• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. What I said.

You continue to make excuses for him. Even still.

As if he had some dire supporting cast.

If it wasn’t dire, then stop talking about the lack of talent and the bad coaching.
said he has exceptional RBs and solid WRs also an exceptional O-line. Dire? did he have dire circumstances for a couple games? Yep. NYJ and Steeler playoff game.

Once again, as irrational people are wont to do, you wont answer my question. Are you actually trying to argue the following "excuses" would not matter to a QB and matter a lot?.......stud O-lineman AND their backups out as well as the coach? New system every season, one with no preseason or regular practice another with arguably the worst coach ever vs. same system every year? Taking over a team that was in the playoffs vs. a team that was 1-31?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I don’t care to discuss that anymore because it has been covered ad nasuem by me and others. I have addressed that already.

And as I have said, Josh Allen’s situation was not exactly ideal. If Baker’s situation wasn’t so bad, then stop making so many excuses.

Which was exactly why I used the words I used. To make that point.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I don’t care to discuss that anymore because it has been covered ad nasuem by me and others. I have addressed that already.

And as I have said, Josh Allen’s situation was not exactly ideal. If Baker’s situation wasn’t so bad, then stop making so many excuses.

Which was exactly why I used the words I used. To make that point.
His situation was bad (for some games and, yes, in the Freddie season) but his supporting cast was far from dire and that was never said.

Kind of funny you wont answer the question, though...and expected.

"There are so many traits but the most distinguishable is that irrational people get royally pissed off if you ask them questions that even remotely, vaguely, subtly oppose what they’re saying. They don’t listen to anyone else and they sure don’t appreciate being asked questions. They take it as a personal offense."

well, cannot say I think you are pissed off....so you've got that going for you. You can go ahead and get the last word. Will it be deflection (certainly wont be an answer to the question(s).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His situation was bad (for some games and, yes, in the Freddie season) but his supporting cast was far from dire and that was never said.

Kind of funny you wont answer the question, though...and expected.

"There are so many traits but the most distinguishable is that irrational people get royally pissed off if you ask them questions that even remotely, vaguely, subtly oppose what they’re saying. They don’t listen to anyone else and they sure don’t appreciate being asked questions. They take it as a personal offense."

well, cannot say I think you are pissed off....so you've got that going for you. You can go ahead and get the last word. Will it be deflection (certainly wont be an answer to the question(s).

I have answered it just not the way you want me to because I don’t agree. Not going to do it again. You can look back if you want.

And I am done with the semantical BS also.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but I don’t think he will. He is certainly not as good as Allen.

That doesn't necessarily matter. If Jackson gets slightly more than Josh, then a deal for Mayfield somewhere in that range becomes even more likely. Top paid QB is as much about next man up as it is talent.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak got paid (eventually). Patty got paid, as expected. Allen got paid. Baker and Lamar will get paid. Looking at Allen's deal it isn't as great as people think though (at least until the full details come out)....

It’s essentially a 3 year 100m deal.

The Bills have an out in 2025.

2026 - 2027, which count for $81m of the deal are essentially fake years. The deal is perfect for a restructure at the end of the contract and I expect Baker to be similar. I'm sure he isn't complaining but Mahomes is light years better (for obvious reasons). Haven't looked at Dak's contract.

Odds are, the Bills don't use that out. It's an emergency escape clause basically. It's mutually beneficial, for the extension possibilities you mention. No upper echelon player wants a long term deal that will ultimately limit his earning potential.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 have you tried Popcorners? They are really good and healthier than tater chips.....

1-White cheddar is the best
2-Sea salt
3-Kettle corn

I've been going low carb/sugar lately, so I'm sure these are probably still out of my wheelhouse. Great that they aren't fried or have preservatives though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...can we also imagine Baker had Diggs all of last season or played in Stefanski's system since his rookie year?

Yeah, Mayfield has to play with those borderline UPS workers Beckham and Landry. Poor fella...

Was anyone propping up the Bills offense before last season?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't necessarily matter. If Jackson gets slightly more than Josh, then a deal for Mayfield somewhere in that range becomes even more likely. Top paid QB is as much about next man up as it is talent.
No disagreement there. Only issue I ever had with anyone here was those implying the Browns screwed up by not getting this done when we don't know how the negotiations went. Only way waiting is "bad" for the Browns is if Baker balls out, we get to AFCCG or maybe SB and they have to pay him maybe $3-5 mil more per season than they might have wanted (but now see he is worth)? Oh, no.

Even worse would be paying him too much and he regresses....worse for many reasons, of course.

I kind of wonder what LJ gets as he regressed some last year and is a totally different QB than Allen. Have to be a little more concerned with injury with him I'd think.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question. No doubt was better last season and guess would be he's better over time as well, but certainly there are some valid reasons to not think this is a lock like most are saying.

And those reasons would be.....

yhst-68833199508611_2686_9438745908

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Mayfield has to play with those borderline UPS workers Beckham and Landry. Poor fella...

Was anyone propping up the Bills offense before last season?
OBJ was out and Landry is just a solid #2, not a #1. Higgins as a #3 and Hodge or 6th round rookie as a 4? No doubt he had exceptional RBs and OL.

Since I answer direct questions, I'll answer yours and say no. Maybe because Allen was only OK at best the previous season and they didn't yet have Diggs (or maybe even Beasley and/or Brown...too lazy to look)?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those reasons would be.....

yhst-68833199508611_2686_9438745908
Yeah, except I am able to look at things rationally and objectively which might be why I said Allen was obviously better last season and guess is will be over time.

And, sure, Baker needs to prove last 10 games of last season is who he is.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that. But he's a better #1 than Landry, right? Beasley a better #2 than Higgins? John Brown a better #3 than Hodge or rookie DPJ?

Think Allen has same success if he had to suffer through a season with Freddie? How about if the Jets drafted him?

Beasley and Brown were essentially castoffs before becoming Bills. Brown could never stay healthy and Beasley was valuable, but an afterthought to most in Dalls.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley and Brown were essentially castoffs before becoming Bills. Brown could never stay healthy and Beasley was valuable, but an afterthought to most in Dalls.
Better than Higgins, Hodge and Peoples-Jones (a 6th round rookie)? Yes or no? Then there is that Diggs fellow.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ was out and Landry is just a solid #2, not a #1. Higgins as a #3 and Hodge or 6th round rookie as a 4? No doubt he had exceptional RBs and OL.

Since I answer direct questions, I'll answer yours and say no. Maybe because Allen was only OK at best the previous season and they didn't yet have Diggs (or maybe even Beasley and/or Brown...too lazy to look)?

Both Beasley and Brown joined the Bills the year prior to Diggs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than Higgins, Hodge and Peoples-Jones (a 6th round rookie)? Yes or no? Then there is that Diggs fellow.

Which is the bigger cushion, slightly better 2s and 3s or a better o-line and a powerful running game to lean on?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, except I am able to look at things rationally and objectively which might be why I said Allen was obviously better last season and guess is will be over time.

And, sure, Baker needs to prove last 10 games of last season is who he is.
Yet can't stop hedging for that possibility that your guy will be better in the long run...hence fanboi winning the internal battle.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is the bigger cushion, slightly better 2s and 3s or a better o-line and a powerful running game to lean on?
shocked you didn't just answer the question, but I'm not spooked by them so I'll answer yours.....I'd probably say the latter (wasn't so hard).

"Slightly better 2s and 3s", though?