• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is most certainly not as good as Allen.

But my bet is that he gets more than Allen because he will sign a year later.
The market is already set and it has been since Dak/Patty signed

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A question that I think about a lot is, does Allen succeed in Baker’s situation?

4 OC’s and 3 HC’s in 4 years. Benched at first and one of the best rookie years for a QB ever. 2nd year struggles under a new HC. 3rd year another new HC and no offseason. Allen had the same HC his whole career, I don’t he develops the same without the great support he’s had for all these years. Baker is now finally stable with a HC/OC. He must feel like a big weight is lifted off his shoulders. That’s why Baker went #1. I dont think Allen succeed’s under that pressure and failed support system IMO. That’s just how easy a QB can be out of the league in several years but I gotta give it to Baker for sticking through it. Baker deserves that contract just as much as these other two QB’s, maybe he gets a bit less than Allen but I doubt it.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A question that I think about a lot is, does Allen succeed in Baker’s situation?

4 OC’s and 3 HC’s in 4 years. Benched at first and one of the best rookie years for a QB ever. 2nd year struggles under a new HC. 3rd year another new HC and no offseason. Allen had the same HC his whole career, I don’t he develops the same without the great support he’s had for all these years. Baker is now finally stable with a HC/OC. He must feel like a big weight is lifted off his shoulders. That’s why Baker went #1. I dont think Allen succeed’s under that pressure and failed support system IMO. That’s just how easy a QB can be out of the league in several years but I gotta give it to Baker for sticking through it. Baker deserves that contract just as much as these other two QB’s, maybe he gets a bit less than Allen but I doubt it.

Baker made it through possibly the most dysfunctional first two years a qb could possibly have in terms of staff overhaul and then the worst coach in nfl history.

I don't know if he's ever a top 5 elite type qb but in this system he doesn't have to be

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but I don’t think he will. He is certainly not as good as Allen.
He’s not but that doesn’t matter. He’ll use the Allen deal to negotiate something higher. It’s how the game is played. That’s why when you shake it all out, the QB position presents both the most value on contracts and the least value on contracts. Guys like Mahomes and Allen will make a tiny fraction more but the gap in talent is larger than what the next tier gets paid like Prescott and Mayfield.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s not but that doesn’t matter. He’ll use the Allen deal to negotiate something higher. It’s how the game is played. That’s why when you shake it all out, the QB position presents both the most value on contracts and the least value on contracts. Guys like Mahomes and Allen will make a tiny fraction more but the gap in talent is larger than what the next tier gets paid like Prescott and Mayfield.
yeah, this was pretty much my line of thinking yesterday...

guess we'll see, though...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak got paid (eventually). Patty got paid, as expected. Allen got paid. Baker and Lamar will get paid. Looking at Allen's deal it isn't as great as people think though (at least until the full details come out)....

It’s essentially a 3 year 100m deal.

The Bills have an out in 2025.

2026 - 2027, which count for $81m of the deal are essentially fake years. The deal is perfect for a restructure at the end of the contract and I expect Baker to be similar. I'm sure he isn't complaining but Mahomes is light years better (for obvious reasons). Haven't looked at Dak's contract.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak got paid (eventually). Patty got paid, as expected. Allen got paid. Baker and Lamar will get paid. Looking at Allen's deal it isn't as great as people think though (at least until the full details come out)....

It’s essentially a 3 year 100m deal.

The Bills have an out in 2025.

2026 - 2027, which count for $81m of the deal are essentially fake years. The deal is perfect for a restructure at the end of the contract and I expect Baker to be similar. I'm sure he isn't complaining but Mahomes is light years better (for obvious reasons). Haven't looked at Dak's contract.
The only dollars that matter are the guaranteed dollars and that seems to $151 million from what I’ve read.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i ain't so sure. i think this is EXACTLY what Mayfield had in mind. let's be real, franchise QB's don't grow on trees. i think he WILL get more than Allen, ESPECIALLY when you throw in his draft status...
If he does not sign and has a really good season he'll likely get as much or more than Allen (not because better but signed later). If he doesn't he wont IMO.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, but I don’t think he will. He is certainly not as good as Allen.
certainly not as good? I mean, Baker was better as a rookie. Neither all that good year 2 (Allen better). Both really good year 3 (Allen better again). Allen same coach, same system all 3 years. Baker new coach, new system all 3 years (the last with disjointed offseason).
Might he be better or even a lot better? sure...but might not.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is most certainly not as good as Allen.

But my bet is that he gets more than Allen because he will sign a year later.
I mean, another opinion based as fact? Shocked, I tell you.

Maybe at least see what Baker does in his first season with same coach/system first? No excuses this year.....not that he made them last year even with good reason.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I don't agree with the notion a franchise can ruin a QB (which Browns were often accused of even though not true) I do believe he might not have the same success depending which team he goes to. Elite of elite are probably good no matter where. But not sure how good anyone would have been under Freddie. Would you argue Baker has been better every year than expected going back to his OU days?

Honestly, while I'm glad to have Baker instead it wont surprise me if Darnold has at least a solid season away from Gase/Jets.