• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He couldn’t make the Panthers go (no one has) but in both Carolina and LA the commentary was that he was a good teammate and a good soldier in the locker room.
I tend to think he was here, too, for the most part. Likely some who didn't like him but think most thought he was a good teammate.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not crazy money, but the first comment I disagreed with had him getting $150 mil.....hell, that might even happen I just don't think it will.
Yeah I said that was possible, the thought being he is a lot younger than Geno

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize Daniel Jones is not very good, right? Never had a season anywhere close to what Mayfield has done.

And he got the bag,

If the Browns hadn't bailed on Baker, he'd already be making Daniel Jones money. It's not like this season is a statistical outlier, it's more or less what he did in 2020 when he kept the turnovers down.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns hadn't bailed on Baker, he'd already be making Daniel Jones money. It's not like this season is a statistical outlier, it's more or less what he did in 2020 when he kept the turnovers down.
I realize that.

He isn't elite or great but he is a pretty good QB and they get paid.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RB coach firing is the only one that doesn’t make sense. They want to take the offense in another direction which is great by me

Not sure how they know what that is, given the rash of injuries they dealt with. They need to play to the strengths of the QB they are tied to whether they like it or not. Van Pelt had reportedly been giving Watson a lot of input into the offense (at least per reports in August). Do they try to bring in an OC he had experience with in Houston? Tim Kelly is with the Titans, Bill O'Brien?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how they know what that is, given the rash of injuries they dealt with. They need to play to the strengths of the QB they are tied to whether they like it or not. Van Pelt had reportedly been giving Watson a lot of input into the offense (at least per reports in August). Do they try to bring in an OC he had experience with in Houston? Tim Kelly is with the Titans, Bill O'Brien?
I don't think Van Pelt's scheme was ideal for Watson. They can find a better coordinator. Change is usually a good thing especially if teams aren't making an effort to steal away your coordinators.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing some players get upset when nearly any coach gets let go so that's a nonissue (especially when no player speaks out about it as so far none have). Not sure why it's been done and it was surprising.......but also might have been a mutual parting.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's likely not making that kind of money because the Browns would not pay him that much and it's what he wanted. Guessing they did not want to pay big money (and, no, not top dollar) to a QB they thought was just good or maybe mediocre.

Might they have messed up? Yep....but we don't know and wont until at least next season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RB coach firing is the only one that doesn’t make sense. They want to take the offense in another direction which is great by me
I guess the TE coach being let go is a little odd as Njoku was pretty good and Bryant/atkins were OK for backups. But honestly before it was announced I could not have even told you who our TE coach was.