• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders defensive line is pretty good with Yannick, Crosby and Nassib. Plus the signing of Gerald McCoy to help out at DT with Hankins.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh.... Hunt is good but hes not nearly on the same level as Chubb.

That and Buffalo's o-line isnt nearly as good as Clevelands.

both backs compliment eachother- and keep eachother well rested- its why Chubb was able to average OVER 10 yards a carry in the 4th qtr. Think of that- OVER 10 yards a carry in the 4th qtr of games. Talk about a closer.
Would take Hunt over the Bills rbs

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we will see.

Allen is a superstar.

Baker is just not there and probably won’t ever be.
Based on what most here said after week 1 last year trying to claim wins on being right about Baker I'm gonna wait and see how it plays out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he should get is irrelevant.

If he repeats 2020, I think he probably gets a little more than what Allen got.
Yeah...and Baker might think that too, and perhaps decided he wanted to bet on that and not sign. :noidea:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I don’t understand how some one can look at it any other way. Allen has turned himself into an MVP candidate. In this head to head comparison, I’d also point out that Cleveland has the better overall roster as well around Mayfield. Mayfield could complement one of the best running games in the league. Buffalo had no running game to speak of outside of Allen scrambles.
I'm not saying Allen isn't and wont remain better but how "could" someone see it the other way?

well, they could point out Baker has never had the same offense/coach any season until this one and Allen has played in same system every year.........Also might remember Allen was added to a playoff team and McDermott and Baker added to a 1-31 disaster and Hue, and Baker was still the better rookie.........perhaps they'd look at Baker going all the way back to college (maybe even HS?) and think that he's been better than expected every season other than the Freddie Fiasco.............Remember all the adversity he faced in his first ever playoff game in Pittsburgh minus starters on the line, some of their backups AND the coach and still moved the ball up and down the field on Pittsburgh...........might recall once OBJ went down his WRs consisted of a #2 guy as his #1, a borderline #3 guy as the 2 and either a top 4-5 guy at best or 6th round rookie as the #3.....might see that PFF - with no agenda - rated Baker the #2 QB in entire NFL after week 7 last season and he and rest of team started to pick up the offense?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats rich coming from a fan of a fanbase who booed santa claus and is notoriously ill tempered and illogical.

Was it on Jim Rome that they said the inside of the Philly Phanatic's costume smells like sweat, jaeger and broken dreams?
I really couldn’t tell you. I’m not a Fan Boi so it doesn’t hurt my feelings when people criticize Philly fans. I know I don’t throw batteries or boo Santa Clause. Listen, you Fan Bois help make sports go round and are an important part of the dynamic of sports entertainment. But at the same time, with the exception of Shane, you Cleveland guys are mostly Fan Bois with little integrity in your stated sports opinion. Like I said, no big deal, but it is what it is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean…do we have to say it? I don’t really want to insult anybody but all this Cleveland stuff on this board tells a distinct age old story in sports. Some people drawn to sports are students of the game and can talk ball with integrity in their opinion. And other people are just rah rah Fan Bois. It is what it is.
I'll let you know when you are not part of the latter group and lose your agenda.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh.... Hunt is good but hes not nearly on the same level as Chubb.

That and Buffalo's o-line isnt nearly as good as Clevelands.

both backs compliment eachother- and keep eachother well rested- its why Chubb was able to average OVER 10 yards a carry in the 4th qtr. Think of that- OVER 10 yards a carry in the 4th qtr of games. Talk about a closer.
And let's not forget even without multiple starters out in their playoff game AND some backups they still moved the ball up and down the field on the Steelers.......also without their #1 WR.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Allen isn't and wont remain better but how "could" someone see it the other way?

well, they could point out Baker has never had the same offense/coach any season until this one and Allen has played in same system every year.........Also might remember Allen was added to a playoff team and McDermott and Baker added to a 1-31 disaster and Hue, and Baker was still the better rookie.........perhaps they'd look at Baker going all the way back to college (maybe even HS?) and think that he's been better than expected every season other than the Freddie Fiasco.............Remember all the adversity he faced in his first ever playoff game in Pittsburgh minus starters on the line, some of their backups AND the coach and still moved the ball up and down the field on Pittsburgh...........might recall once OBJ went down his WRs consisted of a #2 guy as his #1, a borderline #3 guy as the 2 and either a top 4-5 guy at best or 6th round rookie as the #3.....might see that PFF - with no agenda - rated Baker the #2 QB in entire NFL after week 7 last season and he and rest of team started to pick up the offense?
All I see here is:
- excuses being made for why Allen is better
- a desire to lean on a rookie year and essentially ignoring years after that.

It’s a Fan Boi opinion. Anyone who follows the NFL knows that there is a gap between Allen and Mayfield and Allen is clearly the better QB. You can talk the future and what may happen all you want. But based on the facts on the ground Allen > Mayfield.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll let you know when you are not part of the latter group and lose your agenda.
Has anybody on this board been more critical of Ben Simmons game than I have? I’m a lot of things but I’m not a Fan Boi. You want to hear me get started on Jalen Hurts and what a mistake it was drafting that guy?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really couldn’t tell you. I’m not a Fan Boi so it doesn’t hurt my feelings when people criticize Philly fans. I know I don’t throw batteries or boo Santa Clause. Listen, you Fan Bois help make sports go round and are an important part of the dynamic of sports entertainment. But at the same time, with the exception of Shane, you Cleveland guys are mostly Fan Bois with little integrity in your stated sports opinion. Like I said, no big deal, but it is what it is

FYI, never said Baker is as good as Allen or will be but gave a long list of credible answers to why he might be thought of that way either now or down the road. Feel free to refute any of them with something factual. Guessing you wont and will remain an Agenda Boy...and that's cool. You be you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I see here is:

It’s a Fan Boi opinion. Anyone who follows the NFL knows that there is a gap between Allen and Mayfield and Allen is clearly the better QB. You can talk the future and what may happen all you want. But based on the facts on the ground Allen > Mayfield.
These are logical and factual answers and as expected you cannot refute any of them.

If Allen was drafted by the Jets is he in the same place he is now in your opinion having had the same success? I'll make this multiple choice to make it easier....
a) yes
b) no

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody on this board been more critical of Ben Simmons game than I have? I’m a lot of things but I’m not a Fan Boi. You want to hear me get started on Jalen Hurts and what a mistake it was drafting that guy?
Cool and I was critical of Baker on the field and more so off the field before and during the 2019 season. Did not expect him to play as well as he did last year but he proved me wrong.

If you don't think Freddie had the most to do with his issues (and the team) in 2019 all you are doing is proving you don't understand football and simply have your agenda. That's cool. Just own who you are.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I see here is:

All I see here is you not coming up with anything factual to refute even one thing I said. You even made a factually incorrect statement as year 3 for Baker was after his rookie season, right? Are you saying that was ignored?