• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other side of this:
Once you get the top 10 QB and he slots for 50-60 mil, you now have a single contract you can use to manipulate cap and kick the can down the road. Watch how quickly the Browns are able to do shenanigans to open up cap because of the way they structured Watson. On a year by year basis, they have the ability to rework his stuff to free up what’s needed. Some years that could be 8 million some years 15 million etc… When the market doesn’t look like it’s strong they can use those years to pay off more of the Watson cap nut.
Yep....just willing to have an owner who will pay a ton of upfront cash.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move on from Chubb, easy call

Titans letting Conklin go is still haunting them to this day

What a horrible horrible franchise
Do you mean now move on from Chubb or down road? Obviously will eventually. I'd be shocked if we simply released him, though. He's not just any guy to this franchise.

I did/do like the Conklin signing but with Jones he might be easier to replace than Chubb if one or the other.

Then again, if Chubb cannot play that goes out the window.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins defensive players dropping like flies

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why I think you need consistency in the front office. GMs need a decade. Sometimes you need to make a mistake or move backwards to fix a situation long term. Sometimes the smart move is we know we won’t win but we are preparing to do so 2-3 years from now with a 4-5 year window with multiple swings. The knee jerk organizations like Carolina and others will always fail.
Why I can appreciate the Sashi Brown era. whatever one thinks about him (and Depodesta) they were willing to do what no so-called football guy would before them. Complete teardown. No more signing the Donte Whitners of the world to maybe win an extra game or 2.

Allowed Dorsey to walk into arguably the best situation ever for a GM.....picks 1, 4, 33, 35 and 65 (might have been another 2nd) in a loaded draft.....$100 mil+ in cap room.......no bad contracts. The football guy blew it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will pay Nick this year. So much will depend on how he plays

Again...the only running back in NFL history to average 5 yards 5 years in a row. That's nuts. But an ACL later....prob not the same guy.
while I'd normally say this regime would not let emotion/feelings matter guessing they are sincere when they say it will be different for Nick. Somehow they will do right by him. Maybe a restructure with a year or 2 added? Doubt in a hurry.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean now move on from Chubb or down road? Obviously will eventually. I'd be shocked if we simply released him, though. He's not just any guy to this franchise.

I did/do like the Conklin signing but with Jones he might be easier to replace than Chubb if one or the other.

Then again, if Chubb cannot play that goes out the window.

Prior comment said they’d have to pick between Chubb and konk

Never pick the rb for another deal, especially a third deal

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds and data aren’t on your side with a RB on the back end. Browns are better off leaving well enough alone. I get it. You’re a fan and you’re looking at a great football player you don’t want to see him move on. Now he’s coming off a knee AND you have that data of what these guys will be on the back end? If you have to choose between OT and RB, you need to go OT. Bad franchises will make the choice for the sexy more recognized player from the fan base. Not good.
I really don't think this regime cares what fans think (last regime did).......but I think THEY feel Chubb's a different case. doubt they'd give him any kind of crazy money. Maybe a restructure where he'll get minimum this season as salary and an extra year or 2 tacked on. Little longet than you'd want for a RB at age 30-31 by the end.

A healthy Conklin and no one else to play OT makes things different if it's one or other.......but Conklin also coming back from major injury (guessing he may also restructure, though) and they seem to like Jones (also coming back from injury).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Conklin will be the same either fwiw.

This is almost assuredly the last year Nick is a Brown.
I'd say a little early to be so sure about that as long as he comes back and plays. Just doesn't seem like the type who has ever cared about getting the last dollar or even close. Guess we'll see....but may not know anything until camp.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior comment said they’d have to pick between Chubb and konk

Never pick the rb for another deal, especially a third deal
I mean, Conklin also coming off a major injury and they have another young OT they seem to love or at least like a lot. But I don't think it's either or. I think they might restructure both.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Conklin also coming off a major injury and they have another young OT they seem to love or at least like a lot. But I don't think it's either or. I think they might restructure both.

Didn’t realize konk was also hurt

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is year 2 for $30 mil, as well (with the 10 guaranteed)?
Havent seen those details, just that first is 30 fully guaranteed and total deal is 115 max with 50 guaranteed

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans sign a RB that pretty much plays the same way as the one they already had in Spears. :L Better not being a bunch of guarantees involved

Also, Minny is kinda fucked at QB now, no? Unlikely Chicago will trade Fields to them in division, not in a position to draft a guy unless they move up (though I do like Penix and think a team is gonna get a steal on him in the late 1st/early 2nd), and other options are off the board. Even someone like Gardner Minshew went to the Raiders. Could maybe ride things out with a Brissett or Tannehill

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans sign a RB that pretty much plays the same way as the one they already had in Spears. :L Better not being a bunch of guarantees involved

Also, Minny is kinda fucked at QB now, no? Unlikely Chicago will trade Fields to them in division, not in a position to draft a guy unless they move up (though I do like Penix and think a team is gonna get a steal on him in the late 1st/early 2nd), and other options are off the board. Even someone like Gardner Minshew went to the Raiders. Could maybe ride things out with a Brissett or Tannehill
or Flacco? Though still hope we bring him back.....but that's a chance to start so I would certainly get that choice for him.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Decent buy low opportunity

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Darnold goes to Denver and Tanneyhill to Minnesota.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or Flacco? Though still hope we bring him back.....but that's a chance to start so I would certainly get that choice for him.

Jerry Jeudy + a few picks for Tee Higgins seems legit to me.