• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he had reached a point where they had to either pay him or let him go and start over...they still believed in him, so they paid him.

Baker isn't really in that category. I don't know if he'll only get $20 million per...but it's kind of hard to quantify because he's been inconsistent and has bounced around a bit.

I would say though, that with every playoff game he wins, his price goes up. lol
If he has an agent worth anything he can get 35 mill per......that is not wild money in today's QB market.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he had reached a point where they had to either pay him or let him go and start over...they still believed in him, so they paid him.

Baker isn't really in that category. I don't know if he'll only get $20 million per...but it's kind of hard to quantify because he's been inconsistent and has bounced around a bit.

I would say though, that with every playoff game he wins, his price goes up. lol
Your own team just paid Geno similar money because he had a single season of “OMG you aren’t the retard we thought you were!”

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're seriously debating how much a QB is gonna get paid as a FA.

I love this place.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he has an agent worth anything he can get 35 mill per......that is not wild money in today's QB market.

True. It'll be interesting to see what he gets. I just think that there are some red flags with him that could keep his price down.

Having said that, there are several teams that need QB's though, so if a couple of them come calling, it'll definitely help drive his price up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your own team just paid Geno similar money because he had a single season of “OMG you aren’t the retard we thought you were!”

And they shouldn't have because he's shown why he was a career backup. Also, he didn't have red flags like Baker does. He was a career backup who had been decent in his opportunities.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,175.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. It'll be interesting to see what he gets. I just think that there are some red flags with him that could keep his price down.

Having said that, there are several teams that need QB's though, so if a couple of them come calling, it'll definitely help drive his price up.
He sure didn’t hurt himself last night being seen pumping up guys that were dropping passes and such. He looked like an old school quarterback in complete control of a team, don’t see that all the time anymore. He’s set anyway, but I watched him make an ass of himself enough, good to see him hopefully turning a corner. He’s always going to be a “game manager” type qb, nothing wrong with that it could be said that is what Brady was.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure didn’t hurt himself last night being seen pumping up guys that were dropping passes and such. He looked like an old school quarterback in complete control of a team, don’t see that all the time anymore. He’s set anyway, but I watched him make an ass of himself enough, good to see him hopefully turning a corner. He’s always going to be a “game manager” type qb, nothing wrong with that it could be said that is what Brady was.

Nope, he was great last night. That's why I say that with every playoff game he wins (or even plays well in), his price goes up.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said he hasn't? Pretty sure my first sentence in the post you replied to was "And they shouldn't have, he's shown why he was a career backup".
What you don’t understand is that this is the market for QB. If the Seahawks didn’t give Geno that money someone else would have because there are more jobs than there are good QBs in the league. 40 million a year now represents about 70% of the top end value.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
150 bucks real money. You say he gets like 20 mill per and I say it is closer to Geno or Daniel Jones type moolah.

We can do a Walmart to Walmart wire transfer, Western Union, etc.
No thanks it's not that serious to me......had I guaranteed this is what he'd get, though, I would of course make the bet.

If I'm wrong either I will remember or someone will remind me and I'll simply own that I was wrong. I wont bring up something that person said in the past that was wrong/foolish/a lie, rip his team, etc. Just say I was wrong and move on.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just that other people understand the value of QBs in the NFL and what they get paid. You’re incredibly far off.
and if I am know what I'll do? I will remember or someone will remind me and I'll simply own that I was wrong. I wont bring up something that person said in the past that was wrong/foolish/a lie, rip his team, etc. Just say I was wrong and move on.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss doesn’t understand the game of football and how to evaluate QB play.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield will get a 3 year deal worth 100-110 mill. That is not crazy money after the season he just had.

Like a career backup Geno got after 1 good season.
That's not crazy money, but the first comment I disagreed with had him getting $150 mil.....hell, that might even happen I just don't think it will.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False. Watson at his best never had his team in a Super Bowl and he was never 2nd in MVP voting. At “his best” Watson had a 4-12 team. Hes not a leader. He’s not even a good human being. He’s not a winner.
The guys who play with him seem to think otherwise, but sure.