• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep talking about Baker’s situations making excuses for why he hasn’t done as well as Allen.

Buffalo had an elite offense last year and they were not loaded with elite offensive talent either. Or at least, they weren’t viewed that way prior to this season.

Because they pieces looked a lot better when Allen played like an MVP. He was the catalyst.

Yeah, Freddie sucked and that held Baker back. But, Buffalo was not any kind of juggernaut until Allen made them one.
This was my list of reasons maybe it's a little premature to say there is no chance Baker could be better than Allen (mind you never said he was). What was said below that implies I said Baker has "a dire supporting cast"?

well, they could point out Baker has never had the same offense/coach any season until this one and Allen has played in same system every year.........Also might remember Allen was added to a playoff team and McDermott and Baker added to a 1-31 disaster and Hue, and Baker was still the better rookie.........perhaps they'd look at Baker going all the way back to college (maybe even HS?) and think that he's been better than expected every season other than the Freddie Fiasco.............Remember all the adversity he faced in his first ever playoff game in Pittsburgh minus starters on the line, some of their backups AND the coach and still moved the ball up and down the field on Pittsburgh...........might recall once OBJ went down his WRs consisted of a #2 guy as his #1, a borderline #3 guy as the 2 and either a top 4-5 guy at best or 6th round rookie as the #3.....might see that PFF - with no agenda - rated Baker the #2 QB in entire NFL after week 7 last season and he and rest of team started to pick up the offense?

Would add were the Browns a juggernaut going 1-31 before Baker's arrival? Bills were a playoff team the season before Allen's first year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my list of reasons maybe it's a little premature to say there is no chance Baker could be better than Allen (mind you never said he was). What was said below that implies I said Baker has "a dire supporting cast"?

well, they could point out Baker has never had the same offense/coach any season until this one and Allen has played in same system every year.........Also might remember Allen was added to a playoff team and McDermott and Baker added to a 1-31 disaster and Hue, and Baker was still the better rookie.........perhaps they'd look at Baker going all the way back to college (maybe even HS?) and think that he's been better than expected every season other than the Freddie Fiasco.............Remember all the adversity he faced in his first ever playoff game in Pittsburgh minus starters on the line, some of their backups AND the coach and still moved the ball up and down the field on Pittsburgh...........might recall once OBJ went down his WRs consisted of a #2 guy as his #1, a borderline #3 guy as the 2 and either a top 4-5 guy at best or 6th round rookie as the #3.....might see that PFF - with no agenda - rated Baker the #2 QB in entire NFL after week 7 last season and he and rest of team started to pick up the offense?

Would add were the Browns a juggernaut going 1-31 before Baker's arrival? Bills were a playoff team the season before Allen's first year.

Josh Allen, in year 3 played like a legit superstar.

Baker Mayfield has not.

He has been pretty good, not great. The more reasons you list, the more it looks like you are making excuses.

And nobody is even blasting Baker. He just isn’t an elite QB. Allen is. And it more than just his situation.

That is all.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen, in year 3 played like a legit superstar.

Baker Mayfield has not.

He has been pretty good, not great. The more reasons you list, the more it looks like you are making excuses.

And nobody is even blasting Baker. He just isn’t an elite QB. Allen is. And it more than just his situation.

That is all.
Nice deflection and not owning the comment you made that was way off base. I mean, if you are gonna cry when someone allegedly puts words in your mouth at least own when you do it. Never said Baker has a dire supporting cast.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice deflection and not owning the comment you made that was way off base. I mean, if you are gonna cry when someone allegedly puts words in your mouth at least own when you do it. Never said Baker has a dire supporting cast.

I never said you used those exact words. Not like I was quoting you. I was making a point counter to your excuse making.

You have done a lot of excuse making for Baker and why he wasn’t as good.

And bottom line, there are plenty of QBs who would gladly trade offensive teammates with Baker.

Which is the point.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said you used those exact words. Not like I was quoting you. I was making a point counter to your excuse making.

You have done a lot of excuse making for Baker and why he wasn’t as good.

And bottom line, there are plenty of QBs who would gladly trade offensive teammates with Baker.

Which is the point.
You embellished what I said to try and make your point. Not sure why you wont just own it, but that's cool. Be nice if you didn't cry when that happens to you.

FYI, can you refute anything I said regarding the so-called "excuses"? Are you suggesting none of them make a difference, possibly a big difference?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll sum this up, for normal people anyway. Mayfield is a very good QB, Allen is a great one. It’s not hard to see, greatness jumps off the screen at you. Doesn’t mean Mayfield won’t always be one of the funnest to watch.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You embellished what I said to try and make your point. Not sure why you wont just own it, but that's cool. Be nice if you didn't cry when that happens to you.

FYI, can you refute anything I said regarding the so-called "excuses"? Are you suggesting none of them make a difference, possibly a big difference?

That is total BS and everyone here knows it but you.

You have made a ton of excuses for Baker as if he had been playing for the Jets or some miserable organization.

I used the words I used as a counter point.

You literally make shit up and act like you are quoting the other person.

So full stop on that.

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free breakfast sandwiches today and Saturday at Wendys.....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll sum this up, for normal people anyway. Mayfield is a very good QB, Allen is a great one. It’s not hard to see, greatness jumps off the screen at you. Doesn’t mean Mayfield won’t always be one of the funnest to watch.
I'll sum this up further...nothing I said has been refuted. I also believe Allen was better last season (how could anyone not?) and think he will be down the road, but maybe wait and see what Baker does in the same offense for the first time since college.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is total BS and everyone here knows it but you.

You have made a ton of excuses for Baker as if he had been playing for the Jets or some miserable organization.

I used the words I used as a counter point.

You literally make shit up and act like you are quoting the other person.

So full stop on that.
you made up what I said to use as your counter point so your stop is not full on. You cry if that happens to you. Whether you choose to accept that or not is, of course, your decision. Not like I expected you to own this and you did not disappoint.

Once again, are you really suggesting none of those "excuses" matter or even matter a lot? Losing top OL starters AND their backups AND the coach? Same system every year vs. new system every year, one with arguably the worst HC the NFL has ever seen?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you made up what I said to use as your counter point so your stop is not full on. You cry if that happens to you. Whether you choose to accept that or not is, of course, your decision. Not like I expected you to own this and you did not disappoint.

Once again, are you really suggesting none of those "excuses" matter or even matter a lot? Losing top OL starters AND their backups AND the coach? Same system every year vs. new system every year, one with arguably the worst HC the NFL has ever seen?

I didn’t make anything up.

I called you out for making countless excuses.

And now you are trying to argue about word choices instead of the actual topic.

And LOL at worst head coach of all time.

Cmon man.

• Haha
Reactions: DJ

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t make anything up.

I called you out for making countless excuses.

And now you are trying to argue about word choices instead of the actual topic.

And LOL at worst head coach of all time.

Cmon man.
Lie, dance, spin, deflect, I never said anything like this (which you claimed was said) - "Baker has not had the dire supporting cast that you are trying to portray though."

In addition, once again, are you actually trying to argue the following "excuses" would not matter to a QB and matter a lot?.......stud O-lineman AND their backups out as well as the coach? New system every season, one with no preseason or regular practice another with arguably the worst coach ever. vs. same system every year? Taking over a team that was in the playoffs vs. a team that was 1-31?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lie, dance, spin, deflect, I never said anything like this (which you claimed was said) - "Baker has not had the dire supporting cast that you are trying to portray though."

In addition, once again, are you actually trying to argue the following "excuses" would not matter to a QB and matter a lot?.......stud O-lineman AND their backups out as well as the coach? New system every season, one with no preseason or regular practice another with arguably the worst coach ever. vs. same system every year? Taking over a team that was in the playoffs vs. a team that was 1-31?

Yep. What I said.

You continue to make excuses for him. Even still.

As if he had some dire supporting cast.

If it wasn’t dire, then stop talking about the lack of talent and the bad coaching.