• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What were Okafor's excuses in college when he won just about everything?

And looking up his NBA stats his career got off to a decent start. 15 & 10 + ROY. And averaged a double-double his first five years in the league.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been discussed on all of the talk shows this morning.
It’s a juicy story that’s why. There’s Carton implying that one of the players was sleeping with another player’s girl. There’s a local guy claiming that Dom kept Sirriani on a leash with his outbursts. Blah blah blah.

Here’s the real:
1. The 10-1 was a mirage of both schedule and catching some breaks.
2. They lost both coordinators and the guys that replaced them were in over their heads and promoted too quickly.
3. They lacked the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s on defense.
4. Jalen Hurts took a step back.
5. Sirianni is a vibes and culture guy and not a great football mind. When things started to spiral he didn’t possess the ability to right the ship and get things back on track.

Or we can go with:
1. An entire locker room is divided because a player fucked another player’s girl and the locker room picked sides.
2. Big Dom was the key and him not being around Sirianni for 3 hours during a game created irreparable harm in relationships despite the fact that Dom was still employed and around the team every day.

It’s all just juicy soap opera shit that sells with media. People are just trying to come up with anything to explain them losing 6 of their last 7. If any of this is even true it isn’t root cause stuff. The stuff I listed above is the root cause stuff. This other stuff is no more than gas on an existing fire.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were Okafor's excuses in college when he won just about everything?
He was big. He was never a plus offensive player.
And looking up his NBA stats his career got off to a decent start. 15 & 10 + ROY. And averaged a double-double his first five years in the league.
Playing minutes on a garbage team. You’re really reaching when you have to say “Look at the guy’s rookie year! It was his best year and none of the others were particularly close”.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really wasn’t

Was only like 6-9 playing c
Playing in a conference where an All American Big is a 6’7’’ fat kid from Pitt who also had no semblance of a pro career. If Okafor was really any good he doesn’t play in college for 3 years.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was big. He was never a plus offensive player.

Playing minutes on a garbage team. You’re really reaching when you have to say “Look at the guy’s rookie year! It was his best year and none of the others were particularly close”.

What about his college career? Seems you don't wanna acknowledge that. Just keep telling yourself he was a garbage player in college and the pros.

I didn't proclaim him any type of great player. But you're acting like he was pure garbage in the NBA. Hell for a # 2 picks his career started off a helluva lot better than # 1 pick Markell Fultz. Who drafted him again instead of Tatum? I wanna thank you for that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about his college career? Seems you don't wanna acknowledge that. Just keep telling yourself he was a garbage player in college and the pros.
I didn’t call him a garbage college player. I called him an overdrafted college player who was just a guy in the NBA.
I didn't proclaim him any type of great player. But you're acting like he was pure garbage in the NBA. Hell for a # 2 picks his career started off a helluva lot better than # 1 pick Markell Fultz. Who drafted him again instead of Tatum? I wanna thank you for that.
All this does is say that you’re angry. You need to work on that. Fultz was a colossal bust. I’ve never said any differently.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t call him a garbage college player. I called him an overdrafted college player who was just a guy in the NBA. <--

All this does is say that you’re angry. You need to work on that. Fultz was a colossal bust. I’ve never said any differently.

The "you're angry" nonsense again. Always expected from you.

I forgot that when someone says something to you that you don't like it somehow equals anger. That has never made any sense.

And what's wrong, you off yer troll game today? Well get ready to get ready!!!

That Fultz shot was all about phuck philly and nothing else. You really couldn't figure that out? When always injured Embiid (my new nickname for him) returns better wrap him up in bubble wrap so he doesn't get another boo-boo and miss even more games.

If you gots the issues with a Celtics fan takin' some shots at the 76ers then you don't understand what a rivalry is.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a juicy story that’s why. There’s Carton implying that one of the players was sleeping with another player’s girl. There’s a local guy claiming that Dom kept Sirriani on a leash with his outbursts. Blah blah blah.

Here’s the real:
2. They lost both coordinators and the guys that replaced them were in over their heads and promoted too quickly.
5. Sirianni is a vibes and culture guy and not a great football mind. When things started to spiral he didn’t possess the ability to right the ship and get things back on track.

Or we can go with:
1. An entire locker room is divided because a player fucked another player’s girl and the locker room picked sides.
2. Big Dom was the key and him not being around Sirianni for 3 hours during a game created irreparable harm in relationships despite the fact that Dom was still employed and around the team every day.

It’s all just juicy soap opera shit that sells with media. People are just trying to come up with anything to explain them losing 6 of their last 7. If any of this is even true it isn’t root cause stuff. The stuff I listed above is the root cause stuff. This other stuff is no more than gas on an existing fire.

What you posted makes more sense, but the other story is more fun.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "you're angry" nonsense again. Always expected from you.

I forgot that when someone says something to you that you don't like it somehow equals anger. That has never made any sense.
Nah. It’s just when you do what you always do.
Me: Okafor was over drafted and he wasn’t overlooked to prop up Jameer Nelson. Nelson proved he was the better basketball player when he showed he was a better NBA player.
You: You said Okafor was garbage! You said Jokic was garbage! What about Markelle Fultz the guy who has nothing to do with any of this!

Don’t make up shit and put words in my mouth and we won’t have a problem. You do this on the politics board as well. You always misrepresent what others have actually said. You create strawmen that are easily knocked down instead of reacting to what someone actually said.
And what's wrong, you off yer troll game today? Well get ready to get ready!!!

That Fultz shot was all about phuck philly and nothing else. You really couldn't figure that out?
Of course I figured it out. That’s why I referenced your anger because you interjected nonsense into the equation.
When always injured Embiid (my new nickname for him) returns better wrap him up in bubble wrap so he doesn't get another boo-boo and miss even more games.
You mean the guy who has as many championships as the Celtics does during the course of his career?
If you gots the issues with a Celtics fan takin' some shots at the 76ers then you don't understand what a rivalry is.
I thought we were just talking about Emeka Okafor. I didn’t know that you have sexual yearnings for me. I’m flattered but I don’t see you in that way.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you posted makes more sense, but the other story is more fun.
That’s why it gets all the clicks and why for the next year I’ll have people telling me on this board shit like “Oh yeah! Well, AJ Brown fucked Hurts girl!”

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. It’s just when you do what you always do.
Me: Okafor was over drafted and he wasn’t overlooked to prop up Jameer Nelson. Nelson proved he was the better basketball player when he showed he was a better NBA player.
You: You said Okafor was garbage! You said Jokic was garbage! What about Markelle Fultz the guy who has nothing to do with any of this!

Don’t make up shit and put words in my mouth and we won’t have a problem. You do this on the politics board as well. You always misrepresent what others have actually said. You create strawmen that are easily knocked down instead of reacting to what someone actually said.

Of course I figured it out. That’s why I referenced your anger because you interjected nonsense into the equation.

You mean the guy who has as many championships as the Celtics does during the course of his career?

I thought we were just talking about Emeka Okafor. I didn’t know that you have sexual yearnings for me. I’m flattered but I don’t see you in that way.

That's alotta blah-blah-blah. You wanna kleenex?

Since yer boy Embiid can never stay healthy wonder if he'd like to borrow Paul Pierce's autographed 2008 Finals wheelchair?

If you think this will be the last time I make fun of always injured Embiid and your dumbass 76ers you're in for a disappointment.

Funny story. So far Embiid's been a 7-foot disappointment. Is he made of brittle plastic?

#broken-bitch

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's alotta blah-blah-blah. You wanna kleenex?
Yes. Thank you.
Since yer boy Embiid can never stay healthy wonder if he'd like to borrow Paul Pierce's autographed 2008 Finals wheelchair?
He says he declined because Paul shit his pants and the chair is now permanently sullied with the stank ass.
If you think this will be the last time I make fun of always injured Embiid and your dumbass 76ers you're in for a disappointment.
And it’s always such rapier wit you put on display! Thank you so much for not withholding your talents from us. We all wait with bated breath anticipating your next highly esteemed post.
Funny story. So far Embiid's been a 7-foot disappointment. Is he made of brittle plastic?
In no way is the man a disappointment. Yikes. He’s a multi-millionaire and reigning MVP of inside his industry. If Embiid is a disappointment then that makes you a pimple on the asshole of humanity.
#broken-bitch
I wouldn’t say that you’re broken. You just lack talent and ability. There’s no shame in being average and like everybody else. If it weren’t for basic bitches like you, I would have no context for others to recognize that I’m exceptional.

Dont get bitter. Get better.

IMG_4049.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here’s the real:

Or we can go with:

and the DB's are old and becoming ineffective. It is a young man's game- and DB's more than anything else are fast-twitch. Ill guarantee you the Eagles put the most resources into the defensive backfield this offseason. Not being able to guard the pass in todays NFL is a death knell.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw today that Johhny Manziel is only 31.....lol....

what a loser.

honestly- Tim Couch is the Browns QB that I feel the worst for- he could have been good if not for coming to an expansion team that was just awful. But- my sympathy only goes so far as he did marry Heather Kozar

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the DB's are old and becoming ineffective. It is a young man's game- and DB's more than anything else are fast-twitch. Ill guarantee you the Eagles put the most resources into the defensive backfield this offseason. Not being able to guard the pass in todays NFL is a death knell.
It wasn’t just the DBs. The LBs were worse. The only player that fits your comment is Bradford. Slay wasn’t targeted much at all and held up very well. The middle of the field (safety, slot corner, LB) was where the Eagles defense was victimized.