• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I'm a much bigger fan of salary floors than I am salary caps. Even with floors, there are owners who will just stick near the floor. But at least it's something that should encourage more owners to try to compete.
I’m constantly amazed that the NBA got a 90 percent floor in place.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When teams can go 34% over the cap before receiving serious penalty (second apron), that's still a pretty wide margin.
Yup it’s a real floor but not a real cap

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that 90% is actually more like 55% in terms of real limits
Depends on how you look at it I guess. I’m not going to criticize anyone for running a successful business.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how you look at it I guess. I’m not going to criticize anyone for running a successful business.

Depends on ones definition of successful, I guess.

If just being profitable is considered successful, then even the Donald Sterling Clippers could be considered successful. Although I'm betting that both of their fans would disagree.

In sports, success is determined not just on profitability, but also on winning.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on ones definition of successful, I guess.

If just being profitable is considered successful, then even the Donald Sterling Clippers could be considered successful. Although I'm betting that both of their fans would disagree.

In sports, success is determined not just on profitability, but also on winning.
Yup, and success is relative. Everyone gets to decide what the are impressed by. I was impressed by the A’s being able to compete all those years.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, and success is relative. Everyone gets to decide what the are impressed by. I was impressed by the A’s being able to compete all those years.

Assume you're talking about the "moneyball years". They competed, but they were never really a threat to win anything. But that's a whole lot better than teams that don't really even try. At least A's fans could go to the ballpark knowing their team had a reasonable shot at winning the game.

It would suck to go to a game knowing your team doesn't have much of a shot.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like BB might sit out a season and get a job in 2025 offseason.

It'll be interesting. I think he lost a lot of his shine since Brady left...especially with some of the decisions he's made on personnel and assistant coaches.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting. I think he lost a lot of his shine since Brady left...especially with some of the decisions he's made on personnel and assistant coaches.
My best friend in Brooklyn (the Jets fan I sometimes mention on here) just texted me and said he is casting a large shadow over NYC. He thinks it's possible the Jets or Giants can their HC and go with BB.

MAYBE....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best friend in Brooklyn (the Jets fan I sometimes mention on here) just texted me and said he is casting a large shadow over NYC. He thinks it's possible the Jets or Giants can their HC and go with BB.

MAYBE....

I think that could be a mistake. I think the game may have passed him by and he's too stubborn to adjust.

Not gonna say that it for sure has passed him by as people forget that he lost a lot more than just Brady when Brady left. There was at least a little bit of a rebuild there.

But some of his moves and decisions have been kind of bizarre.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that could be a mistake. I think the game may have passed him by and he's too stubborn to adjust.

Not gonna say that it for sure has passed him by as people forget that he lost a lot more than just Brady when Brady left. There was at least a little bit of a rebuild there.

But some of his moves and decisions have been kind of bizarre.
Being head coach in the NFL is probably the toughest of all coaching jobs. It's by far the sport where coaching matters most, and it's kind of a young man's game. Remember when they brought Joe Gibbs old ass out of retirement? It did not go well. I wouldn't want BB to come in and coach my team today.