• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know about him. Great athleticism and he can make plays, but he looked very unpolished as a QB. I think he may struggle to process through reads. I like the incoming FR QB as a prospect a bunch. I’m hoping CJ Carr wins the job.

That would be awful for my fantasy team

So…die? Lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be awful for my fantasy team

So…die? Lol

Did you watch PTI today?

Heard the craziest UConn stat. They haven't beaten a ranked opponent on the road during the regular season in 10 years.

That hasn't stopped them from March Madness success. They gotta have at least two titles in the last 10 years.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch PTI today?

Heard the craziest UConn stat. They haven't beaten a ranked opponent on the road during the regular season in 10 years.

That hasn't stopped them from March Madness success. They gotta have at least two titles in the last 10 years.

They are great on neutral courts…

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch PTI today?

All the historically strong franchises left their conference. AAC/Big East is a creampuff conference compared to the power conferences these days.

How many games like that have they played in those 10 years where they held the better rank? I count 3 since 2015 in a quick look, 2 this year (not counting March Madness). They technically SHOULD lose games on the road to better ranked opponents, correct?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch PTI today?

All the historically strong franchises left their conference. AAC/Big East is a creampuff conference compared to the power conferences these days.

How many games like that have they played in those 10 years where they held the better rank? I count 3 since 2015 in a quick look, 2 this year (not counting March Madness). They technically SHOULD lose games on the road to better ranked opponents, correct?

let’s not forget they haven’t been very good during most of the last decade

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags hear anything new about an opponent for that opening game in Brazil? saw an article saying seems like a really good chance it's the Browns. Pretty much ruled out your NFC opponents as well as the Jags and Carolina (who each have games out of country already). Going by memory that leaves Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Atlanta and GB. said steelers would draw a huge crowd so it wont be them and said Browns would not be such a big crowd, Is that even true as would think Philly will sell out all home games, no....plus, as I think you mentioned once, good chance Browns only come there once every 8 years?

I didn't really want it - not that I get a say - as I like sunday games, but I guess making a road game neutral site wouldn't be terrible.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are great on neutral courts…

Who's considered the greatest Huskie of all time? Gonna go with Ray Allen because of when he did in the NBA. Isn't there a current UConn guy that won two titles in the league right now?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's considered the greatest Huskie of all time? Gonna go with Ray Allen because of when he did in the NBA. Isn't there a current UConn guy that won two titles in the league right now?

In the NBA, yes. As a Husky, some other names are in the discussion (Rip Hamilton, Kemba Walker, Donyell Marshall, etc) in the modern era. Can't speak to the older eras.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NBA, yes. As a Husky, some other names are in the discussion (Rip Hamilton, Kemba Walker, Donyell Marshall, etc) in the modern era. Can't speak to the older eras.

Without looking things up didn't Emeka Okafor have a really good career at UConn?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags hear anything new about an opponent for that opening game in Brazil? saw an article saying seems like a really good chance it's the Browns. Pretty much ruled out your NFC opponents as well as the Jags and Carolina (who each have games out of country already). Going by memory that leaves Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Atlanta and GB. said steelers would draw a huge crowd so it wont be them and said Browns would not be such a big crowd, Is that even true as would think Philly will sell out all home games, no....plus, as I think you mentioned once, good chance Browns only come there once every 8 years?

I didn't really want it - not that I get a say - as I like sunday games, but I guess making a road game neutral site wouldn't be terrible.
Haven’t heard. I was thinking one of the NFC South teams.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lot of opinions on that

Bazz won 2 titles

One as kembas backup and one on his own

Meka was a poy by some awards and was robbed by the laughable jammer Nelson vote of another poy award That title year

Kemba is probably the betting favorite if I had to guess

But if you include nba career it’s Ray

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hells going on in Philly?

Locker room fell apart because Dom wasn't there to keep Sirianni from picking fights with his players and coaches?

Gotta be the most Philly thing ever.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of opinions on that

Bazz won 2 titles

Meka was a poy by some awards and was robbed by the laughable jammer Nelson vote of another poy award That title year

Can't remember his name but who was the PG for the Huskies when they beat dook for the title in '99?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without looking things up didn't Emeka Okafor have a really good career at UConn?

Sure. Cliff Robinson was one of the early stars for Jim Calhoun as well. Caron Butler, Ben Gordon, Rudy Gay, Hasheem Thabeet...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember his name but who was the PG for the Huskies when they beat dook for the title in '99?

El Amin

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Cliff Robinson was one of the early stars for Jim Calhoun as well. Caron Butler, Ben Gordon, Rudy Gay, Hasheem Thabeet...

Clifford Robinson and Chris smith are not the best players, but two of the most implant in UConn history

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of opinions on that

Bazz won 2 titles

Nelson proved he was the better basketball player in the NBA with a much better pro career. Meka was just another over-drafted lumbering Big in the NBA. He was great in college because he had size playing against people smaller than he was. UConn would have still been great without Okafor. That’s a given when guys like Calhoun just bought players at that time. St Joseph’s isn’t supposed to earn a 1 seed in the modern college game and Nelson is the only reason they did. Okafor isn’t even worthy of carrying Jameer’s gym bag.