• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why I can appreciate the Sashi Brown era. whatever one thinks about him (and Depodesta) they were willing to do what no so-called football guy would before them. Complete teardown. No more signing the Donte Whitners of the world to maybe win an extra game or 2.

Allowed Dorsey to walk into arguably the best situation ever for a GM.....picks 1, 4, 33, 35 and 65 (might have been another 2nd) in a loaded draft.....$100 mil+ in cap room.......no bad contracts. The football guy blew it.
I do give Sashi Brown credit---- but I do not think what he did was difficult beside having the discipline- which maybe is difficult.

Dorsey did blow a ton of capital. OBJ deal was terrible for instance. Baker over Allen (though the other QB's all failed) He did draft Chubb and traded for Teller which was good.

Thus far I do like our moves--- bringing back Smith at a reasonable deal- bringing back Hurst at a VERY reasonable deal- and bringing in Hicks- who will be an upgrade over TakiTaki and Anthony WAlker.

The d-line is looking solid again--- still needs some depth at DT--- but I love the DE group of Garrett, Smith, Okoronkwo and Wright.

Hicks and JOK is a very nice start to the linebacking core....defense just needs some d-line depth...we got our WR...not a whole lot they need to be honest beside figure out RB and adding some young talent to the o-line MAYBE

O-line is so intriguing with the Browns--- they have 3 legit offensive tackles in Wills, Conklin and Jones. Bitonio and Teller are one of the best pairs of guards in the league. Pocic is a solid center--- but some of these guys have had some injury issues and age---- so I wouldnt spend too much cap space or our 2nd rounder on o-line but if they could get an interior lineman in the 3rd or 4th round like they did with Jones? That would be nice. Centers go later in the draft- they could get a solid center or guard in the 3rd or 4th.

They honestly could go anyhwere with their 2nd rounder- even RB- maybe linebacker-.....they probably need another TE too actually- though I think Njoku is a rounding into a top 5 TE- if he is not there already.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years 23.5 for Zadarious Smith- considering some of these other deals- is pretty damn solid.

Browns needed a higher end #2 defensive end- and to get him back is great

Garrett is of course the man. Zadarious, Okoronkwo and Wright is a very good #2, #3, and #4 for the position. Hurst and Tomlinson not a bad start to the middle but need more there.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guy Tyrod headed to the Jets to back up Rodgers. Watch him end up playing more games than A-Aron

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,796.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina and Cinci were talking about a trade most of the day yesterday. Looks like the Panthers want Tee Higgins.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,796.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry to the Ravens is an upgrade for them.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina and Cinci were talking about a trade most of the day yesterday. Looks like the Panthers want Tee Higgins.

That trade last year is just a disaster