• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranger Suarez for dynasty @fightinfunbags

yay or nay
Man, I really don’t know much about rotisserie baseball and the scoring. I’ll just describe the guy I’ve seen. 2 out of every 3 starts he’s a plus pitcher. He doesn’t go deep in games. He’s a 5 inning guy. He is a 1.3 guy WHIP but he’s been very good pitching out of jams. I think he had an off year last year after pitching a career high in innings the year before. Unless the Phils make a move for one of these pitchers that aren’t signed yet, he’s slotted to be the 3rd starter. My guess from playing fantasy football is that it’s all about where you take him. He likely has some value toward the back end of your draft. Not fantasy but he’s proven to be a big game pitcher. He seems to pitch better when the playoffs start. Good luck. Hope that helps.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I really don’t know much about rotisserie baseball and the scoring. I’ll just describe the guy I’ve seen. 2 out of every 3 starts he’s a plus pitcher. He doesn’t go deep in games. He’s a 5 inning guy. He is a 1.3 guy WHIP but he’s been very good pitching out of jams. I think he had an off year last year after pitching a career high in innings the year before. Unless the Phils make a move for one of these pitchers that aren’t signed yet, he’s slotted to be the 3rd starter. My guess from playing fantasy football is that it’s all about where you take him. He likely has some value toward the back end of your draft. Not fantasy but he’s proven to be a big game pitcher. He seems to pitch better when the playoffs start. Good luck. Hope that helps.

I went with it

that FIP from 21 sold me.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who want to know for their nightly wagers, Mitchell is out again tonight.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s true, hopefully a rogue judge and it gets slapped down

NCAA is a totally worthless organization though.

There has to be rules of some kind.

But a shift toward more freedoms for student athletes have been a long time coming.

And NCAA has always done a terrible job enforcing rules that are in place.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But a shift toward more freedoms for student athletes have been a long time coming.

I agree but they have to get a handle on things somehow. I think the only reason the ncaa still exists is all the money they make on the basketball tournament.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, having the wild, wild west isn't good. They just need competent oversight which the NCAA has never provided.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranger Suarez for dynasty @fightinfunbags

yay or nay
ask me any baseball questions- regardless of team- especially fantasy baseballl.

so dynasty - what are the rules? are you drafting? what type of scoring? roto or head to head?

My league is an auction kind of semi-dynasty where you get 8 keepers at 5$ more than the previous year- plus a minor league draft and you are allowed 5 minor league players.....not that I assume you care- but it is an extremely competitive league going since 2006--- some years its 14 teams- some 12...roto scoring

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won the 'ship last year (4th time in 7 years) and have an older more expensive team--- and a big roster dilemma

I have Seager who will cost 35$ to keep- and Lindor who will cost 40$ to keep--- the budget is 260....since some guys are extremely cheap- think Aaron Judge who was picked up off the waiver wire years ago as a rook and has been kept every year and is only 25$ still---- their is inflation on the players that get to the free agent pool for the auction draft (normally Judge would go for at least 55-60 obviously- maybe more) because a lot of keepers are locked in at low deals.

I dealt Vlad at the deadline last year (who was kept for $20) to "go for it" along with Dominguez and Torkelson- a ton of my young cheap talent) and it paid off...

Get 8 keepers- my options are:

Rutschman- $34
Jose Ramirez- $42
Seager - $35
Lindor- $40
Gerrit Cole - $47
Steer- $5
Outman- $5
Yelich- $25
King- $5
Clase- $15
Luis Castillo- $40
Bieber- - $25
Bibee- $5
Evan Phillips- $6
Rhys Hoskins- $5

Think Seager, Cole, Bibee, Ramirez are for sure keepers- after that it gets tough. Lindor is so good in roto but I already have Seager. Outman at $5 is a very solid deal but is an extra $20 for Yelich smarter? Castillo is so good and a pretty good deal at $40 but I am already blowing a ton of my budget. Clase is at $15 which is fairly expensive for a closer but he made the most saves in baseball last year in a "down" year.....Rutschman is so good and he is only gonna get better but I dont usually like paying for catchers who get hurt and dont play everyday.....

I dealt Jason Dominguez in my minors--- my minor leaguers left are Eury Perez, Andrew Painter, Riley Greene, Zac Veen---- since Eury and Greene lost minor league eligibility last year this is the last year I can have them in the minors- next year I move them up for $1.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DJ

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you still drafting? I could give you some sleepers- especially if its dynasty and its a deep league.

hasn't even started

most of my team is minor league pickups from last 3 years lol.

and then Aaron Judge and Scherzer

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hasn't even started

most of my team is minor league pickups from last 3 years lol.

and then Aaron Judge and Scherzer
Manzardo will probably not start with the Guardians but he might be a minor leaguer still out there and I think he has some upside.

Who is out there right now? Are most of the minor leagues out there to pick up? Manzardo is a little down the line but I would think might still be out there---

• Haha

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manzardo will probably not start with the Guardians but he might be a minor leaguer still out there and I think he has some upside.

Who is out there right now? Are most of the minor leagues out there to pick up? Manzardo is a little down the line but I would think might still be out there---
Thanks wiggy

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will look at him

I mean... hundreds of players? lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching UW vs Zona in college hoops on CBS.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bruins vs Trojans square off tonight.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

*Throws a couple sideyes at @trojanfan12 and @Black Adam*