• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you still doing that gay ass trolling crap with me? We've been chatting a long time, why do you bother with that weak shit? Save it for the newbs.
I’m being serious. It was a compliment. You’re usually better. Maybe it’s because you chose the shitty side of the argument this time.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Men can get abortions too if they want!”

Are you hearing it yet? Ohtani is a unicorn. Why do we use that phrase in sports? This whole “it applies to everybody” line of argumentation is misleading to the very core.

Pitchers could never hit. It isn’t because they weren’t incentivized.

Neat.
It's not 'misleading' to say other teams get to find pitchers who can hit. Ohtani is unique now, no reason he will be the only one.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a lot more nativist than racist. I suspect @thunderc would say the same thing about an Italian or Spanish or Russian sports star who refused to learn basic English if they played a while in the US.

I can speak a tiny bit of Spanish because in my younger days I used to go to Mexico almost every weekend. I learned how to speak just enough Spanish to order food and haggle a little bit with the folks who ran the little curio shops. It made things a little easier for me and they always seemed to appreciate the effort.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can speak a tiny bit of Spanish because in my younger days I used to go to Mexico almost every weekend. I learned how to speak just enough Spanish to order food and haggle a little bit with the folks who ran the little curio shops. It made things a little easier for me and they always seemed to appreciate the effort.
I don't know if this is the case with Ohtani, but many high level sports stars deliberately downplay how much English they can speak so they can keep another layer of distance from the press and fans. Run everything through interpreters so they don't have to get into it, and also to prevent misunderstanding...if they know a little English they could have problems with understanding questions or making their answers clear.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say it was unfair that Ohtani is a great player. I said it’s unfair to change existing rules so one team and one player can benefit when the same benefit isn’t available to others.

So, rules shouldn't evolve as the game does?

What are your thoughts on the forward pass in football, Gramps?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, I’m not saying he knew, just that it happened.

If that's what you meant you sure worded it wrong. That's why I asked. Because this sounds like you're implying Ohtani knew what was going on.

Oh he’s truly great, learn to speak the language from where you are making your money. Make an effort at least. ->Then you don’t need an interpreter to gamble your money away.<-

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right here ^^^^, we're past this with the regulars here. Give it a rest, angry elf. We're just talking sports.
My bad. I’m probably still a little fired up over my 2 week ban for calling a poster a fag when the mod is telling me he’s mocking me for my gay argument.

Hard to keep track of which rules apply to which posters.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. I’m probably still a little fired up over my 2 week ban for calling a poster a fag when the mod is telling me he’s mocking me for my gay argument.

You cry more than anyone on this board and almost as much as anyone on the PF. We know the tremendous hurt you've suffered at the hands of the mods here, because you never shut up about it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My bad. “Ghey” argument cause then it’s not gay. It’s just clever like that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is they can call it when they want. The Browns got called for holding on their final drive 3 straight plays. Started at the 20 and backed up to the 50. Would KC ever have this happen to them? No way in hell. This is the league and it will never change. This is why it is easiest the sport to rig by a long mile. They can make a call without any repercussion even if it was somewhat close. They don’t have to explain a missed hold, they can make a hold at any time bc it happens almost every play.
while I don't think it's rigged these are some good points. Just an incredibly tough sport to ref as hard to see everything.

Wouldn't mind if they at some point figured out there is a major hold on Myles every play though.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 168,827.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's what you meant you sure worded it wrong. That's why I asked. Because this sounds like you're implying Ohtani knew what was going on.
Yeah I just meant that the interpretor gambled some of his money away.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, not so much in baseball, but in every other sport then.

And how do they determine who they are going to cheat for? Do the leagues hold a meeting with the refs before the season? Send out a memo?

I mean, I know there are certain teams that everyone says they cheat for like the Lakers, Cowboys, etc. But the Lakers haven't been to the finals since 2020 and before that, missed the playoffs a couple of times (even with Lebron on the team)...the Cowboys haven't won since the '90's.

The Chiefs weren't a good team for decades, but now the refs apparently cheat for them. Is it just their turn? Did they win some kind of secret lottery?
Not sure I've ever received an answer to the question you are asking from that crowd. I'd also like to know who is the mastermind behind the cheating and why?

could you see it in a meeting they decide they want to fix the NBA for a certain team to win and Mark Cuban just says, "that's cool......whatever's best for the league. Just wont be our year I guess."