• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any action were to be taken, it would be because you're the one trying to make it political.
Fuck it. I’ve got the time. In every sense, saying that somebody should speak the language is racist. Period. The End. No discussion needed.

Do whatever the fuck you want. It’s not gonna change the fact- that’s a racist comment. It’s not gonna change the fact that the moderators on this message board let racist shit fly on these boards all the time.

No matter how many bans you glorified hall monitors issue it won’t change the truth.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other teams not having someone who can do that, doesn't mean it violates fair play. Other teams are welcome to find/develop players who can do the same.
Him pitching doesn’t violate fair play. Changing a rule to the benefit of one team and one player violates fair play.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Wilt Chamberlain shouldn't be allowed to play in the NBA because 7 footers who are also great athletes aren't falling out of trees. - funbagz in the 50's

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 168,827.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t worry about it. You can say racist shit all day long and I’ll be the guy who gets action taken against my account because I call the “speak the language!” Guy a racist.
I would never condone that. Nothing racist about what I’m saying. Americans that make their living in other countries should learn the language of the people there.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 168,827.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute. I thought Ohtani said he wasn't aware of that guy stealing from him.

If that's incorrect my bad. But don't recall seeing any stories of him having knowledge of what was going on.
Oh yeah, I’m not saying he knew, just that it happened.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it. I’ve got the time. In every sense, saying that somebody should speak the language is racist. Period. The End. No discussion needed.

Do whatever the fuck you want. It’s not gonna change the fact- that’s a racist comment. It’s not gonna change the fact that the moderators on this message board let racist shit fly on these boards all the time.

No matter how many bans you glorified hall monitors issue it won’t change the truth.

No it isn't. There's absolutely nothing wrong with saying someone should learn the language of the country they are living and working in. In fact, it would be wise to do just that. It would make things a lot easier for them.

If I moved to another country to live and work...I'd immediately start doing my best to learn the language.

You thinking that it is racist doesn't make it so.

If you don't like posting here, the interwebz is a big place and there are lots of other chat sites.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Wilt Chamberlain shouldn't be allowed to play in the NBA because 7 footers who are also great athletes aren't falling out of trees. - funbagz in the 50's
When you need to misrepresent what I’ve said, I’ve already won the argument

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a lot more nativist than racist. I suspect @thunderc would say the same thing about an Italian or Spanish or Russian sports star who refused to learn basic English if they played a while in the US.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you need to misrepresent what I’ve said, I’ve already won the argument
You lost the argument though. It's not "unfair" that one team has a great player of a type that other teams are free to try to find.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry your case is not proven.
Of course it’s not. It’s an opinion. You’re just mailing it in today. Not much effort from you. We’ve seen league change rules to reel in talent for competitive balance. It’s not common that you see rules bent to violate competitive balance and grant one team an advantage.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him pitching doesn’t violate fair play. Changing a rule to the benefit of one team and one player violates fair play.
The rule applies to all the teams. Now they have even more incentive to find players like that. It would be cool if more pitchers hit, since the DH made that pretty much go away and I suspect you weren't happy about that either. I liked having it in one league and not the other, more interesting variety.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost the argument though. It's not "unfair" that one team has a great player of a type that other teams are free to try to find.
I didn’t say it was unfair that Ohtani is a great player. I said it’s unfair to change existing rules so one team and one player can benefit when the same benefit isn’t available to others.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it’s not. It’s an opinion. You’re just mailing it in today. Not much effort from you. We’ve seen league change rules to reel in talent for competitive balance. It’s not common that you see rules bent to violate competitive balance and grant one team an advantage.
Are you still doing that gay ass trolling crap with me? We've been chatting a long time, why do you bother with that weak shit? Save it for the newbs.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say it was unfair that Ohtani is a great player. I said it’s unfair to change existing rules so one team and one player can benefit when the same benefit isn’t available to others.
It's available to all 30 teams.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule applies to all the teams.
“Men can get abortions too if they want!”

Are you hearing it yet? Ohtani is a unicorn. Why do we use that phrase in sports? This whole “it applies to everybody” line of argumentation is misleading to the very core.
Now they have even more incentive to find players like that. It would be cool if more pitchers hit, since the DH made that pretty much go away and I suspect you weren't happy about that either.
Pitchers could never hit. It isn’t because they weren’t incentivized.
I liked having it in one league and not the other, more interesting variety.
Neat.