• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs don’t reach free agency unless they suck.

Cousins is solid.

And he has now reached free agency twice.

That is wild.
and this time got 9 figures coming off a torn ACL (or some major injury)?

Wow

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do give Sashi Brown credit---- but I do not think what he did was difficult beside having the discipline- which maybe is difficult.

Dorsey did blow a ton of capital. OBJ deal was terrible for instance. Baker over Allen (though the other QB's all failed) He did draft Chubb and traded for Teller which was good.

Thus far I do like our moves--- bringing back Smith at a reasonable deal- bringing back Hurst at a VERY reasonable deal- and bringing in Hicks- who will be an upgrade over TakiTaki and Anthony WAlker.

The d-line is looking solid again--- still needs some depth at DT--- but I love the DE group of Garrett, Smith, Okoronkwo and Wright.

Hicks and JOK is a very nice start to the linebacking core....defense just needs some d-line depth...we got our WR...not a whole lot they need to be honest beside figure out RB and adding some young talent to the o-line MAYBE

O-line is so intriguing with the Browns--- they have 3 legit offensive tackles in Wills, Conklin and Jones. Bitonio and Teller are one of the best pairs of guards in the league. Pocic is a solid center--- but some of these guys have had some injury issues and age---- so I wouldnt spend too much cap space or our 2nd rounder on o-line but if they could get an interior lineman in the 3rd or 4th round like they did with Jones? That would be nice. Centers go later in the draft- they could get a solid center or guard in the 3rd or 4th.

They honestly could go anyhwere with their 2nd rounder- even RB- maybe linebacker-.....they probably need another TE too actually- though I think Njoku is a rounding into a top 5 TE- if he is not there already.
That's definitely the main issue with other so-called football guys before him. Didn't have the stomach to do what was so badly needed. But is it easier to do that than to try and win within 2-3 years? Sure. But they did it and did it well looking at what Dorsey walked into. Chubb a great pick...but even that Sashi deserves some credit as they came up with the at that time unheard of NBA style move to take on Osweiler AND a 2nd rounder for basically nothing (2nd rounder was Chubb).

Guessing you've since heard we signed Winston to be the #2....Like Flacco, in sense can throw the deep ball and maybe gets picked too much. Hope we never see him play but not a bad #2.

As to our moves so far? Yeah, decent. Nothing earth shattering. I guess at some point it becomes tough to bring in the big name guys and the biggest goal is just figure out how to keep our best players.....so far I cannot think of anyone they would have badly wanted to keep who they let go in their 3+ seasons.

Hicks seems like a decent replacement for Walker. Seems like DC following the Belichick model he had here (when he brought in Banks, Johnson, etc) and likely still uses. Bring in guys who know his system. He was with Hicks, I believe, in Philly?....lost Takitaki so likely need another LB in FA and/or draft.

I am curious what they do at OL...or at least with the 3 OTs. agree could go almost anywhere with the 2nd.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's definitely the main issue with other so-called football guys before him. Didn't have the stomach to do what was so badly needed. But is it easier to do that than to try and win within 2-3 years? Sure. But they did it and did it well looking at what Dorsey walked into. Chubb a great pick...but even that Sashi deserves some credit as they came up with the at that time unheard of NBA style move to take on Osweiler AND a 2nd rounder for basically nothing (2nd rounder was Chubb).

Guessing you've since heard we signed Winston to be the #2....Like Flacco, in sense can throw the deep ball and maybe gets picked too much. Hope we never see him play but not a bad #2.

As to our moves so far? Yeah, decent. Nothing earth shattering. I guess at some point it becomes tough to bring in the big name guys and the biggest goal is just figure out how to keep our best players.....so far I cannot think of anyone they would have badly wanted to keep who they let go in their 3+ seasons.

Hicks seems like a decent replacement for Walker. Seems like DC following the Belichick model he had here (when he brought in Banks, Johnson, etc) and likely still uses. Bring in guys who know his system. He was with Hicks, I believe, in Philly?....lost Takitaki so likely need another LB in FA and/or draft.

I am curious what they do at OL...or at least with the 3 OTs. agree could go almost anywhere with the 2nd.

My vote would be go corner and trade Newsome. Or go WR because at minimum Jeudy sucks and we move on or we bite the bullet and move from Coop (which would suck)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote would be go corner and trade Newsome. Or go WR because at minimum Jeudy sucks and we move on or we bite the bullet and move from Coop (which would suck)
I could see moving Newsome if an offer they cannot refuse and/or have a replacement in mind......but still not very expensive this year and only Ward makes big money in the CB room. Seems likely he will eventually be moved once he is due big money as cannot pay 3 CBs big money (MJ will get it eventually).

But I could see CB being the choice either way. Can make a strong case to go WR, for sure.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Harris resigned. Keeping the band together. I like it....now teach them to play D on the road.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better trade Newsome soon but I think at best they get a mid-round pick, maybe late round pick for him. Berry hits on CB's in the draft or like you said, go WR. You can never have too many WR's and Jeudy is likely a one-year rental.

I think they definitely need to address OL and LB too

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and this time got 9 figures coming off a torn ACL (or some major injury)?

Wow

Good for him. Always liked Kirk Cousins.

Commanders did him dirty, but it worked out for the best for Kirk. Glad to see it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry must haven refused to re-sign with the Titans and wants to win a SB. Because for the price he ended up signing for, the Titans definitely should have ponied up. He's still a good back. Just needs better line play