• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed up for a situation in Tampa and that’s all they could have afforded. He could have taken short term money last year and be in less of a situation. The real value of Mayfield on the open market isn’t $4 million a year. That could be the piece that has you saying retarded shit like Baker would sign a contract for an AAV of $20 million for 3 years. I doubt he’d even do a one year show me deal for $20 million after a year of 4,000 + yards and a 3:1 TD:INT ratio.
And Tampa was the right place to do it with Godwin and Evans plus the other talent they have on offense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I totally forgot about that team that lost to Chad Henne.
I mean, Mahomes played more than him and they won in Pittsburgh to beat Big Ben, too.

But, yes, you were wrong........again. At least it wasn't a lie, though. Baby steps.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed up for a situation in Tampa and that’s all they could have afforded. He could have taken short term money last year and be in less of a situation. The real value of Mayfield on the open market isn’t $4 million a year. That could be the piece that has you saying retarded shit like Baker would sign a contract for an AAV of $20 million for 3 years. I doubt he’d even do a one year show me deal for $20 million after a year of 4,000 + yards and a 3:1 TD:INT ratio.
what has me saying it is teams know he is incredibly inconsistent....if he gets more good for him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many big years did Geno have after being a career backup when he left the Jets?

I think the issue is so far Baker has followed big years with terrible seasons. after 2018 and 2020. Might he get more? Sure. My guess is he does not. If I'm wrong good for Baker.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would def bang T Swift

but I'm not fat and feel like I'm a solid 7 for middle age

Otherwise...co sign on these lying asses saying they wouldn't drop trow for Taylor
I would not.....I got it pretty good over here. Eating good, Casa DJ in Vegas coming up.....grandkids climbing on me like I am jungle gym. Speficifally little Demetrius.

My wife finds out I banged Swifty and I am most likely a dead man, Madea got nothing on my wife. Plus, we watch a lot of Snapped and Dateline. I am fairly certain this is some kind of subliminal message to me.

Keeping my pecker in my boxers and pants. Thank you very much.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what has me saying it is teams know he is incredibly inconsistent....if he gets more good for him.
You mean like Daniel Jones and Geno Smith? You really don’t understand QB value in the NFL. You don’t even have to be good now to get a contract that starts with an AAV at $30 million with half of the deal being guaranteed money. The top end of the market is getting $50/56 million AAV last off season. $20 million AAV is fools talk.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the issue is so far Baker has followed big years with terrible seasons. after 2018 and 2020. Might he get more? Sure. My guess is he does not. If I'm wrong good for Baker.
But that was playing for a garbage poorly run organization and multiple coaching changes.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize Daniel Jones is not very good, right? Never had a season anywhere close to what Mayfield has done.

And he got the bag,

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn’t understand football. He doesn’t understand that Hurts has gotten straight malpractice from the offensive staff this year and the impact that has on Hurts. He does this with baseball. The best season is what the Guardian player will be going forward. But when it’s any other player their best season is the outlier and they judged when they’re at their worst.

Because he doesn’t know football, this post will irritate him and he will go looking for some analytics that trash Jalen Hurts. Hurts regressed this year for sure but I’ll just point out this one play.

Eagles are down 16 and they have 4th and 5. They’re down AJ Brown. They’re down Julio Jones. Devonta Smith and Goedert are the only guys worth throwing to on a must have play. Smith more so than Goedert. So what do they have him run against a predictable pressure look? He runs the 25 yard corner route when you need 5 yards. If he just runs an 8 yard curl or slant they move the sticks.

They have programmed Hurts to look down field over taking easy check downs. They have become stale in their pattern running and it gets called out by the color analyst every week.

This is a dude who doesn’t even prepare to stop the Eagles offense. This was all season!

it doesn't take advanced stats to clearly see Hurts is just not that great. He is getting paid like a top 5 QB and hes not a top 10 QB. He got paid as much as he did coming off a Super Bowl run when the defense had a historic pass rush.

He is not in the same tier as Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Burrows- we all know that.

If GM's could have their pick- I think clear Herbert, Stroud, Purdy would go before him.

Love, Tua, Lawrence?- honestly I would take all 3 before Hurts after watching Love perform lately. Tua and him are fairly similar in some ways but I think Tua is the better pure passer. Lawrence cratered at the end but he had about 8 injuries and lost what he had of his already mediocre weapons and a (to be described generously) mediocre line.

Out of guys that still have plenty of track in front of them (forget the older ones like Stafford- who def. out played him)- like Dak, Mayfield, Goff, Watson, Murray, Fields, Richardson, --- how many is his long term outlook better than? It is a fair question.

He is a little small- and a little gimmicky if you ask me- he had a great line, and great weapons this year and fell apart.

Him getting paid like a top 5 QB is absurd.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like Daniel Jones and Geno Smith? You really don’t understand QB value in the NFL. You don’t even have to be good now to get a contract that starts with an AAV at $30 million with half of the deal being guaranteed money. The top end of the market is getting $50/56 million AAV last off season. $20 million AAV is fools talk.
I do understand and last time he had a season like this, in fact, his team would not give him that much.

But said my opinion is he'll get $20 mil or so and also that he could get more and I'd be wrong. would you rather I just lie like you like to do, Tommy?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize Daniel Jones is not very good, right? Never had a season anywhere close to what Mayfield has done.

And he got the bag,
Yep

I think most comical is how some are fighting for Baker to be paid after saying how bad he is, his teammates hate him, etc.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do understand and last time he had a season like this, in fact, his team would not give him that much.

But said my opinion is he'll get $20 mil or so and also that he could get more and I'd be wrong. would you rather I just lie like you like to do, Tommy?
150 bucks real money. You say he gets like 20 mill per and I say it is closer to Geno or Daniel Jones type moolah.

We can do a Walmart to Walmart wire transfer, Western Union, etc.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it doesn't take advanced stats to clearly see Hurts is just not that great. He is getting paid like a top 5 QB and hes not a top 10 QB. He got paid as much as he did coming off a Super Bowl run when the defense had a historic pass rush.

He is not in the same tier as Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Burrows- we all know that.

If GM's could have their pick- I think clear Herbert, Stroud, Purdy would go before him.

Love, Tua, Lawrence?- honestly I would take all 3 before Hurts after watching Love perform lately. Tua and him are fairly similar in some ways but I think Tua is the better pure passer. Lawrence cratered at the end but he had about 8 injuries and lost what he had of his already mediocre weapons and a (to be described generously) mediocre line.

Out of guys that still have plenty of track in front of them (forget the older ones like Stafford- who def. out played him)- like Dak, Mayfield, Goff, Watson, Murray, Fields, Richardson, --- how many is his long term outlook better than? It is a fair question.

He is a little small- and a little gimmicky if you ask me- he had a great line, and great weapons this year and fell apart.

Him getting paid like a top 5 QB is absurd.
And yet, no one asked you. Your team is paying the same money to a lesser QB who can’t even stay on the field or out of the news for sexually assaulting women. Nobody here has any value in your opinion on football.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep

I think most comical is how some are fighting for Baker to be paid after saying how bad he is, his teammates hate him, etc.
It’s just that other people understand the value of QBs in the NFL and what they get paid. You’re incredibly far off.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid got $4 mil last season and because it was a major gaffe to sign Jones doesn't mean others will be so quick to pay Baker that much after a bounceback season.

Guess we'll see.
I tend to agree with you- I think if someone is predicting 4 years 120M for Baker, or 3 years 60- it will be closer ot the 3 years 60. That mid-QB tier is hard to figure out $ wise....its like- if we like but dont love the guy- do we hamstring or franchise or just draft someone?

now if he wins another playoff game maybe they have to get serious- but I think 3 years 75 is pretty reasonable- gets Baker paid- doesn't destroy Tampa if they eventually want to draft a guy....

What it comes down to is - is another team willing to pay a lot more? I highly doubt it. Like your Chicago comment- why not just draft a guy and pay him the rookie wage scale for 5 years which is a huge advantage?

Holding out Daniel Jones' deal- which is now a disaster- isn't exactly a persuasive argument either- these 6'0" QB's on second (or 4th) teams- they just aren't gonna get paid like a 6' 4" guy with his original franchise.

I dont think its fair to acertain extent- because I think Baker is a very solid passer- (I would rather have him than Hurts- I can tell you that)- but its just the market.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would def bang T Swift

but I'm not fat and feel like I'm a solid 7 for middle age

Otherwise...co sign on these lying asses saying they wouldn't drop trow for Taylor
She’s a little skinny for my taste, she could give me head though. :noidea:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, no one asked you. Your team is paying the same money to a lesser QB who can’t even stay on the field or out of the news for sexually assaulting women. Nobody here has any value in your opinion on football.
to be fair- Hurts has never played nearly as well as Watson has in the NFL. Now- it is a totally fair question- and I can understand the reasonable doubt that he will ever get back to that level- but make no mistake- Watson at his best destroys whatever Hurts has shown at his best. You know that.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,645.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with you- I think if someone is predicting 4 years 120M for Baker, or 3 years 60- it will be closer ot the 3 years 60. That mid-QB tier is hard to figure out $ wise....its like- if we like but dont love the guy- do we hamstring or franchise or just draft someone?

now if he wins another playoff game maybe they have to get serious- but I think 3 years 75 is pretty reasonable- gets Baker paid- doesn't destroy Tampa if they eventually want to draft a guy....

What it comes down to is - is another team willing to pay a lot more? I highly doubt it. Like your Chicago comment- why not just draft a guy and pay him the rookie wage scale for 5 years which is a huge advantage?

Holding out Daniel Jones' deal- which is now a disaster- isn't exactly a persuasive argument either- these 6'0" QB's on second (or 4th) teams- they just aren't gonna get paid like a 6' 4" guy with his original franchise.

I dont think its fair to acertain extent- because I think Baker is a very solid passer- (I would rather have him than Hurts- I can tell you that)- but its just the market.
Mayfield will get a 3 year deal worth 100-110 mill. That is not crazy money after the season he just had.

Like a career backup Geno got after 1 good season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he got the bag,

To be fair, he had reached a point where they had to either pay him or let him go and start over...they still believed in him, so they paid him.

Baker isn't really in that category. I don't know if he'll only get $20 million per...but it's kind of hard to quantify because he's been inconsistent and has bounced around a bit.

I would say though, that with every playoff game he wins, his price goes up. lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair- Hurts has never played nearly as well as Watson has in the NFL. Now- it is a totally fair question- and I can understand the reasonable doubt that he will ever get back to that level- but make no mistake- Watson at his best destroys whatever Hurts has shown at his best. You know that.
False. Watson at his best never had his team in a Super Bowl and he was never 2nd in MVP voting. At “his best” Watson had a 4-12 team. Hes not a leader. He’s not even a good human being. He’s not a winner.