper right now. OU’s class is decommitting left and right and many are now projected to USC. Timing was great for that from the perspective of the kids. If this happens 3 weeks from now, kids would have been locked into commitments during the early signing day 2 weeks from now.

Yet to be determined…can Riley recruit the OL and defense he needs to win big? To this point he hasn’t. Maybe he has better luck on that recruiting from USC.

I really don't follow recruiting closely outside of Ohio Sate. But always pay attention to the recruiting classes when it's over. And I'm not surprised OU already has players decommitting.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was never an Urban Meyer fan, I'm an Ohio State fan. He fucked up while in Columbus no doubt about that. But I'm grateful that he went 7-0 vs. that team in ann arbor and delivered a national championship.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what's gonna help Riley in recruiting is he's coached to Heisman winners. Wouldn't be surprised if USC lands a top QB very soon.

And no doubt he's the best HC they've had since Carroll. Now the question is can he have similar success? USC fans should be excited.
I agree. USC has a strong history with QBs coupled with Riley having two back-to-back Heisman's on his resume, it's almost a guaranty.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. USC has a strong history with QBs coupled with Riley having two back-to-back Heisman's on his resume, it's almost a guaranty.

N.D. fans gotta be like oh shit right about now. I see no reason why Riley won't be successful at USC.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking selfishly, right now Miami fans are clamoring for Mario Cristobal who's Oregon's HC. I think he's a B-hire (there are rare A hires), but he'd be a significant upgrade over Manny Diaz who's one of the worst HC's I've ever seen in all of football. People were wondering if Mario would leave Oregon since he has the conference locked up right now with his only challenge being Utah. That has now changed with Riley to USC.
No offense bro, but I think that Miami program is a black hole and needs to catch lightning in a bottle to turn the tide. Too much failure and a lack of commitment to success from administration. There’s a ton of competition for Florida recruits now. The fence they locked up around south Florida in the 80s 90s and even up to Butch Davis just doesn’t exist anymore.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 @ChiefsLakers67 Congrats on the Lincoln Riley hire. USC isn't playing around anymore. With the move, the Pac-12 circles back to USC being in control. I know quite a few OU fans and I told them the move to the SEC was not going to benefit OU in the long term and wasn't really surprised with Riley moving on.

I think I really like the hire, but I'm still kind of in shock and processing it. From the day Helton was fired until yesterday, the only time I remember Riley's name being mentioned was early on, some reporter tweeted asking if USC would go big and try to get someone like Lincoln Riley.

I'm amazed at how quietly this was done. Every coaching search since Carroll has been a circus. This was handled almost like USC has someone who knows what he's doing handling it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't follow recruiting closely outside of Ohio Sate. But always pay attention to the recruiting classes when it's over. And I'm not surprised OU already has players decommitting.

I imagine the transfer portal will be heating up as well...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88

You hear about this yet? Another player's daddy went to the social medias to rip the team.

Article from fansided- Kareem Hunt's dad throws Browns offense under the bus on facebook