• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree on this point. This is the way Doug Pederson coached. His aggression in calling the Philly Special at the end of the first half on 4th down instead of taking the auto choice of FG helped win the Eagles the Super Bowl.

That balance you speak of may come over time for Campbell. His aggression helped put a team that’s been dog shit for decades into the NFC championship game. That really can’t be argued. The players on the team have taken on the aggressive persona of their coach and it has been to the benefit of the Lions.

It’s easy to poop on shit when it doesn’t work. Data shows that Campbell’s teams had executed on 4th down all year at a high clip. You have to be who you are.
If you are pointing out one play then you misunderstood my entire point. I said he needs balance, he has no balance and there is data to say that if he keeps being ultra-aggressive he won't be successful. In fact, he is more likely to run his team into the ground then be successful. If you don't trust your kicker, that should be a major need in the offseason.

Again, the whole point is he just goes for bc that is his style of play. He doesn't look at each scenario and circumstance differently.

4th and 3. Shit, ok I will go for it. I always do. *up 14 points, can go up 3 possessions and haven't scored in the 2nd half*

That just isn't smart coaching and he is digging a grave for himself in the long run. If he is smarter than I think, he will learn from this and have some sort of balance in his aggressive playcalling and start being a bit smarter. %'s only take you so far. You won't see Andy Reid passing up 3 points to go up 3 possessions. No way in hell

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but also failing to convert doesn't lose you the game, you're still up 14

Not tying it late means if they score again game over you are down 2 scores. They ended up losing by....3

So either field goal potentially results in a tied game and possible OT and kicking both potentially results in a 3 point win for the Lions. Additionally, as I mentioned, kicking the 1st field goal keeps momentum on their side and also means an extra series/extra time for the Niners to take tie or take the lead.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a pass first guy...which is a weird fit.
with his work with Allen and also Cam Newton (who both seem to love the guy) seems the fit is his success with running QBs.

Wasn't my first choice but my opinion wasn't really based on all that much (was hoping for Kubiac). we'll see how it works out I guess.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t coach completely different after coaching one way since September. That’s where the ravens went wrong

I agree.

But we are talking situational football.

Can’t blindly go on 4th and 3 every time.

I guarantee Campbell didn’t do that either.

Up 14 in the 3rd quarter?

Kick and make it 3 possession game.

Down 3 with 5 minutes left?

Kick and tie the game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are pointing out one play then you misunderstood my entire point. I said he needs balance, he has no balance and there is data to say that if he keeps being ultra-aggressive he won't be successful. In fact, he is more likely to run his team into the ground then be successful. If you don't trust your kicker, that should be a major need in the offseason.

Again, the whole point is he just goes for bc that is his style of play. He doesn't look at each scenario and circumstance differently.

4th and 3. Shit, ok I will go for it. I always do. *up 14 points, can go up 3 possessions and haven't scored in the 2nd half*

That just isn't smart coaching and he is digging a grave for himself in the long run. If he is smarter than I think, he will learn from this and have some sort of balance in his aggressive playcalling and start being a bit smarter. %'s only take you so far. You won't see Andy Reid passing up 3 points to go up 3 possessions. No way in hell
Which Andy Reid? The one I got or the one the Chiefs got?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

But we are talking situational football.

Can’t blindly go on 4th and 3 every time.

I guarantee Campbell didn’t do that either.

Up 14 in the 3rd quarter?

Kick and make it 3 possession game.

Down 3 with 5 minutes left?

Kick and tie the game.
what if the kicker is really bad in that situation (where they were when his kick could have tied it)?

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, got too boring for me. Used to buy it every year, but it's been pretty much the same up to now. Back in the day it was more fun...

Now NBA2K? That I still play a lot...
Yeah I think Madden was at its finest in the early to mid 2000’s, I used to play the shit out of those games, NCAA Football too before they stopped making them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is a really good football coach the day after the game.
I said it earlier in the season so maybe I am a really good football coach all year long

Interested Kevin Nash GIF

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think maybe he did....thought I saw where he was less than 50% on those kicks from that distance.
100% this year I believe. I’m not sure I would go career numbers for kickers. Some are up and down, some find their way eventually, some get on hot streaks. I believe he made all kicks with Detroit, could be wrong

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 152,225.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if the kicker is really bad in that situation (where they were when his kick could have tied it)?
What if the coach doesn’t give a shit what anyone thinks and has the full backing of the organization and players?